Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Bangalore: The IT hub of India, Bengaluru, is considered a Global City. Since it is home to people worldwide, the city is known to be a great destination to pursue an Interior Design course. One of the most popular Design specializations, Interior Design, can be pursued by aspirants at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Further, aspirants can pursue Degree, Diploma, and Certificate programs in Interior Design offered at Bengaluru colleges. Some popular entrance exams that candidates can opt to give to secure admission in an Interior Design course offered at Bengaluru colleges are NID Entrance Exam, UCEED, Pearl Academy Entrance Exam, NATA, SEAT, NICC Entrance Exam, etc.
Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Bangalore
In this article, we are going to discuss the top 10 interior design colleges in Bangalore. This list will categorize these colleges based on their design, infrastructure, facilities, fee structure, and many more details. Here below is the list of the top 10 interior design colleges in Bangalore.
No.1 Vogue Institute of Art and Design
Founded in 1996, the Vogue Institute of Art and Design (VIAD) was formerly known as the Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology. It is one of the top Fashion Designing institutes in Bengaluru and is affiliated with Bangalore University and Mysore University. The institute is approved by the UGC and is associated with the Government of Karnataka for providing skill development training projects under the SKKY scheme. It stands among the top eight colleges for Art and Design in the recent survey by Outlook magazine. Also, it was ranked 24 for Fashion Design by India Today 2020.
- Students placed in renowned international brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Levis, and Lifestyle
- Organizes workshops, guest lectures by industry experts, seminars, and fashion shows
- Academic membership with India Design Association and with Lectra of France
- Partnership with Government of Karnataka under Suvarna Kayaka Abhivruddhi Yojana and SKKY scheme for skill development
- Official Website – https://www.voguefashioninstitute.com/
No.2 LISAA School of Design
LISAA School of Design was established in 2013 and is one of the branches of LISAA, France. It is located in Bengaluru and is recognized by the Ministry of Culture and Communication, France. Apart from the Bengaluru campus, LISAA France has various campuses across the globe, including Bordeaux, Paris, Toulouse, Rennes, and Nantes. In India, the LISAA School of Design is run by CREO Valley (Bengaluru), affiliated with Bengaluru Central University.
- LISAA is one of the few schools to be recognized by the French Ministry of Culture & Communication
- Students collaborate with several Design Brands. LISAA is also a partner with universities across the globe during the time they spend here
- Industry-crafted curriculum and in-depth project work with the industry, along with an excellent placement record, make LISAA one of the most valued design schools in the country.
- Excellent Industry Connect, Internationally Immersed program, and Project-based learning helps the students have their skills to their best potential
No.3 NITTE School of Fashion and Technology & Interior Design
NITTE School of Fashion Technology and Interior Design (also known as NSFTID) is a leading Fashion and Interior Design Institute of South India. This is a private, self-financing institute affiliated with the Bengaluru Central University (BCU) and approved by the Government of Karnataka. The institute aims to provide high-quality education in the field of Fashion Technology and Interior Design. It organizes an annual fashion event at a grand level known as ‘MASQUERADE–The Fashion Carnival.
- Institute regularly organizes seminars for the students
- Institute have different fashion designing, apparel designing, interior designing, and decoration lab
- Institute has collaboration with Bangalore University, Bengaluru Central University, Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus, and Institute of Indian Interior Designers
- Institute has signed MOU with Aveksha Hospital for Medical Treatment
No.4 JD Institute of Fashion Technology
Established in 1988, JD Institute of Fashion Technology (JD Institute) (education division of JD Educational Trust) is one of the Art, Design, Management, Media, and Technology institutes in India. It is affiliated with Bengaluru City University (formerly known as Bengaluru Central University) and Goa University to provide several courses. There are 40+ learning centers in India, and JD Institute, Bengaluru, is among the most popular among all campuses.JD Institute of Fashion Technology’s admission process is conducted through offline and online modes. The institute is the education division of JD Educational Trust and was established in 1988 in Mumbai.
- JD institute wins “Leaders in Education” at UK Asian Business Awards 2018
- D institute conducts various types of seminars, workshop, field visits for better enhancement of their students
No.5 Pearl Academy Bangalore
Pearl Academy is one of the leading institutions offering education in Design, Fashion, Media, and Business. The Academy is one of the five campuses based in Delhi West, Delhi South, Jaipur, and Mumbai that come under the Pearl Academy. The Campus has been offered affiliation from the Directorate of Distance Education, Jnana Bharathi Campus, and Bangalore University, Bangalore. It offers degree programs following the International Standards at UG and PG level in Design, Fashion, Media, and Business.
- For five consecutive years, Pearl Academy has been awarded Best Design Institute in India (2016 – 2020) by ASSOCHAM India.
