Top 10 Cardiologists In India: Dr. K.K Talwar is the number 1 cardiologist in India who works at Max Super Speciality Hospital in Saket as a chairman, as the best cardiologist in India. We all work hard to live a healthy and peaceful life, and everyone takes care of the heart, but some people work day and night and make sure that our hearts stay healthy. Yes, they are cardiologists. Cardiologists are the ones who help the people in returning them a healthy heart. They are the real assets of the country. Many of them are also awarded prestigious awards of the country like Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
Top 10 Cardiologists In India
The branch of cardiology includes medical treatment and diagnosis of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, and electrophysiology. Doctors and surgeons who have proficiency in this field of medicine are called cardiologists, internal medicine experts. Various meticulous jobs like the installation of stents and pacemakers are the roles performed by the cardiologists. Here is the list of the Top 10 Cardiologists In India.
No 1. Dr. K.K Talwar
Dr. K.K. Talwar is one of the best cardiologists we have in India. He is a part of the Max Super Speciality Hospital in Saket, playing his role as the Chairman. It was Dr. K.K Talvar who introduced CRT therapy in India in the year 2000. He has been awarded various prestigious awards, including Padma Bhushan in 2006, along with India’s Highest Civilian Award. Also, he has received awards from respected associations like ICMR and other national societies for his contributions to cardiologists.
- He completed his MBBS in Punjab University, Patiala, and higher medical studies in Chandigarh.
- Along with being a Chairman, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, he plays the crucial role of director, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- He holds specialized skills in Implantable Cardioverter & Defibrillator (ICD) Therapy, Radiofrequency Ablation, Cardiac Arrhythmia, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy, Dyslipidemia, Non-Invasive Cardiology.
No 2. Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia
Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia is considered one of India’s most reputed and knowledgeable cardiothoracic surgeons and is regarded among the top 10 cardiologists in India. In cardiology, he has over 30 years of experience and has successfully finished over 5500 cardiovascular surgeries. Dr. Kapadia received his MBBS and MS degrees from the reputed MGM Medical College in Indore. Along with that, he completed his March ( Cardiovascular surgery ) at Vellore’s prestigious Christian Medical College.
- To finish his training in Coronary Bypass Surgery, Heart Transplant, Valve Surgery, Heart Transplant, and Adult Cardiac Surgery and Heart Transplant, he went to France. To complete his pieces of training in Adult Cardiac Surgery and Heart Transplant, he went to the United States.
- Dr. Kapadia has also been presented/awarded the well-reputed Mayor Choix de Chirurgien by the Mayor of Paris, received the gold medal in MCH, and has been nominated in Best Paper in the World Conference of World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Ottawa, Canada.
No 3. Dr. Srinath Vijayasekharan
Dr. Srinath Vijayasekharan is a reputed Cardiac Surgeon with over 22 years of expertise and is also regarded among the top 10 cardiologists in India. Dr. Srinath is a professional in the treatment of coronary artery disease, which means blockage of an artery, valvular insufficiency, blocked valvular stenosis, and congestive heart failure (ineffective heart muscle).
- He is an active member of the Indian Medical Association.
- He has contributed immensely to the treatment of Invasive Cardiac, Cardiac Pacing, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, TOF modifications, and Intra-Arterial Thrombolysis.
- He has completed his studies at the University of Calicut and Cardiothoracic from the DNB board, New Delhi.stronghold
No 4. Dr. Rangasamy Muthusamy
Dr. Rangasamy is an experienced Interventional Cardiologist. He is a well-known and reputed cardiologist who has experience of more than 37 years and is considered among the top 10 cardiologists in India. In his journey in the medical field, he has also conducted independent research in the areas of Atrial Fibrillation, Testosterone in Angina, and Depression after a Heart Attack. He presented his research and findings at both national and international cardiology conferences.
- He completed his MBBS in 1979 in the Madras Medical College, University of Madras, MRCP in the year of 1985 in the Royal College of Physicians of London, MRCP in 1985 in the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, and FRCP in 1996 in the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh.
- He has worked as a Senior Consultant in Rotherham NHS Foundation trust, 2017, and Westminster Healthcare in the year 2019.
