Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Chennai: Education in this field is offered in different parts of the world; however, the application requirements for acceptance vary among countries and schools. There are some different routes to attain qualifications in interior design. Interior design education will teach people how to draw and plan out space and cover the latest design software and other important coursework that will prepare them for this field of work. This field offers multiple job opportunities such as owning a business and teaching and chances of promotions within established firms. Some schools will offer education in interior architecture and interior design; these are not the same field of study but do overlap in some ways.
Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Chennai
In this article, we are going to discuss about the top 10 interior design colleges in Chennai. This list will categorize these colleges based on their education, teaching skills, infrastructure, facilities, fee infrastructure, popularity, and many more details. Here below is the list of the top 10 Interior Design Colleges in Chennai.
No.1 FIDA The Design School, Kilpauk
FIDA The Design School, popularly known as FIDA, was established in 2010 to impart quality education in Design and Technology. For the past 10 years, FIDA is known for the quality of exposure given to the students. The institute prepares students for professional excellence in design, fashion, and business by providing a premier educational experience that fosters creativity, career focus, and a global perspective.
- Recognized as “Top 10 promising Interior Designing Institutes” by Higher Education Review 2018
- FIDA aims to take fashion and design education to the common person in India. In addition, it prepares students for professional excellence.
No.2 International Institute of Fashion Design
International Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD), Chennai, is a known institution for offering Fashion and Interior design courses across the world. The Institute is rated among the ‘Top Fashion Design and Interior Design Colleges’ in Chennai in the past few years. It has been offering various courses under Fashion Design and Interior Design. As a part of the curriculum, students are provided opportunities to study abroad with one of the INIFD campuses across other countries, such as London, Bangkok, Indonesia, New York, and Singapore.
- INIFD is associated with ST-London School of Trends to give the students the international edge by providing international teaching methodology
- INIFD is the Official Knowledge Partner of Lakmé Fashion Week
- INIFD has Collaboration with IIID-Institute of Indian Interior Designers and Duravit for excellent practical knowledge of students, which prepares them to face challenges in the Interior Design Industry
- Official Website – http://inifdchennai.com/
No.3 Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
Established in 1985, Hindustan College of Engineering was conferred the status of a university by the UGC, Government of India in 2008 under the name Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS). It is a deemed-to-be University recognized by the UGC, the AICTE, the AIMA, and many other regulating bodies. In addition, it is accredited by NBA for five disciplines, namely Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- HITS has been Awarded in Leading Universities in India Excellence & Innovation in Engineering by BW Education
- HITS Received the Best University award at ThinkEdu Conclave 2020
- HITS Ranked No:2 Deemed to be University in India by India Today 2020
- HITS Rank 37th among 107 Institutions in India (Regional Ranking) in QS World University Asia Rankings 2021
No.4 SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram Campus
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM IST) Ramapuram campus was established in 2004. SRMIST, earlier known as SRM University, has been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). SRM Ramapuram conducts various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Science and Humanities, Management, Architecture, Computer Application, and Dental sciences.
- Industry-institute interactions have consistently placed SRM students well ahead in every field.
- SRM Ranked India’s No.1 Private Engineering University by Times of India 2016,2015,2014
- Microsoft and Amazon Offered salary package of 41.6L PA and 32L PA respectively in 2019
No.5 SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Founded in 1985, SRM Institute of Science and Technology or SRMIST (formerly also known as SRM University) is a top-ranked deemed-to-be university that is part of the SRM Group of Institutions. Accredited by the NAAC with the highest ‘A++’ Grade, SRMIST is a member of the AIU and is approved by UGC. Ranked 3 for Engineering by Times Rankings 2020, 8 for Private Engineering by India Today Rankings 2020, and 13 for BBA by India Today 2020, SRM IST has gained several rankings in recent years.
- SRMIST becomes First South Indian University to Sign academic Mou With Kingston University
- University conducts various seminars, conferences, and workshops for the students.
No.6 DOT School of Design
This school is affiliated to Alagappa University, Karaikudi, DOT School of Design, managed by the leading Designers and Architects. The curriculum is exclusively designed considering industrial knowledge and focuses on hands-on learning through real-life projects. DOT school of design offers undergraduate, graduate, diploma, and PG diploma programs in design, architecture, communication, and arts.
- The curriculum is exclusively designed considering the industrial knowledge and focuses on hands-on learning through real-life projects
- The institute has faculties from esteemed institutions
- 1st Exclusive Multi-disciplinary College for Design courses in Chennai Collaboration with Alagappa University
No.7 ICAT Design and Media College
We always relate creativity with artists and artistic mediums. But ICAT helps students to understand that creativity is much more than art. It actually makes them feel art is an integral part of one’s life itself. In fact, life is an amazing creation in this universe, and everything that we think and do is creative. Furthermore, approaches to higher-level learning and practices make anyone more creative and dynamic.
- Institute collaborated with the National Skills Development Council (NSDC), an initiative taken by the Government of India to offer skill improvement training to millions of young minds across India.
- ICAT offers courses affiliated under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) for the benefit of students
- Institute launched India’s first Digital Media Job Portal. In collaboration with Bharathiar University to offer special programs.
- Institute organized various industrial visits and educational tours for their students to Ken Interactive Pvt Ltd, Ramoji Film City, and many more.
No.8 National College of Design
- Established: 2015
- City: Chennai
- Courses Offered: 16 courses across 4 streams
No.9 Exterior Interior LTD, Chennai
To be the ultimate preferred destination for quality education internationally and provide the power to predict and fulfill industrial and social needs. To emphasize ‘Excellence in Teaching’ through practical applications and the integration of current technology. To successfully bridge the gap between Industry and Institute and continue to do so by imparting industry-accepted courseware in education, by inducting eminent & practicing industry professionals as Faculty and Guest Lecturer.
- To provide “Value-based Quality Education.”
- To emerge as a world-class Institute by striking global alliances with top Universities and Industries.
- To develop professional capabilities and capacities that will deliver the most enterprising and creative talent to the world.
No.10 D D Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College
Dwarka Das Goverdhan Das Vaishnav College, a linguistic minority institution established in 1964 by the Rajasthanis and Gujaratis, settles in Chennai for the cause of higher education. With a soul purpose of imparting knowledge and value-based education, the college saw its grand day on 30th June 1964 with one course in B.Sc Mathematics with Shri. Totadri Iyengar as its first principle.
- Established: 1964
- City: Chennai
- Ownership: Private, Autonomous
- Total Courses: 41 courses across 9 streams
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q- Which college is the best for the study of interior design in Chennai?
A- FIDA The design school is the best college for the study of interior design in Chennai.
Q- What is the cost of interior design in Chennai?
A- On average, the basic package would cost around 2 Lakh INR for 2BHK houses and 2.5 INR Lakh for 3BHK houses. The price would vary based on the type of material you choose for each work.
Q- How do you charge a designing fee?
A- Once you’ve come up with a total estimate, your interior design fees will be based on a percentage of the estimate that will be added to the project’s cost. For example, you would add 30-45% to the project cost to cover your interior design fees.