- International collaboration with Universities like Nottingham Trent University, UK, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, USA, the University of the West of England, UK, etc. for academic purpose
- Pearl Academy ranked no.2 amongst the top 10 Fashion Colleges in India by India Today – Nielsen Survey 2017
- National Alliances with companies such as Adobe, Amazon, FDCI, EEMA, FICCI, and many more to ensure that students get the best exposure through guest lectures, workshops, exchange programs, etc
No.6 Centre Of Creative Arts And Design
It is also known as CCAD. It is located in Bangalore. The exams through which admissions are accepted are JET. The popular courses in these colleges are B.A.(Hons), M.A. There are 21 courses across 7 streams. CCAD is keen to support and nurture students who can demonstrate outstanding talent. In support of this, CCAD does provide a small number of scholarships and partial scholarships to the most deserving and exceptionally talented applicants.
- Creative Arts and Design have an academic partnership with ISCA-International School of Creative Arts -Kochi.
- Art and Design campus has a wealth of facilities, including Design classrooms, Art studios, Wet workshop spaces, Vfx studios, Photography studios – to enhance students’ creativity and flair.
No.7 IIFA Lancaster International Campus
IIFA Lancaster Degree College was founded in 1991 and is located in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The college is affiliated with Bangalore University and Barathiar University. It offers UG and PG courses and is a leading college in Game Designing, Fashion Designing, Animation, and Interior Design. Also, the college offers diplomas, advanced diplomas, and international programs. The students get all the basic facilities in the hostel, such as television, newspapers, Wi-Fi, and guest rooms for visitors. The hostel has a mess facility that serves breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
- After completing the Diploma, Master Diploma, and Degree courses, the students are given international jobs.
- IIFA LANCASTER Degree College is a state-of-the-Art residential institute that provides highly industry-centric, professional programs
- IIFA LANCASTER Degree College has world-class infrastructure and modern training facilities to provide a diverse learning environment to the students
- The curriculum is designed based on current best practices in the industry and is constantly reviewed once in 6 months.
No.8 Interior Design Institute
ID Institute is a private Interior Designing Institute located in Bangalore. It was established in 2009 with more than 2300 trained professionals in the field of Designing. It is recognized by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and works on the American Council of Interior Design Accreditation methodology. Currently, it offers diploma and certificate programs in various fields such as Interior Design, Animation, VFX, and Fashion Design. All the diploma programs are certified by NVUP, a National Council for Skill Development and Professional Education Mission registered with NITI AAYOG.
- Recognized as the Best Interior Design Institute 2018 by IIDA, India
- National and International accreditation with National Virtual University for Peace, British Higher School of Art and Design, and Multilateral Recognition Arrangements (MLA)
- IDI is the only First Interior Design Institute teaching through Virtual reality
- IDI is the only institute to teach about the 360-degree panorama and Photorealistic software’s
No.9 The D- School
The Design School, popularly known as The D-School, is an integral part of Jain Deemed to be the university. It is a private school in Bengaluru that offers studio-based learning that engages students to focus on creativity, training, and practice-based collaborative learning. The school is known for its unique, adaptable academic programs, industry and academic partnerships, and a blended pedagogy involving experiential learning opportunities with the industry.
- Widest range of Faculty expertise – ranging from Textile, Graphics, Automobile, Product Design, to UI / UX Design, academically qualified from NID, NIFT, IICD, Stanford, IITD, IITG, MSRSAS, etc
- Opportunity to do the widest number of Projects: built-in Curriculum itself (6-8 in UG Programs and 4-6 in PG Programs). Opportunity to develop Portfolio with an extensive gamut of Project-based learning
- Students are allowed to work on Industry-Sponsored Projects from the very beginning of Specialization.
No.10 Srishti Institute of Art, Design Technology
Srishti Institute of Art, Design, and Technology is a private, non-residential institution established in 1996. The Ujwal Trust founded the institute to offer higher education facilities in areas like art and design. The institute offers several law, education, development programs, media art and sciences, environment and policy, business, and humanities. It provides undergraduate, postgraduate as well as Ph.D. level programs in different fields. It offers design learning in Film, Experimental Media Arts, Visual Communication and Strategic Branding Design in Education, Animation, and Visual Effects, Interaction Design, and many more.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q- Which is the best interior design college in Bangalore?
A- Vogue Institute of Art and Design is the best Interior Design College in Bangalore.
Q- Is Interior Design a good Career?
A- To pursue interior design as a career, first and foremost, you must have a creative imagination Interior Design is a very creative profession that asks for original art and practical work. … Thus, it is a good career for creative and accommodative people.
Q- Do math is compulsory for interior design?
A- Basic math skills are important not only to the everyday work of an interior designer but also to the running of an interior design business. Interior designers must be able to properly calculate measurements for the area of a room and fabric needed for drapes and upholstery.