Top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen: Virat Kohli, the husband of the Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, is the number 1 best ODI Indian Batsmen who is loved by all the cricket maniacs. Many sports such as basketball and football have gained popularity, but deep down, we know that cricket possesses India’s heart. Most of the betting is also towards cricket. Cricket is being played in every part of the country, mainly in the streets, the most famous stadiums for street players.
Top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen
India’s professional cricket team has some legendary players like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, and many more who have no competition worldwide. The cricket maniacs worship the ODI Batsmen as gods and always watch them playing on televisions or in stadiums across the country. Here is the list of the top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen.
No 1. Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is an Indian cricketer, a famous ODI Indian batsman, and the current captain of the Indian cricket team. When he was 19 years, he made his debut as an ODI for India against Sri Lanka. In 2011 he made his test debut and won the title of ODI specialist by 2013. As a batsman for the Indian Cricket team, it does not take much time to establish himself as a regular in the ODI middle-order, and he was one of the squad members that won the 2011 WorldCup. He is the fastest batsman to score 8000, 9000, 10000, 11000, and 12000 in ODI cricket.
- Virat Kohli has been honoured with many awards, such as Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna – the highest sporting honor, Padma Shri under the sports category, and many more.
- Virat Kohli is one of the richest players and is ranked 66th in the Forbes list of top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world of the year 2020.
- Virat Kohli is married to the Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma, and Virat Kohli has a daughter.
- The net worth of Virat Kohli is 638 crores.
- Virat Kohli cars are Bentley Continental GT, Bentley Flying Spur, Land Rover Vogue, Audi RS 5, and a few more.
- Virat Kohli drinks costly water.
No 2. Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is the best ODI Indian batsman and was born on 24 April 1973 in Mumbai. He has also served as a captain of the Indian National Team. He is one of the legendary batsmen all over the world. He has been given nicknames such as little master, Master Blaster, etc. His biggest achievement is being the highest run-scorer in international cricket. The only player who scored one hundred international centuries, becoming the first batsman to score a double century in one-day cricket, has the record of most runs in both tests and ODI.
- Padma Shri awarded Sachin Tendulkar Master Blaster in 1998 and Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
- Sachin Tendulkar was retired in 2012 at his very own ground of Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Sachin Tendulkar is married to Anjali, a well-known personality, and Sachin Tendulkar, a daughter named Sara Tendulkar.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s net worth is $170 million.
- Sachin Tendulkar owns expensive cars that include mostly BMWs.
No 3. Mohammad Azharuddin
Mohammad Azharuddin is famously known as Azhar among the cricket fraternity. He is one of the most successful Indian captains and played 99 tests and 334 one-day matches. In 2000 his international career came to an end when he was found involved in match-fixing scandals and thus was banned by BCCI for the rest of his life. He has been elected as the president of Hyderabad Cricket Association in September 2019.
- Mohammad Azharuddin married Naureen in 1987 but later got divorced and married actress Sangeeta Bijlani.
- The net worth of Mohammad Azharuddin is around 6 crore.
No 4. MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni was born on 7 July 1982. He was the captain of the Indian National Team from 2007 to 2017 for limited-overs format. He has fulfilled the responsibility of being the captain as under his supervision India won the 2016 Asia Cup, 2011 ICC cricket world cup, and 2013 ICC champions trophy. He is also considered the best wicket-keeper of all time as he was the first one to effect 1000 stumping in ODI cricket. He has scored more than 10000 runs in ODIs in limited over formats.
- MS Dhoni married Sakshi Rawat, who was his schoolmate.
- MS Dhoni became a father as he is blessed with a baby girl named Ziva. MS Dhoni’s net worth is 767 crore.
- MS Dhoni has many cars like Hummer H2, GMC Sierra pick-up truck, Porsche Boxter, Ferrari 500 GTO, Audi Q7, Mahindra Scorpio.
No 5. Sourav Ganguly
Sourav Ganguly is also popularly known as Dada which means elder brother in Bengali. During his playing career, he proved himself as one of the world’s leading batsmen. India has achieved so much in the field of cricket under his captainship. He earned himself the nickname God of the offside because of his elegant stroke play square of the wicket and through the covers. Now he is the current president of the board of control for cricket in India.
