Top 10 Largest Film Industry In India: Bollywood is the number 1 film industry in India that has been entertaining its fans for years and is one of the largest film industries in India too. India has multiple film industries as there are different states with different languages. Almost every big state has its film industry. The film industry earns a lot of revenue as the entertainment industry is massive. Entertainment is the requirement by all. People watch films repeatedly for fun, for their favorite stars, for music, and much more.
Top 10 Largest Film Industry In India
The film industry shows different types of music, dance, different places around the world. Some of these movies show beautiful scenic views. The first movie that was ever made was a silent movie; then, the sound movie was introduced after that black and white movie. Mughal e Azam was the first movie that was half black and white and half colored. After that, colored movies started coming. We are introducing you to the top 10 largest film industries in India.
No 1. Bollywood
Bollywood is the most famous and largest film industry in the world. It has the largest number of people working in it. Bollywood produces a maximum number of films in a year. Bollywood makes Hindi movies. The main center of Bollywood is Mumbai, a Film city where most of the shootings happen.
Bollywood has given us some amazing superstars and some great movies. It makes 43% of total revenue from Box-office. Raja Harishchandra was the first silent movie that was made in India in 1913. Ardeshir Irani’s Alam Ara was the first sound movie made in 1931, and it was a commercial film that did very well, and it was a major success.
- Main distributors of the Bollywood Film Industry are Fox star studio, Eros International, Yash Raj Films, Zee Studios, Excel Entertainment.
- Major superstars of the Bollywood Film Industry are Amitabh Bachan, Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, etc.
No 2. Tollywood
Tollywood is the 2nd largest film industry in India. Tollywood is known as Telugu Film Industry. The films produced in Tollywood are in the Telugu language. The movie is mainly watched in Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, and Telangana. First, a silent Telugu film was made in 1921, and it was known as Bhishma Pratigna.
Tollywood has Guinness World Record for largest film production word wide. Around 26% of the box office revenue is generated through Tollywood.
- The main distributors of Tollywood are Usha Kiran Movie, Suresh Production, Annapurna Studios, Arka Media Works, Geetha Arts.
- Major super stars are Chiranjeevi, Nandamuri Balakrishna, Ravi Teja, Nithiin and more
No 3. Tamil Film Industry
Tamil Film Industry is Tamil language films. The industry is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Keechaka Vadham was the first silent Tamil film which was made in 1981. It was made by R. Nataraja Mudaliar. Kalidas was the first to sound a movie in the Tamil Film Industry. HM Reddy made it.
- The main distributors of the Tamil Film Industry are AVM production, Lyca Production, Studio Green, 2D Entertainment, Sun pictures.
- Major superstars of Tollywood are Rajnikanth, Ilayathalapathy Vijay, Ajith Kumar, Shruti Hasan, and more.
No 4. Ollywood
Ollywood is one of the largest film industries in India. The films are made in the Odia language. It is based in Cuttack, Odisha. The name given to the industry is a mixture of Odia and Hollywood. In 1936 the ollywood movie started. The first sound movie was Sita Bihaha in 1936, and Mohan Sundar Deb Goswami created it. Ramayan inspired the movie; the plot revolves around the marriage of Ram and Sita.
- Main distributors of the Ollywood Film Industry are Art Pictures Mythri makers, Suresh production, creation 14, and more.
- Major superstars of the Ollywood Film Industry are Bijay Mohanty, Uttam Mohanty, Sritam Das, Akash Ds Nayak, etc.
No 5. Bengali Film Industry
One of the most famous and largest film industries is the Bengali Film Industry that makes Bengali films. One of the best theatre and cinematic films is made in Bengali Industry. The industry makes most parallel and art films. The filmmakers have a great sense of theatre. Many films from the Bengali Industry are internationally known and have won many national awards in India. Around 70-100 movies are made in a year by Bengali Industry.
