Top 10 Electric Cars Under 15 Lakhs In India: Tata Nexon EV that costs somewhat around INR 15 Lakhs, top the list of electric cars that fall under 15 lakhs in India, being available in 3 variants and is a 5 seater electric car. The concept of electric cars has been quite successful in developed countries and now India is also adopting the platform of electric cars to bring improvement in economic stability as it uses the powers generated by solar, wind, hydro, and other biofuel sources.
It also plays an important role in securing public health. Apart from all these benefits, it has a better energy efficiency compared to all other conventional cars.The Top 10 Electric Cars Under 15 Lakhs In India have been mentioned below to make a good choice in your buy.
You May Click Here To Get Information About → Top 10 Electric Cars Under 10 Lakhs In India
Top 10 Electric Cars Under 15 Lakhs In India
No 1. Tata Nexon EV- INR 13.99-15 Lakhs
This model is likely to be the first electric sub-compact SUV in the Indian market. Tata provides three variants of this model – the basic or the base model of Nexon EV that is XM and the top variant Tata Nexon EV XZ Plus LUX which is estimated to be around 15 Lakhs.
The Indian Government has suspended the subsidy scheme that was offered on the Tata Nexon EV. Lastly, the Nexon EV is having a 5-seater layout.
- The model uses Tata’s Ziptron EV powertrain technology which features a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery with a claimed range of 312km.
- The battery of this car can be charged from 0-80 percent within one hour. Corner stability control, dual front airbags, and ISOFIX child seat anchors are the safety features provided in the car.
- The car is also provided with a semi-digital instrument cluster with a 7-inch TFT display, auto headlamps, auto ac, a sunroof, a 7.0-inch touch screen infotainment system, and connected car technology.
No 2. Tata Altroz EV- INR 14 Lakhs
Tata Motors launched the brand new and fresh Altroz EV at the Auto Expo 2020. The model has been launched and the price is Rs 14 lakhs which is close to the Tata Nexon EV and the Mahindra XUV300 EV. It is one of the best electric cars to buy from the list of top 10 electric cars under 15 Lakhs.
- The model features a battery pack with close to 30kWh capacity that will be offering a range of about 300 km on a single charge.
- The car has a semi-digital instrument cluster, auto AC, and connected car technology.
- At the time of launch, it will be probably the only premium electric hatchback car available in the market.
No 3. Tata Sierra- INR 14 Lakhs
Tata has launched the new idea Sierra electric at the Auto Expo 2020. The Sierra EV Concept focuses on the development of the IMPACT 2.0 design language so that the model looks sharper as it can reflect the contemporary expression of Tata Motors’ design.
The model is a 4.1 meter SUV and the third vehicle is based on the brand new ‘Agile Light Flexible Advanced’ (ALFA) Architecture and is a full EV. The Tata Sierra price has been estimated to be near 14 lakhs.
- The Tata Sierra EV will be featuring a developed version of the Ziptron EV powertrain ranging around 400km on a single charge.
- The model also comes up with lots of outstanding technologies like LED headlamps and tail lamps, black cladding along its bottom edge, and dual-tone alloy wheels.
No 4. Mahindra E Verito- INR 10 Lakhs
Mahindra has launched the E-Verito sedan D6 variant at a rate of Rs 10 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The car was mainly launched for Mahindra’s slow-selling Verito sedan that is offered with a 1.5-liter diesel engine. Like the e2o, the E-Verito also runs on electricity.
- This car gets power from a 3-phase 72V electric motor that generates 41PS of power and 91Nm of torque.
- This car has promised a range of 110km (e2o = 120km), with a top speed rate of 86 kmph.
No 5. Mahindra E Supro- INR 11.45 Lakhs
Mahindra produced E Supro, it is stylish and spacious which in whole is a new concept of cargo shipping and human movement.
It is an advanced electric Cargo van that reduces emissions down to zero, and then to complete zero. The current Mahindra E Supro price is 11.45 lakh.
- The battery pack rating of this van is 200Ah, the electric motor is 3-Ph AC Induction, maximum power of 25Kw @3000 rpm, and a maximum torque of 90Nm @1500rpm.
