Who is the Number 1 Punjabi singer in India:- The number 1 Punjabi singer in India is undoubtedly the International Villager Hirdesh Singh who is popularly and widely recognized by the name of Yo Yo Honey Singh. The estimated net worth of this famous Punjabi singer is estimated to be around 25 million United States dollars as of the year 2021 with a monthly income of 30 lakh.
Who is the Number 1 Punjabi singer in India
Honey Singh is an Indian playback singer, song composer, Punjabi rapper, actor, and song lyricist in the mainstream Hindi and Punjabi cinema. Singh is considered one of the highest-paid Punjabi singers both in Bollywood and Punjabi cinema Pollywood.
- Honey Singh’s real name:- Hirdesh Singh
- Honey Singh’s birthday:- 15 March 1983
- Honey Singh’s birthplace:- Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India.
- Honey Singh’s father’s name:- Sardaar Sarabjit Singh
- Honey Singh’s mother’s name:- Bhupinder Kaur
- Honey Singh’s marital status:- Married
- Honey Singh’s spouse:- Married to Shalini Talwar Singh
- Honey Singh’s year active:- 2003 to present
- Honey Singh’s zodiac sign:- Pisces
- Honey Singh’s net worth:- $25 million
- Honey Singh’s monthly income:- Approximately 30lakh rupees
- Honey Singh’s favorite male singer:- Babbu Maan
- Honey Singh’s favorite female singer:- Lata Mangeskar
- Honey Singh’s favorite food:- Gujrati and continental food
- Honey Singh’s Instagram:- Official Honey Singh Instagram Profile
- Honey Singh’s labels:-
- Mafia Mundeer Records
Honey Singh’s hobbies
- Listening music
Honey Singh’s Occupation
- Song Composer
- Music producer
- Music video director
Honey Singh’s early life
Singh was born on 15 March 1983 at Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India to a farmer’s father Sardaar Sarabjit Singh, and housewife mother Bhupinder Kaur as Hirdesh Singh. Singh completed his schooling at Guru Nanak Public School, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi, and completed his graduation from Trinity Schol for Music, London, United Kingdom.
Honey Singh’s career
Singh started his music career as a recording artist and later became a music producer. He started to gain popularity and stardom after the release of his life-changing album International Villager which proved to be an international hit that featured J-Star’s Gabru which the Asian music charts and BBC Asian charts. Later in the same year, he collaborated with Diljit Dosanjh in their popular song Lak 28 Kudi Da which also reached No.1 in BBC Asian Download Chart in May. This song was a song of flop Punjabi movie of Diljit Dosanjh Lion of Punjab but the song proved to be a huge success for both the artists.
Singh’s music career in Bollywood
Singh debuted with the Hindi song of the movie Shakal Pe Mat Ja for which he charged Rs 7 million for a single song in the movie Mastan which is also the largest amount paid to a singer to date in Bollywood. In 2013 he also produced the songs of superhit Bollywood movies Chennai Express and Akshay Kumar’s Boss which proved to be mega-hit not only in the story but because of the song composition too. He has also sung in some low-budget movies like Mere Dad Ki Maruti, Bajate Raho, and hit movies with low-budget Fugly. His latest song was Shoe Machega from the Mumbai Saga movie.
Singh’s acting career in Bollywood and Pollywood
- Honey Singh made his acting debut with the Punjabi movie Mirza-The Untold Story where he performed the role of a gangster in which he won the PTC Punjabi Film Award for Best Male Debut in 2012.
- His second movie was the lead in an action movie Zorawar directed by Vinnie Markan in 2016 which is among the most expensive Punjabi movie to dare.
- Yo-Yo made his acting debut in Bollywood with the musical thriller movie The Xpose with the singer Himesh Reshammiya which proved a super flop movie on the box office in the year 2014.
- An FIR was lodged against Honey Singh for the vulgar lyrics which were filled by the group of social activists on the online platform.
- His song Party All Night of Akshay Kumar’s movie Boss was the main focus of attention in the controversy in which a lawyer filed a petition for the vulgar word used without the permission of the censor board.
- He has been in controversy with the Punjabi singer and rapper Raftaar over the issue that who will get the credit for the lyrics of the famous hit song ” Yeh Fugly Fugly Kya Hai “.
Singh’s personal life
Honey Singh married his long-living girlfriend Shalini Talwar. She accused the singer of much domestic violence under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. in Delhi court.
Singh’s awards and recognition
- He won PTC Punjabi Best Music Director in 2010 for the song Desi Daroo.
- He won BritAsia TV Music Award for Best International Act in 2012.
- He won Zee Cine Awards for International Icon Male in 2014.
- He won EMA Awards for Bring Me Back in 2013.
- He won UK Asian Music Awards for Best International Album International Villager in 2012.
- In 2013 he won MTV VMAI Awards for Best Indie Artist for his hit song” Brown Rang”.