Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Maharashtra: Interior Design education is the teaching skills and information needed to perform interior design work. Education in this field is offered in different parts of the world; however, the application requirements for acceptance vary among countries and schools. There are several different routes to attain qualifications in interior design. Interior design education will teach people how to draw and plan out space and cover the latest design software and other important coursework that will prepare them for this field of work. This field offers multiple job opportunities such as owning a business and teaching and chances of promotions within established firms.
Top 10 Interior Design Colleges In Maharashtra
In this article, we are going to discuss the top 10 interior design colleges in Maharashtra. This list will categorize these colleges based on their education, campus, fees, infrastructure, facilities, and many more details. Here below is the list of the top 10 interior design colleges in Maharashtra.
No.1 International Institute Of Fashion Design Vashi
Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD) Vashi is one of the centers of the world’s largest network of design institutes, Inter National Institute of Fashion Design. The Institute was established in 2003 in Vashi, Mumbai. Currently, it offers eight different courses in Interior and Fashion Design. There are 12 faculty members, with Interior and Fashion Design both have six faculty members. The Institute is associated with the London School of Trends (LST), New York Fashion Week, and London Fashion Week to provide its students the international exposure. Apart from this, it also collaborates with Lakme Fashion Week, FBB, Fashion Scout, Femina Miss India, Indian Interior Design, and more.
- INIFD organizes activities like Guest lectures, workshops, term garment show, and many more for students to boost their knowledge and creative skills
- INIFD has some famous fashion designers/ celebrities as mentor and guide such as Manish Malhotra, Twinkle Khanna, Ashley Rebello, Sara Corker, Paul Chambers
- Students have the opportunity to showcase their work/ skills for additional exposure at Lakme Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Scout.
- Official Website – https://inifdvashi.com/
No.2 Rashtrasant Tukadogi Maharaj Nagpur University
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University was established by the Government of Central Provinces Education Department in 1923. It is a State University governed by the Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016 (Mah. Act No. VI of 2017). It is the second oldest university in the state of Maharashtra. The University has three Constituent Colleges/Institutions (Law College, Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, and College of Education). It has four faculties: Science and Technology, Commerce and Management, Humanities, and Interdisciplinary Studies. These have 36 departments, and there are 12 other departments and centers.
- The University department and conducted college/Institution buildings are spread over 11 campuses with an overall area of 318 acres.
- University workshop conducts regular training programs in Photography, Painting, Clay modeling, Carpentry, Electronics.
No.3 Cindrebay School of Design
Cindrebay has a peaceful campus with an exclusive building away from the madding crowd and the hustle and bustle of the city. It is the direct result of our quest to provide the best educational environment to our students. To give the friendly and enriching ambiance of a design school, the campus has been set up and organized due to aesthetic and ergonomic demands. The infrastructure acts as a facilitator for the effective delivery of our curriculum.
- Cindrebay School of Design has offered students incredibly innovative approaches to design education since its founding in 2006.
- Continuous Monitoring & Feed Back System! Students are evaluated continuously based on their everyday performance.
No.4 Garware Institute of Career Education and Development
Garware Institute of Career Education and Development (GICED) was established in 1984 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It offers various UG and PG courses, including Bachelor in Retail Management (BRM), BA, BSc, MA, MCom, and MSc, amid others. It has a dual degree policy that allows the students to pursue any one of the institute’s Certificate and PG Diploma courses besides their regular Degree/Diploma simultaneously. Affiliated to Mumbai University, the institute is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC.
- Garware Institute collaborates with other institutes like Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema & Entertainment, International Institute of Sports Management, etc., for academic purposes.
- The institute’s mission is to diversify education to provide not only knowledge but also skills.
No.5 Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
Established in 1989 by the Maharashtra State Legislature, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik (YCMOU) is the fifth-largest Open University in India. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is also a member of various prestigious associations and bodies like the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada to name a few. The University has eight regional centers in Amravati, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Kolhapur, and Nanded.
