Top 10 Beaches In India | Top Ten Indian Beaches | Most Visited Beach: Agonda Beach in Goa is the number 1 most visited beach in India that is clean and attracts tourists across the country. Beaches are a perfect option for holiday destinations. India is surrounded by oceans and has some wonderful beaches that offer everything from beautiful sceneries to solitude. The most famous beaches could be found in Goa which is also a very famous beach destination. Having the longest stretch of coastline is the major reason for India having such a marvellous collection of beaches.
Top 10 Beaches In India | Top Ten Indian Beaches | Most Visited Beach
Juhu Beach, Manori Beach, Alibaug, Kashidbeach, Murud Janjira, etc., are some of the most famous beaches in and around Mumbai. Chennai is also called the beach town of India and has an incredible collection of beaches that provide beautiful sceneries. Marina beach, Mahabalipuram, Kovalam, Poompuhar are some of the most visited beaches of Chennai, which exhibit true beautiful sceneries. In this article, we will read about the top 10 beaches in India.
No 1. AGONDA BEACH-GOA
Agonda beach is an exclusive white sand beach with colourful shacks which give Goanvibes. It is one of the cleanest beaches and is less crowded. This beach attracts tourists because it provides extreme peace to the minds. It has such a cozy, warming, and smoothening vibe that anyone could be attracted to it.
This beach also provides you with beach beds with an umbrella so that you can hang around them. Agonda Beach in Goa is located in Panaji and is 62.7 km from the International Goa airport.
- The most favorable time to visit the beach is during the winter season because the temperature would also be cooperative.
- One can also enjoy water sports here such as jet skiing, surfing and much more. You can enjoy the nightlife, and Silent noise club, Johnnys cool and Gatsbys pub are the some of the parties or pubs which can make your night happening.
- To visit here during winters, it will be more convenient to book your tickets early because that will save you time and save you from any fuss.
- Eat food at various stalls, giving you a variety of tastes, and would be budget-friendly.
- Keep a sweater with you, and then it would be more comfortable to roam the beach during the nights.
No 2. RADHANAGAR BEACH -ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
Radhanagar Beach is one of the famous beaches in India and is covered with white sand. This beach is hugged with coconut trees from all sides and covered with tropical jungle from both sides. This Beach has a full package of serenity, relaxation, peace, which is why tourists are attracted to it.
The blue water, the adequate amount of splashes, and the blue sky can force one to take a dip in the sea. Huts, benches, and chairs are all over the beach so that you can relax and enjoy the breach properly. The distance between Havelock Island and the beach is just 10.8 km.
- Taj Exotica, Dreamland resort, and TSG blue are some of the best hotels to visit over there.
- There is a certain time limit after which you are not allowed to stay on the beach.
- It is not allowed to go inside the beach, and the radius is 50 meters from both sides.
- It has also won the title of the best beach in Asia and 7th best beach in the world.
No 3. CAVELOSSIM BEACH-GOA
This white sanded beach is one of the most visited beaches in India. Cavelossim Beach in Goa is situated between the Arabian Sea and the Salt River. The white Paddy fields in the background perfectly compliment the white sand with adding more beauty to the beach. It is the home of many-colored churches, which is why it’s also called the abode of holy places.
It is the best place for long walks, water sports, dolphin rides, and honeymoon. This destination is away from the crowd and makes you feel relaxed, and you can spend your quality time. This is at a distance of 40 km from the Goa airport.
- If you are a shopping lover, you can’t miss out on the Saga store, which has international brands.
- Food is the best part of this beach, so The Fishermans Wharf, Jazz Inn are some of the best places to eat in Goa.
- To enjoy the beach go for a light suitcase and wear comfy clothes.
No 4. VARKALA BEACH-KERALA
Varkala Beach Kerala is located on the outskirts of the Thiruvananthapuram, a major attraction for tourists because of the pilgrims over there. People mostly visit here for mineral water springs, the theSivagri Mutt, Hill cliff, and an iconic 2000-year-old Vishnu temple. One can also enjoy water sports and nightlife here.
