Top 10 SUV Cars In India: Hyundai Venue is the number 1 SUV Car in India that costs between Rs 6.55 lakhs to Rs 11.15 Lakhs in India and is comfortable XUV cars too. It was observed that previously the domestic customers of Indian vehicles choose a popular vehicle over a utility vehicle. However, recently, there has been a sudden rise in the demand for SUVs in the market. There has been an increase of 21% in the purchase of SUVs. There are various reasons and marketing strategies that are kept in mind to increase the sale of SUVs in India.
Top 10 SUV Cars In India
The navigating capabilities have been updated to work properly even in some of the most challenging terrains. Safety is a priority for all, and hence the safety standards are also revised. If you are planning to buy an SUV, here is the list of the top 10 SUV cars in India that are the best-sold cars in the current Indian market.
No 1. Hyundai Venue
In the first 6 months of its product life, Hyundai sold more than 51,000 units of its brand new SUV, Hyundai Venue. Hyundai Venue was launched in the market in May 2019; this SUV changed the utility vehicle market in India. Hyundai Venue was the SUV model awarded the coveted Indian Car of the Year prize for 2020.
- The ex-showroom price of the Hyundai Venue in Delhi lags between Rs. 6.55 Lakhs and Rs. 11.15 Lakhs for the different Hyundai Venue models.
- If we talk about the Mileage and Engine Cubic Capacity, then the petrol variant gives a 998 CC engine with a fuel regulation of 18.2 km.
- It is available in both variants – Diesel and Petrol. The insurance of Hyundai Venue Car initiates from Rs. 14,015 (excl 18% GST). This is inclusive of a 1-year Own Damage cover.
No 2. KIA Seltos
When thinking about the top 10 SUV cars in India, one cannot miss listing KIA Altos. The Indian customers are highly impressed by the stylish Korean car manufacturer. It was launched in August 2019; the vehicle includes a heads-up display, ventilated seats, and a Bosie sound system. KIA Seltos was the model that won the Viewer’s Choice Car of the Year at the 2020 Autocar Awards. The car with an abundance of utility’s price is dependent on which variant you opt for.
- The showroom price for the Kia Seltos in Delhi is somewhere between Rs. 9.90 lakhs and Rs. 17.35 lakhs.
- The Kia Seltos arrive in three variants regarding the engine cubic capacity – 1353 CC, 1493 CC, and 1497 CC.
- Ranging between 16 and 21 km is the expected mileage of this SUV.
- The insurance cost of Kia Seltos Car is Rs. 47,016 (excl. 18% GST). This insurance covers a 1-year own damage liability; also, it comes with 3 years of third-party liability protection.
No 3. Hyundai Creta
Another amazing model of SUV from Hyundai, the Creta, features a hexagonal style. A touchscreen infotainment display also increases the comfort for you while you are in the driver’s seat. This car also provides a range of safety features, including stability control, safety windows, and impact sensing door unlock technology.
- The Hyundai Creta was the SUV model that won the Indian Car of the Year award in 2016.
- Hyundai Creta sports have a showroom price tag between Rs. 10 lakhs and Rs. 15.70 lakhs in New Delhi.
- Hyundai Creta’s offers various models with three distinct cubic capacities – 1396 CC, 1582 CC, and 1591 CC. The mileage is between 15.29 km and 21.38 km.
- The insurance cost of the Hyundai Creta Car starts from Rs. 40,545 (excl. 18% GST). This is inclusive of a 1-year own damage cover along with 3 years of third-party liability insurance.
No 4. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was launched in the market in the year 2016 and by the Auto Expo. Creation and development of this utility vehicle initiated in 2011. The Vitara Brezza is one of those models which makes sure that the performance matches the reputation of the Maruti Suzuki brand.
Vitara Brezza comes with a starting showroom price of Rs. 7.63 lakhs, while the most premium variant costs Rs. 10.60 Lakhs.
- This car has a considerable engine capacity of 1248 cc.
- The vehicle is capable of giving a mileage of 24 Kmpl.
- Currently, this SUV model is available only as a Diesel variant, but Maruti is expected to introduce a petrol model of this popular car soon.
- Vitara Brezza Car’s insurance cost starts from Rs. 22,057 (excl. 18% GST).
- It covers a 1-year own damage liability and, along with that, 3 years of third-party liability insurance.
No 5. Mahindra XUV300
The Mahindra XUV300 is considered one of the safest India-made vehicles, which has a 5-star safety rating for adult passengers from the Global Car Assessment Program. In Delhi, the car’s ex-showroom price lags between Rs. 8.30 lakhs to around Rs. 12.70 lakhs.