No 5. Dr. Suresh Rao KG
Dr. Suresh Rao KG is a reputed cardiac anesthesiologist with over 30 years of expertise and proficiency. His clinical interests are in Cardiac critical care, Heart and lung transplantations, LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device) implantation, ECMO initiation, and many more Dr. Suresh has various research and analysis papers published in well-known and regarded medical journals.
- He is an active member of various reputed associations like the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Anaesthesiologists (IACTA), the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS), and the Paediatric Cardiology Society of India (PCSI).
- He completed his MD, 1992, Kasturba Medical College and MBBS in 1988 in the Government Medical College, Bellary.
- He is a consultant in Fortis Malar Hospital in Chennai.
No 6. Dr. Vivek Jawali
Dr. Vivek Jawali is a well-regarded Cardiologist who has experience of more than 40 years in cardiology. He is a specialized professional surgeon in laparoscopic surgery, cardiac ablation, cardiac catheterization, carotid angioplasty & stenting, coronary angiogram, heart valve replacement, device closure, and various other medical techniques. He has completed more than 18,000 cardiothoracic & vascular surgeries to date.
- Dr. Vivek is the one who performed India’s first beating heart bypass surgery in 1992 and India’s first minimally invasive bypass surgery in 1994.
- Additionally, he is the one who also was the first person to perform Awake cardiac surgery in India in 1999.
- He has won various reputed awards, which include the BC Roy Award for medical excellence.
- He is an active member of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgeons, Medical Council of India.
- Also, he is the Vice President of the Indian Medical Association and IACTS.
No 7. Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty
Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is one of India’s most reputed cardiothoracic surgeons. Dr. Shetty has experience of over 35 years and has Completed over 15,200 heart procedures which included 4900 surgeries which were on children. He has completed his MBBS & MS from the prestigious Kasturba Medical College. Thereafter, he did his FRCS from the West Midlands Cardio-Thoracic Rotation Program between Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry, and East Birmingham Hospital.
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty has finished Asia’s first dynamic cardiomyopathy surgery, employing the chest wall muscle to recreate the weak heart muscle.
- He is also one of the few surgeons globally aware of how to do keyhole heart surgery using a microchip camera.
- Dr. Shetty is considered one of the most skilled specialists globally when it comes to bypass grafting on a beating heart.
- He is also awarded reputed awards like Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan.
No 8. Dr. Pradeep G
Dr. Pradeep G is a well-known Cardiac Surgeon and has experience of more than 8 years of. The doctor has competence in adult valve surgeries, CABGs, aortic surgeries, pediatric procedures. He has been a part of the transplant team and actively managed patients on ECMO. Dr. Pradeep G has a publication in both International as well as national journals.
- Dr. Pradeep G has completed his medical studies at the Stanley Medical College of Chennai.
- He has specialization in Aortic valve surgery, Arrhythmia surgery, Congenital heart surgery, Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, heart transplant, Atherectomy, Bypass Surgery, Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery, and Radiofrequency Ablation.
No 9. Dr. Mohan R
Dr. Mohan R is a well-reputed Cardiac Surgeon with experience of more than 9 years. He has proficiency in adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. The doctor has a stronghold over the surgery of Myocardial infarction (heart attack), Left ventricular aneurysm (stretched heart muscle), Thoracic aortic aneurysm (stretched aorta in the chest), and much more.
Along with being a reputed and famous cardiologist, he is an active member of ESC – European Society of Cardiology, HFA – Member of Heart Failure Association, EAPCI – European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions, and EACPR – European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation.
No 10. Dr. Senthilkumar D
Dr. Senthilkumar D is a very famous and well-reputed cardiac surgeon. He has experience for years in this field. He has proficiency in Aortic valve surgery, Arrhythmia surgery, Congenital heart surgery, Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, and Heart transplant.
- It is considered that he has a special interest in adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery.
- He has a grip over the surgery of Atherectomy, Bypass Surgery, Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery, and Radiofrequency Ablation.
- Along with being a master in his field, he has a national and international journal publication.
Q1. Who is the most famous cardiologist?
Dr. K.K Talwar is the most famous cardiologist.
Q2. Who is the richest cardiologist in India?
Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia is the richest cardiologist in India.
Q3. Which is the best hospital for cardiology?
Apollo is the best hospital for cardiology.
Q4. Which doctor is best for the heart?
All the above-mentioned names are the best for the heart.