Top 10 Most Expensive Schools In India: Doon School, Dehradun is the number 1 most expensive school in India that provides world-class education and gives the shape to the young minds to develop socially and academically. Every parent dreams that their children should be provided the best education and with the increasing competition and it is very difficult for everyone to decide the best school for their children.
Top 10 Most Expensive Schools In India
Many of the schools are too much expensive which are not to be affordable for everyone especially for an ordinary person to teach their child in these schools. These expensive schools have all sorts of facilities available and these schools are named as the top schools in the country.
No. 1 Doon School, Dehradun
Doon School is located in the middle of the hills in Dehradun in Uttarakhand in India and is only a boys-boarding school. The campus of this school is of 72 acres and was founded in the year 1935. The flora and fauna on the campus of the school and the natural space with fresh air helps the students to live and learn there.
The students of Doon school are engaged in the social activities that develop their personality make it one of the finest schools in India. Doon School is ranked top among the best schools in India. This school shapes its students so that they can face several universities and also prepare for college entrance.
- Many of the famous personalities like actors Ali Fazal and Imad Shah have studied in this school and also some of the politicians like Jyotiraditya Scindia and Rajiv Gandhi.
- The quality of the education of the Doon School is ahead which helps the students to achieve success in their life.
- To enter into the Doon School, the students have to give and pass the entrance test and the interviews during admission.
- The annual fees of Doon School Dehradun are around Rs. 10,25,000/- and the other expenses are around Rs. 25,000/- per term.
No. 2 Scindia School, Gwalior
Scindia school is situated in the historic Gwalior Fort and it is a boys-only boarding school. The Scindia School was founded in the year 1897 by the late Maharaja Madhavrao Scindia and is originally known as The Sardars’ School. The school was started for princes of Royal families and the nobles and was later transformed into a public school.
- To take admission to this school, the Scindia School Aptitude Analysis Test should be cleared, in which the questions based on English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, and Hindi are asked.
- The entrance test is conducted in the months of January and February every year.
- Many famous celebrities like Bollywood stars like Arbaaz Khan, Anurag Kashyap, Mukesh Ambani, and Salman Khan have studied in this school.
- The annual fees of Scindia School is around Rs. 12,00,000.
No. 3 Mayo College, Ajmer
Mayo College is a residential public school which is located in Aravali Hills in Ajmer in Rajasthan and it is a boy-only residential school. This school was founded in the year 1875 by Richard Bourke, 6th Earl of Mayo. The Mayo College is one of the oldest schools in India. The activities included here are squash, Horse Riding and many other sports activities.
- Mayo College also includes 9 hole Golf Course, a Polo ground, and stables that housing 50 horses for Horse Riding, Equestrian, and Polo, and also includes a well-equipped 10m Air Rifle Shooting Range.
- Many actors and directors have studied in this school like Tinnu Anand, Vivek Oberoi, writer Indra Sinha and The Sultan of Oman.
- The fees of Mayo school are Rs. 6,50,000 and the NRI Mayo School fee is Rs. 13,00,000 per annum excluding extra charges.
No. 4 Ecole Mondiale World School, Mumbai
Ecole Mondiale World School, Mumbai has all the modern facilities on its campus. Recognized by IB (International Baccalaureate) Board, it is the best school in Mumbai. The Ecole Mondiale World School is affiliated with the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) for the 10th year through Cambridge International Examinations.
- The fees of Ecole Mondiale World School for class 1st to 10th is around Rs. 9,90,000 and for the classes 11th and 12th is Rs. 10,90,000.
- The permanent address of this school is at Gulmohar Cross Road No. 9, J.V.P.D Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai 400 049 India.
No. 5 Welham Boys’ School, Dehradun
Welham Boys’ School is affiliated with the C.B.S.E Board and the campus is spread over 30 acres of land. This school is a residential boy’s school which is located in the foothills of The Himalayas in Dehradun. For admission in Welham Boys’ School, the students have to give the entrance test for admission, and the ‘Probation Period’ is created for the students in which they are placed, in which the students who did not perform well, their admission is canceled.