- The car comes in two engine capacity variants, inclusive of 1197 cc and 1497 cc. The expected mileage of the car ranges between 17 and 20 km.
- The Mahindra XUV 300 Car Insurance’s cost starts from Rs. 20,975 (excl. 18% GST).
- The insurance includes a 1-year own damage cover and also 3 years of third-party liability insurance.
No 6. Tata Harrier
Tata Harrier came into the market in January 2019. Still, the Harrier was the first SUV to arrive in the market with the updated Impact 2.0 body design. If anyone buys this SUV model, they will enjoy a range of features, ranging from rear parking sensors, projector headlamps, telescopic adjustable steering, and many more such elegant and impressive features. Tata Harrier was also nominated for the Design of the Year award in the Tech and Auto Awards 2019.
- The price of the base model is Rs. 13.7 lakhs, while the premium model has the price of Rs. 20.25 lakhs.
- To date, only the Diesel variant is offered on the market, but a Petrol model is expected to hit the market soon.
- The Tata Harrier Car has an Insurance cost of Rs. 36,430 (excl. 18% GST).
No 7. Mahindra XUV500
The Mahindra XUV500 is among the first utility vehicles launched in India. This model was launched in 2011; the XUV500 was sold and popularised as the prime vehicle from Mahindra & Mahindra. From introducing this model in the market, the car has gone through several modifications and facelifts to help it give a tough fight to the newer SUVs. The Mahindra XUV500 is one of the most famous SUVs in India and hence was even awarded at the 2012 Golden Steering Wheel Awards with the award of the SUV/UV of the year.
- The price of this model lags between Rs. 12.30 lakhs and Rs. 18.60 lakhs.
- The expected mileage is 15 Kmpl, and the engine capacity of this car varies between 1997cc and 2179cc.
- The base model was available only as a diesel variant, but a petrol model was launched later.
- The Mahindra XUV 500 Car Insurance begins from Rs. 42,124 (excl. 18% GST). It is inclusive of a 1-year own damage cover along with 3 years of third-party liability insurance.
No 8. Tata Nexon
The Tata Nexon SUV was premiered in the year 2017 by the Indian auto manufacturer. The petrol variant arrived in the market with three cylinders, and the diesel models showed up with four 1.5-liter cylinders. In 2018, the Tata Nexon won the SUV of the Year Award in the NDTV Car and Bike Awards.
- The car’s Delhi ex-showroom price lags between Rs. 6.95 lakhs and Rs. 12.70 lakhs.
- The engine capacity is dependent on the various models, with 1198cc and 1497cc being the two varieties.
- The expected mileage of this model ranges between 17 Kmpl and 21 Kmpl.
- The Tata Nexon Car Insurance begins from Rs. 16,326 (excl. 18% GST). It provides insurance from the liabilities for 1 year.
No 9. Jeep Compass
The Jeep Compass belongs to the highly respectable Fiat Chrysler Automobile brand. It is a comfortable, stylish, and safe SUV available in the Indian market fulfilling all the requirements. The price of the base model of the Jeep Compass is Rs. 15.60 la15.60, whereas the premium model costs Rs. 25 lakhs.
- The model holds the capacity of 1368cc for petrol, and the diesel variant is 1956cc.
- The average mileage expected is of this model is around 15-17 kmpl.
- The insurance cost of Jeep Compass Car starts from Rs. 26,434 (excl. 18% GST).
No 10. Toyota Fortuner
Toyota Fortuner was launched in 2009 in India. The Toyota Fortuner has undergone numerous updates and facelifts since then. Various up-gradation and modifications were made, like there was an increase in the luggage space and more adjustable driver seats, making the Fortuner one of the best SUVs in India. This model was a success in sales since 160,000 units in the country between 2009 and 2019.
- The ex-showroom price changes and depends upon the variant selected, with the cost ranging between Rs. 28.18 lakhs and 34.20 lakhs.
FAQs (Top 10 SUV Cars In India)
Q1. Which is the number 1 SUV in India?
Ans. Hyundai Venue is the number 1 SUV in India.
Q2. Which SUV is best in India 2021?
Ans. Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos is best in India 2021.
Q3. Which is the best car in SUV in India?
Ans. Mahindra XUV500 is the best car in SUV in India.
Q4.Which is the best SUV to buy in 2021?
Ans. Tata Nexon is the best XUV to buy in 2021.