Top 10 Safest Cars Of India: Mahindra XUV300 is the Number 1 safest car of India to have scored 5 stars from the Global NCAP and has all the necessary and the best features a car must-have. Cars were first considered as a luxury, but it has now become a necessity. But be it yesterday, the present day, or tomorrow, at any day, safety is the necessity and priority of everyone. The Renault Triber is the car model made and sold in India, is tested by vehicle safety watchdog Global New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP), and has scored four-star ratings in the crash tests.
Top 10 Safest Cars Of India
#SaferCarsForIndia is the campaign launched in India to create awareness and make the masses consider the safety provided by the car models. Under this campaign, Global NCAP, in the last few years, successfully conducted over 40 crashes. Various models were tested and have scored from an abysmal zero stars to an awe-inspiring five stars.
We’ve tried to get together the highest scores registered by all models which are tested to date and give you a list of the top 10 safest cars of India that are rated by Global NCAP.
No 1. Mahindra XUV300
The Mahindra XUV300 in early 2020 became the car that turns out to be the third made-in-India vehicle to score a full five stars in the Global NCAP crash tests. It secured the highest score for an Indian vehicle in the Global NCAP tests, racking up 16.42 points for adult occupant protection out of a total of 17.
- Mahindra XUV300 scored 37.44 points out of a potential 49 for child occupant protection.
- As standard, the Mahindra XUV300 offers dual airbags, ABS, disc brakes for all four wheels, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, cornering brake control, along with the front seatbelt, making Mahindra XUV300 the number 1 safest car in India.
No 2. Tata Altroz
The only premium hatchback on sale in India to be rewarded five stars by Global NCAP is The Tata Altroz. Before the Mahindra XUV300’s scores were published, the Tata Altroz had become the second Indian model to be rewarded with a five-star rating in the Global NCAP crash tests.
- Tata’s premium hatchback Tata Altroz also managed a splendid 16.13 points out of the 17 for adult occupant protection and secured 29 points out of the potential 49 for child occupant protection.
- The body shell was scored to be ‘stable’ and proficient in resisting the further load.
- The Tata Altroz, as standard offers packs two airbags, ABS and ISOFIX child seat anchorages.
No 3. Tata Nexon
The first made-in-India model to get a full five stars from Global NCAP is The Tata Nexon. A fact about this model is that when it was first tested, it scored a four-star rating, but the carmakers remodified it to get full scores. The additional feature made was that they fitted it with a seatbelt reminder system as standard.
- It scored 16.06 points out of a potential 17 for adult occupant protection, and it also scored 25 points out of 49 for child occupant protection.
- It offers two airbags and ABS; the Tata Nexon also packs in electronic stability control, traction control, rollover mitigation, along emergency brake assist as standard.
No 4. Mahindra Marazzo
The first and the earliest model of MPV, which scored four stars in Global NCAP’s #SafersCarsForIndia crash tests, was the Mahindra Marazzo. Adult occupant protection scored 12.85 points out of a potential 17, which is the highest AOP score to date secured by a four-star-rated vehicle.
- The Mahindra Marazzo scored an acceptable 22.22 points out of 49 for child occupant protection.
- Two airbags, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts, and the disc brakes for all four wheels are some important safety features provided by the Mahindra Marazzo.
No 5. Volkswagen Polo
The Volkswagen Polo was the car model which was well-reputed as it was the first made-in-India car that scored four stars from Global NCAP. This model is now over a decade old in its current form, but the Volkswagen Polo still maintains itself in India’s list of safest cars.
- The modified model of Volkswagen Polo has two front airbags and ABS.
- Volkswagen is responsible somehow for making two airbags standard across the range.
- In addition to scoring up 12.54 points on adult occupant protection, the Polo also racked three stars (29.91 points) for child occupant protection.
No 6. Mahindra Thar
The second-gen Mahindra Thar is the car model which presently holds the highest score for child occupant protection of all models tested by Global NCAP to date. The second-generation Mahindra Thar additionally got another major image boost when it racked four stars in the Global NCAP crash tests during the end of 2020.
- It has some amazing features worth noting like the three-door 4×4 picked up and many more.
- It is racking up 12.52 points for adult occupant protection; it scored four stars with 41.11 points for child occupant protection which is the highest score for any model Global NCAP has tested.
No 7. Tata Tigor
The Tata Tigor scored soberly on child occupant protection, even though it does not have the ISOFIX child seat mounts. Coincidentally it was on the same day that the Tata Altroz was rewarded a five-star rating; the Tata Tigor, too, got a big change in the way of a four-star rating in the Global NCAP crash tests.
- Undergoing an important modification as part of the BS6 update, the Tata Tigor got a new front-end created to fulfil the new safety needs. The model scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adults occupant protection.
- Its child occupant protection achieved three stars (34.15 points which were also unexpected due to the absence of ISOFIX child seat mounts).
No 8. Tata Tiago
The Tata Tiago is the car model which is considered largely identical to the Tigor. It was rewarded an identical four-star rating in the Global NCAP crash tests. Tata’s entry-level hatchback was most importantly modified as part of a midlife upgrade that spontaneously happened with implementing BS6 emission norms. It also scored the for adult occupant protection as Tigor, which was the same as 12.52 points out of a potential 17.
- The Tata Tiago also gets double airbags and ABS as standard.
- This model of car misses out on ISOFIX child seat anchorages.
- Even after this omission, it has managed to score the same for child occupant protection as Tata Tigor. The score of both models was three stars (34.15 points).
No 9. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is the only model from India’s biggest carmaker. The success of this model is quite evident from the 6 lakh sale of this model since its launch date. It has enjoyed tremendous success. The Vitara Brezza is the first and only Maruti Suzuki model to be rewarded with four stars in the Global NCAP crash tests.
- It scored 12.51 points out of 17 in checking for adult occupant protection and 17.93 points out of 49 in checking for child occupant protection.
- Along with the fabulous looks and score, it has reached the standard by offering two airbags, ABS, ISOFIX child seat anchorages.
- Along with all the features, it provides front seatbelt pretensions.
No 10. Renault Triber
Among India’s top 10 safest cars, The seven-seater Renault Triber, as of 1 June 2021, is only the second MPV sold in India and is the first model from French Carmaker. This car is awarded a four-star rating in the Global NCAP crash tests. On the adult occupant protection front, this car model managed to score up a four-star rating.
- This seven-seat Renault Triber has been awarded a four-star, scoring 11.62 points out of a 17. The Renault Triber was tested in its most usual specification with two airbags and ABS.
- This provides ‘good’ protection to the driver and the front passenger’s head, neck, and knees.
- It has amazingly secured three stars for child occupant protection. It has scored 27 points out of a total of 49 despite missing ISOFIX child seat mounts.
Which is the No 1 safest car in India?
Mahindra XUV300 is the No 1 safest car in India.
Which car brand is safest in India?
Maruti and Tata is the safest car brand in India.
Which is the safest car in India 2021?
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is the safest car in India 2021.