- The main distributors of the Bengali Film Industry are SVF, Eskay Movies, Eros international, Surinder Films, and Reliance entertainment.
- Major superstars of the Bengali Film Industry are Uttam Kumar, Soumitra Chatterjee, Bhanu Bannerjee, Abhir Chatterjee, etc.
No 6. Marathi Film Industry
Marathi Film Industry makes films in the Marathi language. It is one of the oldest industries in India and a very reputed Industry. Shree Pundalik was the first Marathi movie of the Marathi Film Industry, which Dadasaheb Torne made in 1912 on 18th May. It was made in Coronation Cinematograph. Ayodhyecha Raja was the first sound Marathi movie, which was released in 1932. The Marathi Film Industry is tax-free, and it is growing rapidly.
- Marathi Film Industry Pickle entertainment, Aman entertainment, Zee motion pictures, Golden Plaza, Ujjwala Arts.
- Major superstars of the Marathi Film Industry are Nana Patekar, Mahesh Manjrekar, Ashok Saraf, Sai Tamhankar, Varsha Usgaonkar, etc.
No 7. Bhojpuri Film Industry
The Bhojpuri Film Industry is based in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The industry is also known as Bhojiwood. The industry is worth Rs 2000 crores, and it is still growing at a rapid phase. The industry is loved for its amazing songs and funny movie. The movie is seen in North America, Asia, and Europe.
- Main Distributors of the Bhojpuri Film Industry are Aakash Aryan Films Production, Abhinav Arts, and Adventure Movies.
- Major superstars of the Bhojpuri Film Industry are Antara Biswas, Swati Sen, Manoj Tiwari, Kunal Singh, Vinay Anand, Poonam Dubey, Shubhi Sharma.
No 8. Malayalam Film Industry (Top 10 Largest Film Industry In India)
The Malayalam Film Industry is also known as Mollywood as the language is Malayalam. The industry is based in Kerala, South India. Malayalam Film Industry is small in size, but the industry makes some amazing films. The industry is reorganized in some big platforms worldwide.
- Main Distributors of the Malayalam Film Industry are Anwar Rasheed production, Friday Film House, August cinemas, Playhouse Release.
- Major superstars of the Malayalam Film Industry are Dileep, Jayaram, Mammootty, Mohanlal, Yami Gautam, Priyamani.
No 9. Kannada Film Industry (Top 10 Largest Film Industry In India)
Kannada Film Industry is popularly known as the Sandalwood industry. The movie industry is made in the Kannada language. The industry is based in Bengaluru. They have made almost 100 movies a year. The movies get screened on around 950 screens in Karnataka. Some of these movies are also watched in Germany, Australia, and United States.
- Main Distributors of the Kannada Film Industry are KCN Movies, Mahatma Pictures, Hombale Films, Pushkar Films.
- Major superstars of the Kannada Film Industry are Sudeep, Yash, Shiva Rajkumar, Puneeth Rajkumar, Upendra Rao, etc.
No 10. Punjabi Film Industry (Top 10 Largest Film Industry In India)
Punjabi Film Industry is also known as Pollywood or Punjabi Cinema. The movie is made in the Punjabi language. The movie is seen across Punjab and Lahore. The industry is popular for its funny movie, music. Heer Ranjha is one of the most famous movies from Punjab.
- Main Distributors of the Punjabi Film Industry are Omjee Group, White Hill Production, and Rhythm Boyz Entertainment.
- Major superstars of the Punjabi Film Industry are Diljit Dosanjh, Neeru Bajwa, Sargun Mehta, Gippy Grewal, Mandy Takhar, etc.
- Which film industry is the biggest in India?
The Bollywood movie industry is the biggest in India.
- Which are the top 5 film industries in India?
- Tamil Film Industry
- Bengali Film Industry
- Which is the number 1 film industry in India?
Bollywood Film Industry is the number 1 film industry in India.
- Which is the second-largest film industry in India?
Tollywood is the second-largest film industry in India.