- Sourav Ganguly is most remembered for playing a vital role in shaping up a young team as a captain.
- Sourav Ganguly has also been honored by Banga Bibhushan Award by the government of West Bengal.
- Sourav Ganguly married his childhood friend Dona Roy and Sourav Ganguly, a daughter named Sana Ganguly.
- The net worth of Sourav Ganguly is 365 crore.
- Sourav Ganguly cars are BMW G310 GS, Mercedes-Benz CLK 230, BMW 7 Series, Audi Q5.
No 6. Virendra Sehwag
Virendra Shewag is one of the best ODI Indian batsman. He is known as one of the destructive batsmen of all time as he plays very aggressively on the field. In 2009 he became the first Indian player and the first player of any nationality to be honoured by the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the world. He was appointed as the team’s vice-captain under Rahul Dravid, but due to his poor performance, he was replaced by V.V.S.Laxman in 2006.
- Virendra Shewag is married to Aarti Ahlawat.
- Virendra Sehwag’s net worth is 286 crores.
- Virendra Shewag has an expensive car Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
No 7. Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh played his first test match in 2003. In a match against England, he hit consecutive 6 sixes in one over, which Stuart Broad bowled. In the 2011 ICC cricket world cup, he was the man of the tournament and one of the top performers at the 2007 ICC world cup. He was the first player to take a 5 wicket haul and score fifty in the 2011 world cup.
- Yuvraj Singh has been honoured by the Arjuna award, Padma Shri.
- Yuvraj Singh is also among the most expensive players to be sold in the auction for IPLs.
- Yuvraj Singh announced his retirement on 10 June 2019.
- The net worth of Yuvraj Singh is 255 crore.
No 8. Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma is a famous ODI Indian batsman who was born on 30 April 1987. In 2006 he made his debut for India against New Zealand and made India win. His innings of 142 in 123 balls are quite unbeaten against the north zone at the Maharana Bhupal College ground in Udaipur, which brought him to the limelight.
- Rohit Sharma made his highest score of 309, not out in Ranji Trophy against Gujarat.
- After the retirement of Ajit Agarkar, Rohit Sharma was appointed as the team captain of the Ranji Trophy.
- Rohit Sharma’s net worth is 170 crore.
- Rohit Sharma cars are Skoda, Toyota Fortuner, BMW X3, BMW M5 (Formula One Version), Mercedes, Audi, Nissan.
No 9. Rahul Dravid (Top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen)
Rahul Dravid was born on 11 January 1973. He has been the coach of the India Under-19 cricket team from 2016 to 2019. Under his coaching, the team was the winner of the cricket world cup in 2018 and runners-up in 2016. Rahul Dravid was appointed as the head of NCA by the BCCI because of his sound batting techniques. He scored 24177 runs in international cricket, for which he is known as the greatest batsman in the history of India.
- Rahul Dravid was very passionate about cricket since childhood and represented Karnataka in fewer than 15, 17, and 19 levels.
- Rahul Dravid got married to Vijeta Pendharkar on May 4, 2003, and they have two kids.
- Rahul Dravid’s net worth is $40 Million.
- Rahul Dravid’s cars are expensive, and he loves his Porsche 911 Carrera S.
No 10. Shikhar Dhawan (Top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen)
Shikhar Dhawan was born on 5 December 1985. Before making his debut in 2004, he has played for India under 17 and 19 teams. He became the highest run-scorer for India in the 2015 world cup and the fastest Indian to reach 3000 ODI runs. He became the first Indian and sixth batsman to score a century before lunch on the first day of the test against Afghanistan.
- Shikhar Dhawan is married to Ayesha Mukherjee, a boxer and a divorcee with two daughters from the previous marriage.
- Shikhar Dhawan’s net worth is 96 crores.
- Shikhar Dhawan cars are Audi A6, BMW 6 GT, Range Rover Sports.
FAQs (Top 10 Best ODI Indian Batsmen)
- Who is India’s No. 1 batsman?
Virat Kohli is India’s No 1 batsman.
- Who is the No 1 ODI batsman?
Virat Kohli is the No 1 ODI Batsman.
- Who is India’s best ODI batsman?
MS Dhoni is India’s best ODI batsman.
- Who is the best ODI player in India?
Yuvraj Singh is the best ODI player in India.