Top 10 Richest Snooker Players In The World 2021: Steve Davis is the world’s highest-paid snooker professional whose dominance of the game waned in the 1990s, and he continued to compete at a high level, winning the 1997 Masters at the age of 39, reaching the final of the 2005 UK Championship at the age of 48, and still ranking in the top 16 at the age of 50 during the 2007–08 season.
You May Click Here To Get Information About → Top 10 Richest Badminton Players In India
Top 10 Richest Snooker Players In The World 2021
Snooker is a game played with a cue. The game was invented in India by British Army officers stationed there. They first performed it in the second half of the nineteenth century, more specifically in the 1870s. It is, however, played on a rectangular table with a green cloth or baize covering. People from all over the world now play this game.
No 1. Steve Davis: 33.7 Million USD
Richest Snooker Player In The World, Steve Davis, OBE, is a former professional snooker player from Plumstead, London. During the 1980s, he dominated the sport, reaching eight World Snooker Championship finals in nine years, winning six world championships, and holding the world number one ranking for seven seasons.
- Steve Davis Wife – Judith Davis
- Steve Davis Highest (Maximum) Break – 147 ( 1982 )
No 2. Stephen Hendry: 32.4 Million USD
With a net worth of 32.4 million dollars, this Scottish man is ranked second in the list of the highest-paid snooker players in the world. He was just 16 years old when he became a pro. He was also the world’s youngest snooker champion. In September 2020, it was announced that Hendry would step out of retirement after accepting and receiving an invitational tour card for the upcoming next two seasons. He made his comeback to a professional snooker competition in arch 2021 at Gibraltar.
- Stephen Hendry Net Worth – 32.4 Million USD
- Stephen Hendry Age – 52 Years
- Stephen Hendry Highest (Maximum) Break – 147 ( 11 Times )
No 3. Dennis Taylor: 23.3 Million USD
Dennis Taylor is seated in the third position. In addition, Taylor works for the BBC as a snooker commentator. He has, however, won two ranking tournaments, including the 1985 World Championship. He has a net worth of 23.2 million dollars. During his snooker playing career, Taylor wore unique and newly designed glasses generated for snooker, often defined as ‘looking upside-down,’ giving him an unusual and different look on the circuit.
- Dennis Taylor Highest (Maximum) Break – 141 ( 1987 Carling Challenge )
- Dennis Taylor Age – 72 Years
No 4. Jimmy White: 19.4 Million USD
Mr. White is a world-class snooker player from the United Kingdom. The People’s Champion is Jimmy’s nickname. The UK Championship, Masters, and Nations Cup are among his non-world championship achievements. The British player, on the other hand, is a two-time World Cup and British Open champion.
- Jimmy White Wife Name – Kelly Singh
- Jimmy White Age – 59 Years
- jimmy white highest (Maximum) break – 147 ( 1992 World Championship )
No 5. Cliff Thorburn: 15.5 Million USD
Cliff Thorburn is ranked fifth on the chart. He is a former professional snooker player from Canada. In 1980, the North American team won the World Championship. He was the first non-British player to win the World Snooker Championship, however! Currently, he holds a total net worth of $15.5 million. This is an estimated figure.
- Cliff Thorburn Wife Name – Barbara
- Cliff Thorburn age – 73 Years
- Cliff Thorburn Highest (Maximum) Break – 147 ( 2 Times )
No 6. Ronnie O’Sullivan: 14.2 Million USD
One of the best snooker players in the World, Ronald Antonio O’Sullivan OBE, from Chigwell, Essex, is an English professional snooker player. With almost winning 20 titles, O’Sullivan is the most successful player in the history of snooker’s Triple Crown Series and championships. Ronnie O’Sullivan is a six-time world champion.
He is also a record seven-time Masters champion and a UK champion with a record of winning 7 times.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan Wife Name – Actress Laila Rouass
- Ronnie O’Sullivan Children – 1. Taylor-Ann Magnus 2. Lily O’Sullivan 3. Ronnie O’Sullivan Jr.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan Age – 45 Years
- Ronnie O’Sullivan Highest (Maximum) Break – 147 ( Record for the fastest Highest break at 5 minutes and 8 seconds )
No 7. John Parrott: 11.6 Million USD
The richest snooker player globally, John Stephen Parrott, MBE, is an English television celebrity and former skilled snooker player. During the late 1980s and early 1990s, he was a familiar face on the professional snooker circuit, and he spent fourteen seasons in the top 16 of the world rankings.
Later that year, he repeated his victory over White to win the 1991 UK Championship, becoming just the third player (after Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry) to win both championships in the same calendar year. He is now one of only six players to have done so.
- John Parrott Wife Name – Karen Parrott
- John Parrott Age – 57 Years
- John Parrott Highest Break – 147 ( 1992 Matchroom League )
No 8. John Higgins: 11.2 Million USD
John Higgins, MBE, is a professional snooker player from Scotland. He has earned a total of 31 ranking titles after turning professional in 1992. John Higgins also has received four World Championships.
Along with that, he has also claimed three UK Championships with two Masters titles. He is one of the famous snooker players in the world who is also enlisted in the richest snooker players on the world list.
- John Higgins wife – Denise Higgins
- John Higgins Age – 46 Years
- John Higgins Highest Break – 147 ( 11 Times )
No 9. Willie Thorne: 10.3 Million USD
William Joseph Thorne, a professional snooker player from England, is 10.3 Million USD. In 1985, he won the Classic, which was his only ranking title.
He also made it to the final of the 1985 UK Championship, where he was defeated 16–14 by Steve Davis after leading 13–8. He was known for his break-building skills, and he was one of the first players to record 100-century breaks.
- Willie Thorne Wife – 1. Fiona Walker 2. Jill Saxby
- Willie Thorne Age – 66 Years
- Willie Thorne Highest Breaks – 147 ( 1987 UK Championship )
No 10. Mark Williams: 9 Million USD
Having the Net Worth of 9 Million USD, Mark James Williams, MBE, is a three-time World Champion in snooker, having won the title in 2000, 2003, and 2018 and one of the highest-paid snooker players in the world. Williams has gained the nickname “The Welsh Potting Machine” for his single-ball long potting ability.
Williams turned pro in 1992 and ended his first season ranked 119th; three years later, for the 1996–97 season, he was ranked in the world’s top 16. After failing to qualify for the 1996 World Championship, he won the Grand Prix, the first ranking event of the new season, 9–5 over surprise finalist Euan Henderson.
- Mark Williams Wife – Joanne Dent
- Mark Williams Age – 46 Years
- Mark Williams Highest Break – 147 ( Twice )
- Who is the best snooker player?
- Ronnie O’ Sullivan is the best snooker player
- Who is the Number 1 snooker player?
- The number 1 snooker player is Steve Davis.
- Who is the richest Snooker player in the world?
- Steve Davis is currently the richest snooker player in the world, with a net worth of a total of 33.7 Million USD.
- Who has won the most titles in snooker?
- Stephen Hendry holds the record for most world titles won in the modern period, with seven victories.
Wrapping Up (Top 10 Richest Snooker Players In The World )
Snooker’s success has resulted in a plethora of variations based on the basic game. The Snooker Shoot-Out, a timed, one-frame competition, is one example of how snooker tournaments have been modified to make them more appropriate for television viewers. All these players have their different approach towards the game.