Staying in the villages and waking under the palm trees will make you feel close to nature and help you to reveal its cultural backgrounds. The best time to visit here is between December and March.
- Sunbathing, Windsurfing, watching the sunset are some things you cannot miss out on.
No 5. LIGHT HOUSE BEACH-KERALA
The lighthouse beach situated in Kovalam is also a long stretch of white-coloured sand. The lighthouse is towards the southern end, and we can reach the top of the lighthouse by climbing a total of 142 steps and enjoy beautiful, wonderful serene things which please the eyes. Adventure sports can be done here as well.
- A perfect destination for the couples too and these people can reach here easily. The best time to visit the beach is from October to February.
- This beach is just 10 km away from the Trivandrum International Airport.
- From the top of the lighthouse, you can look at the Poovar and the very famous Beemapalli mosque.
- Places nearby these beaches are Kovalambeach, Hawa beach, and many more.
No 6. MANDREM BEACH-GOA
The scenic beauty of this beach is mainly because of white sand scattering all over, sand-dunes and vegetation. Sunrises and sunsets are something which can’t be missed out here. This place is free from the hustle-bustle of a busy life and away from any crowd.
- There is a small cliff in the northern end separating this beach from the Arambolbeach.
- Adventure sports such as sunset backwater kayaking and ATV are some of the best things to do.
- It is situated at a distance of 52.8 km from the airport.
- The Chaporariver, Sea paradise beach cottage, and mandrem village are some of the best places to visit.
No 7. BAGA BEACH -GOA (Top 10 Beach In India)
Goa had become a famous tourist spot today after the 1960s when the hippies from San Francisco started to gather here. Goa International airport is the closest to this beach at only a distance of 15 km. Baga beach in Goa has a tropical monsoon climate, so it is best to visit here from October to January.
- Parasailing, JetSkii, Banan riding, and Bumper riding are some of the activities not to miss here.
- Nightlife is also so happening.
- Arpora Saturday Night Flea Market is a place where you can buy boutiques, relish street food, and try on the thing from all over the world.
- Don’t forget to carry your sunglasses, hats, moisturizers, and the right footwear.
No 8. CANDOLIM BEACH-GOA (Top 10 Beach In India)
Candolim beach in Goa is located along the stretch of Aguada fort in North goa. You can reach in half an hour from the Goa International Airport. The best time to visit Candolim Beach in Goa is between April to November. Water sports are at their peak on this beach and are something in which you should try your hand. This beach also has a full package of beachside parties, clubs, and wild music, which can enlighten your mood.
- Avoid visiting this beach at the peak season because you may not enjoy the fullest.
- Be aware of the marked red flags, which mean you are restricted to do some water activities and swimming.
No 9. COLA BEACH-GOA (Top 10 Beaches In India)
Cola Beach Goa is a hidden gem surrounded by fine golden sand, dotted with large volcanic boulders and with a backdrop of tall forested hills, making this beach a perfect holiday destination. This beach has such a relaxing and soothing vibe that anyone can fall in love with this place. To reach here is not much easy and this could be the main reason that why it is not able to attract more tourists.
- Sunsets and sunrises should not be missed because, at this time, the only color radiates even more vibrantly.
- Be careful with driving to this beach and choose proper vehicles.
No 10. RISHIKONDA BEACH -ANDHRA PRADESH (Top 10 Beaches In India)
Golden sands and tidy waves are the major attractions of Rishikonda beach. Nature lovers would surely love this place because the scenic view with cool breeze passing over is heart whelming. Water sports are at their peak on this beach like other beaches. You can also try beach volleyball and picnic with your family and friends. Enjoy local food at the stalls, and don’t forget to try the seafood over here.
- This beach is open for 24 hours and has a free entry as well.
- Don’t forget to carry your cameras for capturing beautiful moments.
FAQS (Top 10 Beaches In India)
- Which is the No.1 beach in India?
Agonda beach, located in Goa, is the No.1 beach in India.
- Which is the cleanest beach in India?
Goa is the cleanest beach in India.
- Which beach is big in India?
Marina beach is big in India.
- Which is the highest beach in India?
Light House Beach is the highest beach in India.