- The alumni of Welham Boys’ School include Vikram Seth, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi (Nawab of Pataudi), Zayed Khan, Capt. Amarinder Singh, Sanjay Gandhi, Naveen Patnaik, Rajiv Gandhi, and Mani Shankar Aiyar.
- The fee structure of Welham Boys’ School is around Rs. 5,70,000 with some other charges.
- The permanent address of this school is Welham Boys’ School, 5, Circular Road, Dehradun 248001, Uttarakhand, India.
No. 6 Woodstock School, Mussoorie
The Woodstock School which is situated in Mussoorie is one of the oldest boarding schools in India since the time of Independence. The status of the Christian Minority has been given by this school, and this school also follows the study of the Christian religion. Woodstock school is one of the most expensive schools in India. A minimum of Rs. 16 lakhs are to be paid by the student for reading.
- The campus of the school is spread on 250 acres of land that has the facility of studying as well as living together for students.
- The famous actor Tom Alter studied at Woodstock School.
- The fee structure of Welham Boys’ School for 6th to 10th is around Rs. 16,00,000 while for the classes 10th to 12th is around Rs. 17,65,000.
- The permanent address of this school is Woodstock School, Mussoorie in Uttarakhand, 248179, India.
No. 7 Good Shepherd International School, Ooty
Good Shepherd International School was founded in 1977 and is a full-time residential school situated in Ooty in Nilgiris in Tamil Nadu. The campus of this school covers around 70 acres of land in Nilgiri Hills and it is very famous for providing educational procedures, being ranked top in the Education World India School Ranking. The education provided in Good Shepherd International School is by IB Board, Cambridge Assessment International Education, CISCE.
- The activities included in this school are basketball, cricket, hockey, golf, and many more.
- The fee structure of Good Shepherd International School includes Rs. 6.10-15 lakh.
- The permanent address of this school is Good Shepherd Knowledge Village, M. Palada Post, Ootacamund – 643 004, Tamil Nadu, India.
No. 8 Stonehill International School, Bangalore
Stonehill International School, among the Top 10 Most Expensive Schools In India, is located in Bangalore and is on the way to Kempegowda International Airport. The campus is spread over 34-acre of land. Stonehill Education Foundation operates this school and is a member of the Association of the International Schools in India, the Australian Boarding Schools Association, and the East Asia Regional Council of Schools.
- The fees of Stonehill International School is around Rs. 9,00,000 per annum.
- The permanent address of Stonehill International School is Tarahunise Post, Jala Hobli, Bangalore North 562 157, India.
No. 9 Birla Public School, Pilani
Birla Public School also known as Vidya Niketan is located in Pilani, Rajasthan, India. This school was founded in the year 1944, is divided into three sections named Junior, Middle, and Senior sections. Birla Public School is a boy residential schooL.
- The fee structure of Birla Public School for classes 3rd to 10th is around Rs. 2,89,200 and from the classes 10th to 12th is around Rs. 3,19,200 also with some other expenses.
- The permanent address of Birla Public School is Vidya Niketan Birla Public School, Pilani, 333031, Rajasthan India.
No. 10 Bishop Cotton School, Shimla
Bishop Cotton School is situated in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. Being one of the oldest boarding schools for boys in Asia it was founded by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton in Shimla in 1959. Many of the famous personalities like writer Rasquin Bond, Minister Vibhudra Singh, actor Kumar Gaurav, Lalit Modi, Golfer Jeev, and Milkha Singh have studied in this school.
- The fees of Bishop Cotton School, among the Top 10 Most Expensive Schools In India, for the students are around Rs. 4,10,000 to Rs. 4,80,000.
- The permanent address of Bishop Cotton School is Shimla Bypass, near Khalini, Shimla in Himachal Pradesh 171002 India.
- Which is the No. 1 school in India?
The Doon School in Dehradun is the No. 1 school in India.
- Which is the richest school in India?
Bishop Cotton, Shimla is the richest school in India.
- Which is the most expensive school in India?
Scindia School, Gwalior is the most expensive school in India.
4. Which is the No 1 school in the world?
Stonehill International School, Bangalore is the number 1 school in the world.