Top 10 Playback Singers In India: Monali Thakur is the number 1 playback singer in India who charges Rs 10 to 15 lakhs for 1 song. Singing is an art that relieves our stress and makes us feel happy. People of all age groups be it kids, adults or elderly adore music. The choice of music depends upon the taste of Individuals as some like to listen to Bollywood music, Punjabi music, or the old songs that are evergreen. Music has been entertaining us for ages.
Top 10 Playback Singers In India
The singers play a very important role in the film industry be it Bollywood or Hollywood. As the actors do lip sing in the movie while these singers sing and the songs get recorded. We love their voices and become the fans of those Bollywood playback singers. Here is our list of the top 10 playback singers in India.
No 1. Monali Thakur
Monali Thakur who was born on 3 November 1985, is a singer as well as an actress. The entire family of Monali Thakur is a Bengali musical family. She sings mainly for the Bengali film industry and is a trained salsa, hip-hop, and Bharatnatyam dancer too. Monali Thakur is a proud recipient of various National Awards like the national film awards, Filmfare award, etc.
- The net worth of Monali Thakur is 19 crores.
- She charges 10 to 15 lakhs for each song she sings.
- She has judged various reality shows.
- Some of her popular Cham Cham, Moh Moh Ke Dhaage, Badri ki Dulhaniya, Sawar Loon, and many more.
No 2. Javed Ali
Javed Ali is a popular playback singer who mainly sings for Hindi language movies, mainly Bollywood. Javed Ali has also sung in various languages like Kannada, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, and many more. In 2007 Javed Ali sang Ek din teri rahon mein and lured everyone’s heart and since then he is one of the most adored playback singers. He has been honored with various awards like Screen Award for Best Male Playback, Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Judge, Punjabi Music Best Music Video of a Religious Song (Non–Traditional) Award 2020. Javed Ali is one of the best singers of India in India.
- The net worth of Javed Ali is 13 crores.
- He charges 10-15 lakhs for each song.
- Some of his popular voices are Kun Faya Kun, Tum Tak, Saude Baazi, Arziya, Jashn-E-Bahaara, many more.
No 3. Udit Narayan
Udit Narayan has also ranked in the top 10 Best Indian Singers. He was born on 1st December 1955 in Nepal. His full name is Udit Narayan Jha. He started his journey by singing Nepali songs. Today it is recorded that he has sung more than 30,000 songs in 36 languages. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 2016. The net worth of Udit Narayan is 150 crores.
- He mainly sings for Bollywood in Hindi. He too has sung in various other languages be it Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, etc.
- Udit Narayan is the proud receiver of 4 National Film Awards and 5 Filmfare Awards.
- Entire India loves the voice of Udit Narayan.
- Udit Narayan is one of the most prominent singers of Bollywood.
No 4. Papon
Papon’s real name is Angarag Mahanta and he is a popular Bollywood singer. He is an Assamese but he has proficiency in singing songs in Bengali, Hindi, Mishing, and Punjabi. He inherited his skills from his dad, Khagen Mahanta, who is a popular Assamese singer. He obtained his primary training in Indian Classical Music in Assam.
- He has given his voice to many Hindi movies.
- His earliest music album was Rangphul, a Bihu album. He works in a band name Papon and the East India Company, which is an electric-fusion band, which presented in several parts of India and also overseas.
- Papon has won several honors including three GiMA Awards, two Jack Daniel’s Rock Awards, and a Screen Award.
- The net worth of Papon is 214 crores.
No 5. Sonu Nigam
Sonu Nigam started singing at the age of 4 years. Sonu Nigam commenced his Vocation with Stage performances when he was 19 years old. Later he came to Mumbai with his father to work. He has acquired Music From Classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan. He particularly started singing for T-Series for the albums of Mohammad Rafi’s songs called Memories of Rafi.
- Sonu Nigam began the reality show SARE GA MA PA. His approach went popular and Sonu Nigam got his recognition from this show.
- Sonu Nigam is a popular singer in Bollywood and once judged the Indian idol show.
- He won various awards like Filmfare in 2003-2004, National Film.
- The net worth of Sonu Nigam is 353 crores.
No 6. Vishal Dadlani
Vishal Dadlani is a popular singer, songwriter, composer, and actor. In the year 1994, Vishal completed his graduation with a degree in commerce. He commenced his career in 1994 with his band, named Pentagram, which is in Mumbai. The band acquired three major rock competitions and received large-scale recognition and affection from the public.
- Vishal Dadlani’s Pentagram was the first Indian band that got the opportunity to perform at the Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK.
- We Are Not Listening, and Up was the most beloved albums performed by the band.
- The duo of Vishal-Shekhar got developed in the year 1999 and was a big hit.
- The net worth of Vishal is 55 crores.
No 7. Honey Singh
Hirdesh Singh, famously recognized by the name Honey Singh is an Indian rapper, singer, lyrics editor, and actor. He was born in Punjab on March 15th, 1983. Honey Singh favors singing in Hindi, and Punjabi, more than English. He made his appearance in singing with the film Shakal Pe Mat Jaa. For a song in ‘Mastan’, he was given Rs. 7 million making him one of the most leading paid singers in Bollywood.
- Honey Singh is also a popular Bhangra music composer.
- Some of his brilliant albums are Peshi, The Beat, Surma, and Rebirth.
- He is a winner of various ETC and PTC honors for his singing and music tracks.
- The net worth of Honey Singh is 186 crores.
No 8. Mohit Chauhan
The native place of Mohit Chauhan is Himachal Pradesh’s Sirampur District. He was born on 11th March in 1966. He joined the silk root band in the year 1996. His album named Duba-Duba became very famous. The success of his album got him many opportunities to start his career in Bollywood.
- He has been honored with various awards inclusive of Gemma Award in 2011, the Ifaa award in 2012, the Vijay award in 2013, and the Zeecine Award in 2016.
- The net worth of Mohit Chauhan is 15 crores.
No 9. A.R. Rehman
The birthplace of A.R.Rehman is Chennai, Tamilnadu, and his birth date is 6th January 1967. He also inherited music skills from his father RK Shekhar who was a famous singer and used to sing in Malayalam Film. To improve the skills Rehman took training from Master Dhanraj. From the tender age of 11, Rahman commenced working with his close friend Sivamani in a band, and the name of the band was llaiyaraaja band.
- He is the proud recipient of Padmashree and in 2009 he was honored with Golden Globe for Slumdog Millionaire.
- The net worth of AR Rehman is 178 crores.
No 10. Kumar Sanu
Kumar Sanu is among the Top 10 playback singers in India who is really very talented. The real name of Kumar Sanu is Kedarnath Bhattacharya. His birthplace is West Bengal Kolkata. Kumar Sanu is known for his memorable voice. It was in the year 2009, that he was honored with a prestigious award of India, Padmashree. It is said that Kumar Sanu has inherited his singing skills from his father who was a teacher of classical music.
- Kumar Sanu has given his voice to music and songs of nearly 350 films.
- The net worth of Kumar Sanu is 72. 4 crores.
Who is the best playback singer in India?
Sonu Nigam is the best play back singer in India.
Who is the number 1 singer in India?
Monali Thakur is the number 1 singer in India.
Who is the playback singer of bollywood?
Udit Narayan is the playback singer of bollywood.
How much do play back singers earn in India?
The earning of playback singers in India depend on their fame and the price they charge for each song.