Top 10 Korean Movies | List of Famous Korean Movies: Based on research and study, we have mentioned the Top 10 Korean Movies. These movies are top-rated in the Korean film industry, although in India. We have defined all things carefully like Box office collection, rating, Budget, etc. This list may give you the right opinion for the top Korean movie.
You May Click Here To Get Information About → Top 10 Korean Drama
You May Click Here To Get Information About →Top 10 Korean Actors
You May Click Here To Get Information About →Top 10 Korean Actress
You May Click Here To Get Information About → Top 10 K-Pop Groups in India
Top 10 Korean Movies | List of Famous Korean Movies
In this list, we have mentioned the Top 10 Korean Movies. These movies are blockbusters and nowadays people saw it repeatedly. We have to give rank to these movies according to their Box Office collection, rating, and popularity, all of these qualities should have in these movies.
The parasite is a 2019 South Korean black comedy thriller film. Parasite won a leading four awards at the 92nd Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best International Feature Film. The parasite is the first South Korean film to receive Academy Award recognition and three films to win both the Palme d’Or and the Academy Award for Best Picture. The movie’s plot is the struggling Kim family sees an opportunity when the son starts working for the wealthy Park family. Soon, all of them find a way to work within the same household and start living a parasitic life.
- Director:- Boong Joon-Ho
- Producer:- Moon Yang-Kwon, Bong Joon-ho, Jang Young-hwan, Kwak Sin-Ae.
- Starring:- Song Kang-Ho, Lee Sun-Kyun, Cho Yeo-Jeong, Choi Woo-Shik, Park So-dam, Lee Jung-Eun, Jang Hye-Jin.
- Release Date:- 21 May 2019 (Cannes), 30 May 2019 (South Korea), 8 November 2019 (United States)
- Running Time:- 132 minutes.
- Budget:- ₩17.0 billion(~US$15.5 million).
- Box Office:- $258.8 million.
No.2 Train To Busan
Train To Busan is a 2016 South Korean action horror film. The film set a record as the first Korean film of 2016 to break the audience record of over 10 million theatergoers. The film premiered in the midnight screenings section of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival on 13 May. The movie’s plot is that a chemical leak at a biotech plant causes the start of the zombie apocalypse that rapidly spread across South Korea. Fund manager Seo Seok-woo is a cynical workaholic and divorced father. His daughter Su-an wants to spend her birthday with her mother in Busan.
- Director:- Yeon Sang-Ho.
- Producer:- Lee Dong-ha.
- Starring:- Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-Seok, Jung Yu-Mi, Kim Su-An, Kim Eui-Sung, Choi Wook-Shik, Ahn So-Hee.
- Release Date:- 3 May 2016 (Cannes), 20 July 2016 (South Korea)
- Running Time:- 118 minutes.
- Budget:-$8.5 million.
- Box Office:- $ 98.5 million.
3-iron is a 2004 romantic drama film. The film’s title is derived from a type of golf club used prominently throughout the narrative. 3-iron premiered in competition at the 61st Venice International Film Festival in September 2004. The movie’s plot is Tae-Suk is a lonely drifter who spends his nights in one empty vacation home after another. However, Tae-Suk is not your usual squatter, as the courteous young man always makes sure to show his absence.
- Director:- Kim Ki-Duk.
- Producer:- Kim Ki-Duk.
- Starring:- Lee Seung-Yeon, Jae Hee.
- Release Date:- September 2004 (Venice Film Festival), April 29, 2005 (South Korea)
- Running Time:- 88 minutes.
- Budget:-10 lakhs USD.
- Box Office:- US$3.4 million.
Burning is a 2018 South Korean psychological thriller mystery drama film. It is based on the story “Barn Burning” from The Elephant Vanishes by author Haruki Murakami. The plot depicts a young deliveryman, Jong-Su, who runs into his childhood friend, Hae-mi. They soon meet an enigmatic young man named Ben, who Jong-su becomes suspicious of and believes Hae-mi is in danger. It was selected as the South Korean entry for the best foreign-language film at the 91st Academy Awards.
- Director:- Lee Chang-dong.
- Producer:- Lee Joon-dong, Lee Chang-dong.
- Starring:- Yoh Ah-in, Steven Yeun, Jeon Jong-Seo.
- Release Date:- May 16, 2018 (Cannes), May 17, 2018 (South Korea).
- Running Time:- 148 minutes.
- Budget:-15 lakhs USD.
- Box Office:- US$8.1 million.
No.5 The Host
The Host is a South Korean monster film. The film concerns a monster kidnapping a man’s daughter and his attempt to rescue her. According to the director, his aspiration came from a local article about a deformed fish with an S-shaped spine caught in the Han River. It won several awards, including Best Film at the Asian Film Awards and the Blue Dragon Film Awards. It was released on a record number of screens in its home country on July 27, 2006.
