Top 10 Startups In India: Cred is the number 1 startup in India that is a bill-paying app for credit card and helps you earn while making timely payments. Last year proved that life is full of ups and downs due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which left no country untouched. The time tested the creative minds of the strong entrepreneurs in India. Many dived into business opportunities and tried their hand in it with their ideas. Unfortunately, success wasn’t in the pocket of everyone but the ones who were fortunate; their business prospered like nothing.
Top 10 Startups In India
It has been noticed that India is in support of the establishment of startups since it requires low-cost skilled labour but provides good monetary returns along with opportunities to grow. As a result, India is presently considered the hub of startups. Below mentioned are the top 10 startups in India.
No 1. CRED
CRED was found in 2018. Paying your credit card bill is a task that makes us feel lethargic but knowing that you can pay your credit card bills and for paying your bill, you will be rewarded what is new and exciting. This is what CRED does.
- So what happens is that you pay your credit card bills through this app, and then you earn CRED coins which later helps you earn rewards. So now the question comes to mind of everyone that what kind of rewards we earn?
- The rewards you earn are the CRED coins that can be used to buy any product, get into a contest, or be a part of any workshop.
No 2. Vernacular.ai
Vernacular.ai was founded in 2016. In a short duration, the company in 2020 was able to raise funding of 5.1 million dollars. It is an AI-First SaaS business that aims to become the top voice automation and AI automation global platform. The company offers speech recognition and voice assistant service to the banking, Food and Beverage and Hospitality industries.
- Some changes are obvious to be made to expand the business as done by Vernacular.ai by adopting voice and automation technologies.
- The appointment of Gangadhar Kodandaram as Chief revenue officer (former Microsoft employee) and Ankit Jain as Vice President for product management (Alumnus from Amazon) is announced by the company. The experience of these people will surely help the company to grow.
- The company is making efforts to be the world’s most appealing Voice AI platform. As a result, they are strengthening their workforce and are planning to hire 100 more employees in 2021.
No 3. PharmEasy
PharmEasy is an online medical store and pharmacy in India founded by Dharmil Sheth and Dr Dhaval Shah in 2015. PharmEasy online medical store offers OTC products, diagnostic tests, and medical instruments. The company was started in Mumbai.
- This online pharmacy provides you with every medical product you need, which is sometimes impossible to find in medical stores.
- Undoubtedly, COVID-19 has contributed to its growth. Swiggy and Byju’s are the startups that have the same investors who also has invested in PharmEasy.
- The company is working with the aim to tie up with nearly 1,00,000 pharmacies this year.
No 4. Digit Insurance
Selecting insurance is a task we all find to be quite complicated. Digit Insurance is the way to simplify insurance products. After being able to raise 18 million dollars in 2021, the company entered into the Unicorn club. The company was founded in 2016.
- The company has investors like Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma, who have also invested their $340K.
- People have understood the need and importance of insurance in this pandemic, and hence the pandemic contributed to the company’s growth.
- The name of the Chairman of the company is Kamesh Goyal. The company was started in Bangalore.
- Due to low investment needs and business strategies company earned profits with a high margin.
No 5. Meesho
Meesho is a startup that is aimed at providing a platform for small businesses and homepreneurs. With the help of this digital platform, they can gain many more customers even by sitting at home. The company was founded by young minds ( IIT-Delhi Graduates) in 2016.
- Meesho uses various social media handles likes Instagram and Facebook.
- Presently the company is raising funds of 300 million dollars. The company can link up with 13 million entrepreneurs.
- Facebook is one of the investors of the company.
No 6. Groww
People always wanted to have an app using which they can invest in stocks, ETFs, Mutual funds, IPOs, and more Groww identified this need and created such a platform for the customers. The platform for stocks investment using Groww can be used on mobile applications or the web.
- When a few ex-employees noticed that it is quite a difficult process to do activities related to investing in India, they founded this company in 2016.
- Their realization helped them getting 15 million users of their company at present.
- According to recent reports, the company has raised $83 million till now and has made to get into the Unicorn club.
No 7. Nykaa
To fulfil the requirement of having an online beauty store and a fashion e-commerce platform Nykaa showed up in 2012. The company provided quality and beauty goodies to customers at fair prices. It is amazing to know that in March 2020, the company could raise $25 million is now valued at $1.2 billion.
- The Bollywood divas Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif are the main investors of Nykaa.
- Nykaa has tied up with 55 retail stores and can complete 1.5 products every month.
No 8. Udaan
It is not always that trade between the retailers and the customers should be made easy; sometimes, efforts should be made to ease the e-commerce between businesses, so this was the aim with which Udaan was established in the year 2016. As a result, Udaan is helping to create a link between nearly 25,000 sellers in India.
- COVID-19 has been favourable to Udaan as it fast-tracked the growth of Udaan.
- The digital-led evolution has created many growth opportunities.
- It has also launched a new app, Pickily, which marks its growth.
- At present, Udaan has a wide network inclusive of 3 million users.
No 9. Dream 11 (Top 10 Startups In India)
Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth were the two people who thought of something different and designed the Dream 11 fantasy sports platform founded in 2008 and headquartered in Mumbai. At present, DREAM 11 had 10 crores and even more than that of users in India. DREAM 11 surprisingly was able to raise nearly 400 million dollars even before the beginning of IPL 2021.
- The investors of DREAM 11 are backed by big and popular names like Airbnb and Netflix.
- DREAM 11 is a hit because it successfully understood the need for a game in which people can fulfil their fantasies.
- The journey wasn’t that easy for DREAM 11 as the company hit the mark of 1 million users but took 3 years for that, but later it crossed 3 million marks in just 2 months.
- COVID-19 proved beneficial for DREAM 11 as before the pandemic; they have 75 million users who reached 100 million users.
No 10. Swiggy (Top 10 Startups In India)
Swiggy is the name everyone is well aware of. Swiggy is the business working to satiate our anytime craving for food. Swiggy made things easier for its foodie people. Swiggy has joined hands with nearly 40,000 restaurants. Over time it has become a huge platform for food delivery. Swiggy has extended his services in 27 cities. The headquarters of Swiggy is in Bangalore.
- The Swiggy has given a tough fight to Zomato, which already existed in the market.
- The company initiated with 5 delivery boys and tie-up with a few restaurants but grew with time.
- Today Swiggy has more than 50 million customers.
- In the short duration of 4 years, Swiggy achieved peaks of success. The thing that makes Swiggy unique was the fact that it always remained customer-obsessed.
What are the popular startups in India?
Udaan, Swiggy, Groww, Cred and many more mentioned above are popular start-up in India.
What are the most successful startups in India?
Swiggy and Meesho are the most successful startups in India.
What are the best startups to invest in?
Dream 11 and Nykaa are the best startups to invest in.
What are the latest startups in India?
PharmEasy is the latest startup in India.
Be First to Comment