- The university has international collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning, Canada. Wawasan Open University, Malaysia, The Chartered Management Institute of London, UK, Commonwealth Secretariat, UK
- The university provides free access to e-books of all the programs
- YMCOU uses the latest Information and Communication Technologies and has Global outreach
No.6 International School Of Design
International School of Design, also known as INSD Kandivali, is a private institution located in Kandivali West, Mumbai. The institute is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). INSD has won a national award for the Best Design School in India in 2017. In the same year, the institute was also ranked in the Top 10 Colleges in India by the Higher Education Magazine. Currently, the institute offers degree and diploma courses in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Jewelry Design, Bag Designing, and Accessories Designing.
- The institute organizes several field trips and workshops to broaden its perspective.
- Institute Received National Award as “The Best Design School in India 2017”
No.7 International Institute of Fashion Design, Pune
Producing designers since 2005, the International Institute of Fashion Design, Pune (INIFD) is a well-known fashion institute in India. Twinkle Khanna is the chief mentor for the students of INIFD Pune. INIFD has collaborated with the London School of Trends (LST) to provide international exposure to students. An exclusive one-month residential program is designed for INIFD students at LST to widen their thinking horizons and show them practically. This campus of INIFD is well-equipped with wifi and a computer facility, and separate labs for students to practically design garments.
- NIFD is also associated with the New York Fashion Week and London Fashion Week, and students get an exclusive opportunity to attend these grand events.
- Manish Malhotra has joined hands with INIFD & LST to impart specialized Fashion, education, and training online.
- Twinkle Khanna is the Chief Mentor to the Interior Design students of INIFD Academy of Interiors.
No.8 Amity University, Mumbai
Amity University Mumbai is a part of the amity group that has a campus in India and Abroad. It is a private university established by the Ritnand Balved Education Foundation. Amity University Mumbai has been established under Maharashtra Govt. Act of 2014 of Government of Maharashtra and is recognized by the UGC, AIU, and COA. Amity Mumbai was ranked 49 for MBA/ PGDM by the Times in 2021. Apart from this, the University was also ranked 16 for Mass Communication by The Week in 2020.
- University conducts various guest lectures for the students
- University conducts various national and intentional seminar for the students
No.9 INIFD Andheri
Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD) is a private Fashion Designing Institute. It is one of the centers of the world’s largest network of Design Institute’s Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD). The Institute was established in 2003 in Andheri West, Mumbai. It was awarded as Best Academic Centre of INIFD among 180 centers. The Institute is known for its Advance, Specialisation, and Super Specialisation programs in Interior and Fashion Design. These programs are offered in collaboration with the London School of Trends (LST).
- Institute has collaborations with Fashion Scout, Lakme Fashion Week, Adams Kids London, Decorex International.
- INIFD has some famous fashion designers/ celebrities as mentor and guide such as Manish Malhotra, Twinkle Khanna
No.10 Times And Trends Academy
Times and Trends Academy, Pune is a private institute popularly known as TTA, Pune. It was established in 2005. TTA, Pune is affiliated with Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University. The institute offers diploma and undergraduate programs in Interior Designing, Fashion Designing, Event Management, Animation, Finance and Accounts, Image Makeover, and Jewelry and Accessory Designing. What has also collaborated with ACCA and the City of Oxford, UK, to offer various programs.
- Achieved 97% placement record in the academic year 2016-17
- Academy has an educational tie-up with ACCA to offer a Certificate program in International Financing
- Partnered with Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University to offer B. Sc. in Fashion and Interior Design and vocational courses to student
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q- Which is the best college for interior design in Maharashtra?
A- Inter National Institute of Fashion Design is the best college for interior design studies in Maharashtra.
Q- Which degree is best for interior design?
A- A bachelor’s degree in any subject is generally sufficient to attain an interior designer job, assuming the students take a right design-related courses, the BLS reported.
Q- Is interior designer a good career?
A- To pursue interior design as a career, first and foremost, you must have a creative imagination Interior Design is a very creative profession that asks for original art and practical work. … Thus, it is a good career for creative and accommodative people.