Top 10 Biggest Bus Stations In India: Vadodara bus station, Vadodara that was inaugurated by Narendra Modi is the number 1 biggest bus station in India. Buses are still the priority for Indians to travel to or out of cities or states. Buses are locationally favorable more than railways or airways. Also, buses are the option chosen by all the classes of society. Bus tickets are more affordable than train or aircraft tickets. People prefer to travel on buses rather than traveling via air crafts late at night.
Top 10 Biggest Bus Stations In India
Bus travel has been modified in recent years as the government is investing more and more funds for the up-gradation of bus terminus and bus stations across India. The state bodies are also developing new buses regularly and most of the long journey buses are now air-conditioned. As additional feature buses nowadays are offering free Wi-Fi on the journey. In recent times, the government has constructed several bus terminals. Here is the list of the 10 biggest bus station(stand) in India.
No 1. Vadodara Bus Station, Vadodara
In the year of 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Vadodara bus station. Nearly 114 crores were spent in developing the bus station which is a five-story building. Every day the terminal 30000 passengers who travel on 800 buses. The bus terminal has a very spacious commercial complex as it could 400 retail shops.
- Vadodara bus station has a food court along with 22 outlets and a flea market as well.
- Additionally, the government is planning to open a 7 screen PVR and for accommodation a hotel with nearly 100 rooms.
- Having all these features collectively makes the Vadodara bus station the best bus station.
No 2. Kempegowda Bus Station, Bangalore
The Kempegowda bus station is in Bangalore and the other name of the Kempegowda bus station is Majestic Bus Station. It was in the year 1960 that the bus station was first opened. As maintenance of everything is a must so this bus station is also well maintained and it went through various up gradation so as to be up to date.
- Today the Kempegowda bus station handles and makes life easier for its 8 lakh passengers every day.
No 3. Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus, Chennai
Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus, Chennai has 160 platforms. The bus terminal is governed and maintained by CMDA. Additional favorable fact about the bus station is that this station’s route connects to Chennai Metro which makes the life of people much easier here. In the year 2002, the government developed Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus.
- Nearly 32 crore was the budget utilized in the construction of this bus station.
- The station today is capable of handling 2000 buses and 200000 passengers regularly.
No 4. Inter-State Bus Terminals, Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
ISBT Delhi bus terminal in India connects 7 different states to Delhi and is also the largest bus station in terms of area. According to the sources, the bus terminal handles 66 buses on regular basis. Also, it connects 1800 buses every day. The bus terminal is well attached to the metro and a unique thing about this bus station is that once in a week a bus from here leaves for Pakistan.
- This bus station is called a modern bus terminal as it offers various facilities inclusive of Wi-Fi zones, a water plant of RO, a waiting room, and food courts.
- The bus station is fully air-conditioned. The terminal is observed with help of CCTV.
- The water management system here is complementary as well.
No 5. Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, Hyderabad
Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, Hyderabad is the third largest bus station in India in the denomination of area. The other name of the bus station is Imlibun Bus Station. The bus station has 150 platforms. Presently, the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station is governed and maintained by Telangana State Road Transport Corporation. According to the sources, the bus station was opened during the Nizam rule, and later, it was developed further.
- The bus station utilized about Rs 13 crore of government funds for development purposes.
- A unique feature of the station is that it is disabled-friendly.
No 6. Pandit Nehru Bus Station, Vijayawada
Pandit Nehru Bus Station is situated in Vijayawada and it is also governed by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Previously, the station was known as Telugu Satavahana Prayana Pranganam but later the authorities changed the name of the bus station.
- The station was introduced in the year 1990 and today it has nearly 62 platforms.
- What adds more glory to the bus station is The Deccan Queen Bus which is parked just as a showpiece material in the bus station.
No 7. NTR Bus Station, Guntur (Top 10 Biggest Bus Stations In India)
NTR bus station is situated in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh. The bus station offers the passenger who wishes to travel within the city and to those who are willing to travel outside the city. The bus station was well constructed and is even today well maintained by the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. The buses from this terminal cover so many routes also one can easily ply buses for any route as the station has 52 platforms.
- The route which this bus terminal follows can take you to big cities like Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Karnataka.
- For these reaching to these cities, one can find busses in this terminal on regular basis.
- This bus terminal makes life easy for the passengers.
No 8. KSRTC Bus Stand, Hassan (Top 10 Biggest Bus Stations In India)
The KSRTC bus stand is situated in Hassan. Since regular modifications and changes are mandatory, this bus station was reconstructed and reopened in 2010. According to the sources, the station can accommodate nearly 250 buses. Over 34 crores of government were spent on the construction of bus stands.
- The bus station also offers many other facilities for instance at the bus station there is a post office at the bus stand and the washrooms as well.
- It is because of this bus station it has become easier for passengers to travel to and from Hassan.
No 9. Arapalayam Bus Terminus, Madurai
In Madurai, Tamil Nadu, the Arappalayam Bus Terminus is considered to be one of the most significant terminals. The behind its importance is the fact that this terminal has the route which takes you to the big cities like Coimbatore, Tripura, and Dindigul. It is a government-constructed old bus terminal. This bus offers other facilities as well like medical dispensary, florist, two-wheeler parking, and eateries.
- The passengers also need not worry about the accommodation since near the bus stations there are several hotels where passengers can stay with affordable tariffs.
- Presently this bus terminal handles 10 bays with various routes.
No 10. Inter-State Bus Terminals, Anand Vihar, Delhi
We all are well aware of the fact that Delhi is a state with a heavy population, and heavy population indicates the fact that every day huge amount of population travels in and out of Delhi. Roadways, railways, and airways are all overburdened there. To give better infrastructural facilities to the people there, the government came up with a new terminal in the Anand Vihar.
- Riding on this bus will take you to the Delhi Metros which makes the lives of the passengers much easier along with taking a route that covers necessary stops.
- To reach any corner of Delhi, this bus terminal should be an ideal choice.
- The terminal isn’t completely ready, it is being developed and modernized and according to the sources will be ready soon.
Which is the second biggest bus stand in India?
Vadodara bus station, Vadodara is the second biggest bus stand in India.
Which is the second biggest bus stand in Asia?
Kempegowda bus station, Bangalore is the second biggest bus stand in Asia.
Which is the first bus stand in India?
ISBT, Kashmiri Gate is the first bus stand in India.