Top 10 Richest Politicians In India: Savitri Jindal is the number 1 richest politician who is a leader of Indian National Congress. Although India is not a rich country, we can say its politicians are among the crorepati leaders of India. Politicians are given their jobs after they get elected by the general public and then they serve the nation. Politics is believed to be a game of the rich, but that’s not true. Many of them have been from low strata backgrounds, have also become good leaders.
Top 10 Richest Politicians In India
It is not right to state that politicians become rich after they enter politics instead these leaders make money with their hard work, grit, and determination, before and after politics. In India, from lawyers to actors, royals to business tycoons, many of them are in politics and they are the 10 richest politicians of India.
No. 1 Savitri Jindal
The political affiliation of Savitri Jindal is Indian National Congress and she belongs to the state of Haryana. Savitri Jindal is one of the richest women in India in politicians. In the year 2005, Savitri Jindal was elected to the Haryana State Legislative Assembly from Hisar constituency. She has also served as the Consolidation, the Minister of State for Revenue and Disaster Management, Rehabilitation and Housing, and also the Minister of State for Urban Local Bodies and Housing in the previous Haryana Government.
- Her husband Mr. O.P. Jindal died 15 years ago in a helicopter crash and the Revenue of the Jindal group quadrupled after she became its chairperson in the year 2005.
- The net worth of Savitri Jindal is Rs 46,200 crores.
- Savitri Jindal Twitter Profile – Savitri Jindal Official Twitter Profile
No. 2 Naveen Jindal
The political affiliation of Mr. Naveen Jindal is Indian National Congress and he belongs to Haryana. As a 50-year old man, he presently serves as the Chairman of Jindal Steel and Power Limited and also the Chancellor of O.P. Jindal Global University and he got elected to the 14th and 15th Lok Sabha from the Kurukshetra constituency.
- The Supreme Court passed a landmark judgment on 23rd January 2004, which allows every Indian citizen to fly the National Flag with respect, honor, and dignity, making it a fundamental right and this was because of Mr. Naveen Jindal as he had fought for 7 years-long legal battle to give the people of India their right to hoist the national flag publicly.
- The net worth of Naveen Jindal is Rs 29,650 crores.
No. 3 Mahendra Prasad
The political affiliation of Mahendra Prasad is Janata Dal which is a United Party and he belongs to the state of Bihar. He is of 80 years of age and a billionaire pharma tycoon from Bihar and he made his debut in the year 1980 in Parliament as a Lok Sabha member from the Jehanabad constituency. In Bihar, he is known as ‘King Mahendra’ as he had offered jobs to locals and had started a college to promote higher education among the underprivileged and the poor.
- He loves to travel, deep-sea diving, and enjoys gardening and in the year 2002, he was awarded by Atlantis Submarine in West Indies for diving 173 feet into the Caribbean Sea.
- The net worth of Mahendra Prasad is Rs 13,300 crores.
No. 4 Jyotiraditya Scindia
The political affiliation of Mr. Jyotiraditya Scindia is Bhartiya Janata Party and he belongs to Madhya Pradesh. He had joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in March 2020. As he ended his 18-year-old association with the Congress Party. In the UPA-II government between the years 2009 and 2012, he remained the Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry as well as the Union Minister of State of Power between the years 2012 and 2014.
- On 19th June in the year 2020, he was elected a BJP Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh.
- He had studied his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and belongs to the House of Scindia that once had ruled in Gwalior.
- His residence is in Jai Vilas Mahal which was beautifully built in the year 1874.
- The net worth of Jyotiraditya Scindia is Rs 3,790 crores.
No. 5 Alla Ayodhya Rami Reddy
The political affiliation of Alla Ayodhya Rami Reddy is YSR Congress Party and he belongs to Andhra Pradesh. As an industrialist, he is the 3rd richest Rajya Sabha MP in the country. He is the founder of Ramky Group of Companies and got elected as a member of Rajya Sabha on the ticket of the YSR Congress Party from the Narasaraopet Constituency in the year 2020.
- The net worth of Alla Ayodhya Rami Reddy is Rs 2,577 crores.
No. 6 Jaya Bachchan
The political affiliation of Mrs. Jaya Bachchan is Samajwadi Party and belongs to Uttar Pradesh. She is 72 years of age and she is very well known by everyone. She is also famous for her performances in blockbuster movies like Kora Kagaz, Uphaar, Chupke Chupke, Abhimaan, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Zanjeer, and Sholay.
- She was also awarded by Padma Shri award in the year 1992 and she was also awarded the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in the year 2007.
- The net worth of Jaya Bachchan is Rs 1,001 crores.
No. 7 Priya Krishna
The political affiliation of Priya Krishna is Indian National Congress and he belongs to the state of Karnataka. As a 34-year-old Priya Krishna and a son of former MLA and the Housing Minister M. Krishnappa is also known as one of the youngest members of the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka. At the age of only 25 years, he was elected as an MLA from Bengaluru’s Govindraj Nagar in the year 2009.
- During the 2018 Karnataka Assembly Elections, Mr. Krishna was the richest candidate with a personal wealth of over Rs. 1020 crores.
- He had retained his seat in the year 2013 before losing to the BJP’s V. Somanna in 2018.
No. 8 Abhishek Manu Singhvi
The political affiliation of Mr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi is Indian National Congress and belongs to the state of West Bengal. He is 61 years of age and works as the senior advocate of the Supreme Court and represents West Bengal in the Rajya Sabha and he also serves as a spokesperson for the Congress party. He got graduated from the Harvard University and Mr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi has the unique distinction of being the youngest person as appointed and elected Senior Advocate, Additional Solicitor General of India, and Vice-President, Supreme Court Bar Association.
- He is also an author, a famous columnist, and a commentator and has appeared in several cases that had resulted in landmark decisions.
- Instantly, he had won a case in the Supreme Court and to have the President’s Rule in Uttarakhand revoked in the year 2016.
- The net worth of Abhishek Manu Singhvi is Rs 860 crores.
No. 9 Jayadev Galla
The political affiliation of Mr. Jayadev Galla is Telugu Desam Party and belongs to the state of Andhra Pradesh. He is also the Managing Director of the Amara Raja group in India and it is the company that makes Amaron batteries. He is of 54 years of age and he is famous for initiating a no-confidence motion in the monsoon session in the month of July in the year 2018 against the government of Narendra Modi.
- His attendance in the Lok Sabha has been very impressive which is 84%.
- The net worth of Jayadev Galla is Rs 683 crores.
No. 10 Nakul Nath
Among the Top 10 Richest Politicians In India, the political affiliation of Nakul Nath is Indian National Congress and he belongs to the state of Madhya Pradesh. Nakul Nath is the son of former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Kamal Nath and Chhindwara MP. Nakul Nath is the only leader of the Congress Party and he had survived the Modi wave in the state.
- The net worth of Nakul Nath is Rs 660 crores.
Who is the richest leader in India?
Savitri Jindal is the richest leader in India.
Who is the top politician in India?
Nakul Nath is the top politician in India.
Who is the richest Indian in India?
Abhishek Singhvi is the richest Indian in India.