- Director:- Bong Joon-Ho.
- Producer:- Choi Yong-Bae.
- Starring:- Song Kang-Ho, Byun Hee-Bong, Park Hae-il, Bae Doona, Go Ah-Sung.
- Release Date:- July 27, 2006.
- Running Time:- 119 minutes.
- Budget:- US$11 million.
- Box Office:- US$89.4 million.
No.6 Extreme Job
Extreme Job is a 2019 South Korean action comedy film. The film has become a major box office success in South Korea and surpassing 10 million ticket sales in just 15 days. Extreme Job is the second most-viewed film in the South Korean film industry. The movie’s plot is that narcotics detectives work undercover in a chicken joint to bust a gang of organized criminals. Things take an unexpected turn when their new recipe suddenly transforms the run-down restaurant into the hottest eatery in town.
- Director:- Lee Byeong- Heon.
- Producer:- Kim Seong-hwan, Lee Jong-suk, Go Dae-Suk.
- Starring:- Ryu Seung-Ryong, Lee Hanee, Jin Seon-Kyu, Lee Dong- Hwi, Gong Myung.
- Release Date:-January 23, 2019.
- Running Time:- 111 minutes.
- Budget:- US$5.8 million.
- Box Office:- US$120 million.
Oldboy is a South Korean neo-noir action thriller film. It is based on the Japanese manga of the same name written by Garon Tsuchiya. The film follows the story of Oh Dae-Su, Who is imprisoned in a cell that resembles a hotel room for 15 years without knowing the identity of his captor or his motives. When he is finally released, Dae-su finds himself still trapped in a web of conspiracy and violence. The Film won the Grand Prix at the 2004 Cannes film festival.
- Director:- Park Chan-Wook.
- Producer:- Lim Seung-Yong.
- Starring:- Choi Min-Sik, Yoo Ji-Tae, Kang Hye-Jung.
- Release Date:- 21 November 2003.
- Running Time:- 120 minutes.
- Budget:- US$3 million.
- Box Office:- US$15 million.
No.8 The Handmaiden
The Handmaiden is a South Korean erotic psychological thriller film. It is inspired by the 2002 novel Fingersmith by Welsh writer Sarah Water. The Plot of the Movie is that with help from an orphaned pickpocket(Kim Tae-Ri), a Korean con man(Ha Jung-Woo) devises an elaborate plot to seduce and bilk a Japanese woman (Kim Min-Hee) out of her inheritance. The film was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival. At the 71st British Academy Film Awards, The film won the Best Film category, not English.
- Director:- Park Chan-Wook.
- Producer:- Park Chan-wook, Syd Lim.
- Starring:- Kim Min-Hee, Kim Tae-RI, Ha Jung-Woo, Cho Jin-Woong.
- Release Date:- 14 May 2016 (Cannes), 1 June 2016 (South Korea)
- .Running Time:- 145 minutes.
- Budget:- US$8.8 million.
- Box Office:- US$38.6 million.
No.9 A Taxi Driver
A Taxi Driver is a 2017 South Korean historical action drama film. It was selected as the South Korean entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th Academy Awards. The plot of the movie is that, In 1980, a foreign journalist hires a down-on-his-luck taxi driver to take him to Gwangju, South Korea. They soon arrive to find a city under siege by student protesters and the military. It was the second highest-grossing film of 2017 in South Korea.
- Director:- Jang Hoon.
- Producer:-Park Un-Kyoung, Choi Ki-sup.
- Starring:- Song Kang-Ho, Thomas Kretschmann.
- Release Date:- August 2, 2017.
- .Running Time:- 137 minutes.
- Budget:- US$13.8 million.
- Box Office:- US$88.7 million.
No.10 Forgotten (Top 10 Korean Movies)
Forgotten is a South Korean psychological thriller film. The movie’s plot is that when his abducted brothers return, seemingly a different man with no memory of the past 19 days, Jin-Seok chases after the truth behind the mysterious kidnapping. It also earned Best Short and Best Screenplay Awards in the 2017 Gold Movie Awards.
- Director:- Jang Hang-Jun.
- Producer:-Park Joon-sik.
- Starring:- Kang Ha-Neul, Kim Mu-Yeol, Moon Sung-Keun, Na Young-Hee.
- Release Date:- November 29, 2017 (South Korea).
- .Running Time:- 109 minutes.
- Budget:- US$4 million.
- Box Office:- US$9.9 million.
Based on research and study all these Movies comes under the Top 10 Korean Movies. These movies are very famous of all time and popular also. There are some other Korean movies that are very popular but we have not define them in this list like Stell Rain, The Witch, and the call these Korean movies are in trending nowadays but we had not kept in this list.
- Stay connected and stay safe. We will always provide you with some new thoughts and ideas.