- The front brake of the car is a hydraulic disc and the rear is a hydraulic drum. The top speed is 60 and the charging time is 8 hours 30 minutes.
No 6. Mahindra EXUV 300- INR 13-15 Lakhs
Mahindra kept on working to expand its variants in India, and a few electric vehicles are at the top as well. The Mahindra XUV 300 electric (or eXUV300) was released at the 2020 Auto Expo and will be priced as high as Tata Nexon EV when it launches, expected to begin at Rs. 13 lakh, going up to Rs. 15 lakh.
- Much of the features are not yet revealed, but the specs of the car are hidden at the moment, but the driving range was confirmed by Mahesh Babu, MD, and CEO, Mahindra Electric, to be almost 375 km.
- Reports also suggest that an entry-level version with a lower driving range will also release, focusing on the urban buyers.
No 7. Tata HBX Electric- INR 10 Lakhs
Tata HBX will get launched in the Indian market by mid-2021 and is expected to debut by the end of 2021. The Tata HBX is anticipated to be priced from Rs. 5.5 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh and the electric HBX will be priced at a significant premium over it, starting around Rs. 10 lakh.
If Tata act right, HBX will turn out to be tremendously admired or popular in India, mainly because of its price.
- Tata HBX EV is the first electric car having a Ziptron powertrain. The connect technology includes 35 highly advanced car features that provide us great driving experience.
- The range may go up to 250 km and it also provides fast charging and regular charging at-home options.
No 8. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R EV- INR 12 Lakhs
Wagon R EV will be launched in India next year as the company is busy testing the JDM-spec model of Wagon R EV for testing the battery pack in different climates and altitudes, which will be used for development.
The company has not generated any type of specifications or features regarding the Wagon R and it is expected to come with DC fast charge, which is a big USP. It could be priced around Rs. 12 lakh (ex-showroom) as predicted by the recent reports.
- As the car has not yet launched multiple features are still hidden, but the upcoming Maruti Wagon R EV will be featuring a standard AC charger that will take 7hr to replenish the battery pack.
- It is expected that the DC fast-charging will juice up the battery to around 80 percent in under an hour. The driving range of the car will be around 130km as expected.
No 9. Kia Soul EV- INR 10 Lakhs
The Kia Soul EV, also known as the Kia e-Soul, is an electric subcompact crossover SUV produced by Kia priced at around 10 Lakhs. In May 2014, the 1st generation of the car started to deliver in South Korea, In July European sales began, and during October 2014 in the US.
The model is having a boxy silhouette featuring Kia’s signature tiger-nose grille in front which houses the charging port. The rear is highlighted by a huge private glass on the rear windshield and LED tail lamps.
- The Kia Soul EV gets an electric motor having a maximum power of 110bhp against top torque of about 285Nm.
- Reports show that the model offers an impressive range of 250km on a single charge. The top speed of the car is 145km/h which is only possible for the 30kWh Li-polymer battery.
No 10. Renault Kwid EV (Top 10 Electric Cars Under 15 Lakhs In India)
Renault is working very hard to bring the all-electric Kwid EV to India. The car is already being sold in China and the Indian version will be the same with no difference in the specification and is expected to be priced at 8 to 10 Lakhs.
The Kwid EV is expected to have a range of over 200km, and Renault could also launch a version, with a slightly larger battery offering more range.
- The model will be featuring a 26kWh battery pack that will be driving a range of the near-45hp electric motor. The ground clearance will be altered in the Indian version.
- The model is having a top speed of 105kmph. It also provides fast charging capabilities.
- Which Electric Car is best in India under 15 lakhs?
Tata Nexon is the best electric car in India under 15 Lakhs.
- Which is the best Electric car in India?
Tata Nexon EV is probably the best electric car with advanced technologies and easy access compared to the other electric cars.
- Which is the best small electric car in India?
Mahindra e2o plus can be considered to be the best small electric car.
- Which car should I buy for under 13 lakhs?
Tata Tigor EV will probably be the best electric car to be purchased under 13 lakhs.