Top 10 Tallest Statues Of India: Statue Of Unity is the tallest statue of India that has a height of 182 metres. A statue is a free-standing sculpture in which the realistic, full-length figures of great persons, animals, gods or goddesses are carved with stones, metals or bricks. Statues have been produced in many cultures from prehistory to the present, the oldest known statues dating to about 30000 years ago.
Top 10 Tallest Statues Of India
India has many statues, some represent great persons, some represent religious figures. There are some of the top tallest statues in India that enrich the beauty of India and the historical heritage of the country. The following are the top 10 tallest statues of India.
1. Statue Of Unity
Statue of Unity is located on a river Narmada island facing the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Kevadiya colony, 100 kilometres southeast of the city of Vadodara. It is a symbol of the country’s unity and integrity. The height of the Statue Of Unity is 182 metres which is twice the size of New York’s Statue of Liberty. The statue of unity was built to commemorate Sardar Vallabhai Patel, one of the most prominent leaders of India.
- The statue of unity was inaugurated on 31st October 2018 by the prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- The Statue of Unity shows the freedom struggle and patriotism of the Iron man of India.
No 2. Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy Statue
Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy statue is situated in Paritala village near Vijaywada in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy statue is the second tallest statue of India and the world. It was established in 2003. It is a very famous statue.
- The Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy statue is taller than the statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The height of the Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy statue is 41 metres.
No 3. Tathagata Tsal
The Buddha Park of Ravangla is also known as Tathagata Tsal is situated near Ravangla in the South Sikkim district of the Indian state of Sikkim. It was created between 2006 and 2013. Tathagata Tsal is a 130 feet high (40) statue of the Buddha. It was built to mark the 2550th anniversary of the birth of Gautama Buddha.
- The Tathagata Tsal statue was inaugurated on 25 March 2013 by the fourteenth Dalai Lama.
- Tathagata Tsal is the famous tallest Buddha statue in India.
No 4. Dhyana Buddha Statue
The Dhyana Buddha is a statue of Gautama Buddha seated in a meditative posture which was located in Amaravathi of Andhra Pradesh. The Dhyana Buddha statue is 125 feet tall and is situated on a 4.5-acre site on the banks of the Krishna river.
- Dhyana Buddha is embellished with sculptures from the Amaravati school of Art which was flourished in the region in 200 BC-200 AD.
- R. Mallikarjuna Rao, the joint director of Social Welfare Guntur has sculpted this statue.
- Dhyana Buddha statue is made out of brick and concrete.
- Dhyana Buddha statue was commissioned in 2003 and was completed in 2015.
No 5. Murudeshwara Statue
Murudeshwara Statue is famous as the world’s second-tallest Shiva statue. Murudeshwara statue is situated in Murudeshwara town in Bhatkal Taluk of Uttara Kannada district in the state of Karnataka. Murudeshwara town is also popular for the Murudeshwara temple.
- Shivamogga and his team had made Murudeshwara Statue in 1979.
- Murudeshwara Statue height is 37 metres (123 feet).
No 6. Statue Of Guru Rinpoche
Padmasambhava is also called Guru Rinpoche. He was a tantric Buddhist vajra master. He had taught Vajrayana in Tibet. The statue of Guru Rinpoche is situated in Namchi in South Sikkim. He was also called as second Buddha. Guru Rinpoche is also considered to be the emanation of Buddha Amitabha, Shakyamuni Buddha, and Kuan Yin Bodhisattva.
- The statue of Guru Rinpoche is 118 feet in height.
- The construction of the statue of Guru Rinpoche had started in 1997. It has taken seven years to get completion.
No 7. Hanuman Murti
The statue of Hanuman Murti is located at Jakhu Hill near Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. Hanuman Murti height is 33 metres (108 feet). This temple of Jakhoo is of the god Hanuman. This statue is commissioned in 2008 and completed in 2010. It was told in Ramayana that Hanuman had taken rest at this location when he was going to search for the Sanjivini Booti to revive Lakshmana.
- You can go on foot, horse, taxi or ropeway to the Jakhoo Temple.
- To see Hanuman Murti in the Jakhoo temple is open to all free of cost.
- Hanuman Murti is the longest statue in India.
No 8. Basava Statue
The Basava statue is situated in Bidar which is the district of Karnataka. It is known as the tallest statue of Lord Basava in the world. Basava statue height is 33 metres (108 feet). Lord Basava was an Indian poet, Social reformer and Philosopher of the twelfth century.
- Basava statue was constructed in 2012.
- Basava statue is the biggest statue in India.
No 9. Mindroling Monastery Buddha Statue
Mindroling Monastery Buddha Statue is situated in the middle of the serene foothills of the Himalayas. The Mindroling Monastery is considered one of the largest Buddhist centres in India. Many beautiful gardens and a stupa are situated within the perimeter of the monastery.
- Mindroling Monastery Buddha Statue height is 32.6 meters (107 feet) high and has a marvellous look.
- Tibetan community has built this temple in 1965 with the aim to preserve and promote Tibetan culture in India.
No 10.Thiruvalluvar Statue
The Thiruvalluvar Statue or the Valluvar statue is a 133 feet (41metres) tall stone sculpture of the Tamil philosopher and poet Valluvar. He has written the Tirukkural. It is a work on Dharmic and morality in the Tamil language. Thiruvalluvar Statue was sculptured by the Indian sculptor V Ganapati Sthapati.
- Thiruvalluvar Statue was unveiled on the millennium day of 1 January 2000 by the then Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.
- Thiruvalluvar Statue started in 1990 and continued till 1999.
- Thiruvalluvar Statue can be accessed by a short ferry ride.
Which Indian monument has the highest height?
Statue Of Unity that was inaugurated by Narendra Modi Ji is the Indian monument that has the highest height.
What is the second tallest statue in India?
Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy statue is the second tallest statue in India.
Which statue is the tallest?
Statue Of Unity is the tallest statue.
Which is the smallest statue in India?
Thiruvalluvar Statue is the smallest statue in India.
Be First to Comment