Richest Indian journalist:- Journalism in India is one of the fast-growing career options for youth. Like the other jobs, it also gained attention due to handsome salary packages and other perks that came along with it. It also provides security of jobs to the people in this field. Nowadays it is not just a career in India but the professionals are treated like celebrities by the citizen of India.
Richest Indian journalist
The net worth of India’s richest journalist Arnab Goswami is expected to be approximately around Rs 253 crore with an annual income of Rs 12 crore. He is the man responsible for taking journalism to the global level and got very famous for his saying like ” The nation wants to know”. He is famous as India’s one of the most celebrated journalists. It is also said about him that either you can love him or hate him but you can’t ignore him.
- Arnab Goswami’s full name:- Arnab Ranjan Goswami
- Arnab Goswami’s birthday:- 7 March 1973
- Arnab Goswami’s marital status:- Married to Samyabrata Ray Goswami
- Arnab Goswami’s occupation:- Journalist
- Arnab Goswami’s rears active:- 1995 to present
- Arnab Goswami’s height:- 1.8m
- Arnab Goswami’s favorite food:- Continental food
- Arnab Goswami’s zodiac sign:- Pisces
- Arnab Goswami’s age:- 48 years
- Arnab Goswami’s net worth:- INR 253 crores
- Arnab Goswami’s father’s name:- Manoranjan Goswami
- Arnab Goswami’s mother’s name:- Suprabha Gain Goswami
- Arnab Goswami’s monthly income:- Rs 12 crore
- Arnab Goswami’s first book:- Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge
Arnab Goswami’s early life and Education
Arnab was born to Manoranjan Goswami and Suprabha Gain Goswami in Guwahati on 7 March 1973 in an Assamese family. His father is a retired Colonel in the Indian Army and later an unsuccessful candidate of Bhartiya Janata Party in 1998. He attended different schools during high school because of his father’s profession. So he completed his matric from St Mary’s School in Delhi Cantt. and Senior Secondary education from Kendriya Vidyalaya in Jabalpur Cantt. He completed his graduation in sociology from the prestigious Hindu College of Delhi University and completed his master’s from St. Antony’s College at Oxford University in Social Anthropology. He attended some lectures on International Studies at Sidney Sussex College of Cambridge University in 2000.
Arnab Goswami Career
The Telegraph and NDTV:- Arnab started his career as a journalist in Kolkata with The Telegraph and then later after just one year moved to Delhi to work for NDTV. He also won the Best News anchor award of Asia 2004 by Asian Television Awards for hosting Newsnight. He worked for NDTV for 12 years from 1996 to 2006 and then left the channel to join the newly opened news channel Times Now as editor in chief in 2006. He featured imminent personalities like Parvez Musharraf, Benazir Bhutto, the then UK prime minister Gordon Brown, Afghanistani President Hamid Karzai, the United States former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and he was also the first journalist to interview Narendra Modi the Prime Minister of India in 2014 for the very first time. He resigned from Times Now on November 1, 2016, due to editorial differences and newsroom politics. Arnab joined Republic TV in 2017 as editor in chief and managing director and haven’t seen back since then. His channel Republic has also been compared to the Kerala media for the pro-government affinity and has been called a fake news channel on various occasions.
Arnab Goswami’s Controversies
Goswami is regarded as one of India’s most controversial television personalities on various occasions.
- He has been accused of biased reporting in support of the BJP the ruling party.
- He is also accused of defaming the member of Parliament from Thiruvantanpuram Shashi Tharoor claiming his link in the death of his wife in 2014.
- Several FIR( First Information Reports) have been filed against Arnab due to the use of provoking language and fake information.
- The battle between Arnab Goswami and Uddhav Thackeray as two Republic staff and the taxi driver got arrested on September 8, 2020, for illegally trespassing on CM’s farmhouse.
- Managing director Arnab Goswami was accused of a TRP scam charge sheet which was submitted by Mumbai Police to the Esplanade Metropolitan Magistrate Court on 2021 June 22.
Arnab Goswami awards and achievements
- Arnab Goswami won the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in 2008.
- He was elected as the President of the News Broadcasting Federation, a newly formed federation of 78 channels replacing NBSA( News Broadcasting Standards Authority ).
- Arnab won the ENBA awards for News Television Editor in chief of the year in 2012.
- In 2002 Arnab Goswami also authored his first book Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge a book.
- He was the runner-up of the Asian Television Award as Best anchor award in 2003.
- He won the Assamese of the year award by news lives in 2010.
- Arnab won Society Young Achievers Award for excellence in the field of media in 2007.
Arnab Goswami’s possessions (Richest Indian journalist)
- Arnab owns a house worth Rs 14 crore in Mumbai which he brought in 2009 at Rs 4 crore.
- He owns Mercedez Benz worth Rs 1.4 crore and also a BMW worth Rs 1.4 crore.