Top 10 Choreographers in India: Choreographer definition, a person who creates dance compositions and plans to arrange dance movements and patterns for dances. It creates original dance acts and steps to form new interpretations. They teach and direct performers in movies, theatre, and reality shows.
Top 10 Choreographers in India
In this article, we will discuss the top choreographers in India, which are based on their skills, experience, and many more. As we have many choreographers in India, we will select the top ones. So, here is the list below of the top choreographers.
No.1 Saroj Khan
She ranks as India’s no. 1 Choreographer. Saroj Khan started her career as a child background dancer at 3 in the movie “Nazrana.” The best of her dance piece was in the song ” Yeh Ishq Haye” from Jab We Met movie and ” Dola re Dola” from Devdas. She was best known for dance for Mujra and the first woman choreographer in Bollywood.
- With a career spanning over forty years, she choreographed more than 3000 songs.
- She was judging the dance reality show Nachle Ve.
No.2 Prabhu Deva
He is the Indian rendition of. In his 25 years of professional range, Prabhu Deva has worked with practically every one of the entertainers in Bollywood and has given us different moving styles. Choreographer, artist, entertainer, maker, and chief, Prabhu Deva has been regarded with two National Film Award for Best Choreography in Lakshaya (2004) and Varsham (2004).
- The melody ‘Hamma’ is one such illustration of Prabhu Deva’s extraordinary moving style.
- He has performed and designed a wide range of dancing styles and has garnered two national film awards for best choreography.
No.3 Vaibhavi Merchant
An amazing little girl of well-known choreographer B.Hiralal Ji, Vaibhavi Merchant, demonstrated her ability with her absolute first tune, ‘Dholi Taro Dhol Baje’ in the film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and continued winning National Film Award for Best Choreography for the equivalent. A portion of her best works incorporates Kajra re (Bunty Aur Bubbly), O Re Chori (Lagaan), Devdas, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Band Baja Baaraat, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Bodyguard, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, and some more.
- Her movement will likewise be found in the forthcoming flick Fan.
- Awarded by National film award for best choreography, Guild award for best choreography, and many more.
No.4 Shiamak Davar
Known as the Guru of contemporary dance, Shiamak Davar carried the idea of contemporary jazz to India. He changed the dance style in Bollywood. He won the President’s National Award in the movement for his work in Dil Toh Pagal Hai. His work isn’t simply restricted to India, the choreographer for the Hollywood film Mission Impossible 4.
- Uber stars Shahid Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, and Sushant Singh Rajput were the understudies in Shiamak Davar Dance Academy.
- He was the Director of Choreographer for the Commonwealth Games Melbourne and Delhi.
No.5 Remo D’Souza
Artist, choreographer, chief, and entertainer Remo D’Souza is the most famous master of hip-jump. He is an Indian Choreographer, actor, and film director. He has not just added to Bollywood in films like Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, London Dreams, Rang De Basanti, Krrish 3, and other entertainment worlds, chiefly Bengali film.
- He has won several awards and also choreographed so many songs.
- He also judged so many dance reality shows like Dance India Dance, Jhalak Dikh La Jaa, and many more.
No.6 Terence Lewis
Another known contemporary and jazz choreographer, Terrence Lewis, has been the adjudicator of many dance shows in Indian T.V. Choreographer films like Lagaan, Jhankar Beats, Naach, etc. Terrence was respected with the 2002 American Choreography Award for his work in the film ‘Lagaan.’
- He is an Indian Dancer and choreographer, specializing and judge in the reality dancer series Dance India Dance seasons 1,2 and 3.
- And also he runs his own dance company.
No.7 Ganesh Hegde
He skilled Bollywood the idea of thing tunes and young ladies with melodies like Khallas, Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo, and Mast Mahul Mein Jeene De. This enchanting choreographer isn’t just a decent artist yet additionally a decent vocalist. He is also an Indian singer, performer, video director, and Bollywood choreographer.
- He has also done so many reality shows.
- Hegde has also sung the rap Kaun Banega Crorepati promo song ‘Ek Sawaal Ka Sawaal hai’.
No.8 Ganesh Acharya (Top 10 Choreographers in India)
Well, somebody has accurately cited ‘Never pass judgment flippantly.’ Ganesh Acharya, who looks very hefty actually, is one of the best dance choreographers in India. The melody ‘Chikni Chameli’ in which Katrina sizzles us with her latkas-jhatkas is arranged by nobody else except for our special Ganesh Acharya.
- He sacked the Filmfare Award for Best Choreography for the melody ‘Beedi Jale’ from Omkara.
- National Film Award for Best Choreography for the tune ‘Masthon Ka Jun’ from Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
No.9 Ahmed Khan (Top 10 Choreographers in India)
An Indian choreographer, producer, director, and writer. He began as a young entertainer in Bollywood with the film Mr. India and is all prepared to show up in the continuation of Mr. India 2. He made us groove with his work in films like Rangeela, Taal, Ghajini, and Kick. After a period of acting, he has moved into film choreography.
- As well as writing, producing, and directing various Bollywood projects.
- He is also on the panel of the reality show Nach Baliye 9 on star plus in 2019.
No.10 Farah Khan (Top 10 Choreographers in India)
Well, Farah has arranged for more than many movies. She began with the film Jo Jeeta Woh Sikander and has won six Filmfare Award for Best Choreography for melodies Dhol Bajne Laga, Chhaiya, Ek Pal Ka Jeena, Woh Ladki Hai Khan, Idhar Chala Main Udhar Chala, and Sheela ki Jawani. The tune Idhar Chala Main Udhar Chala additionally sacked her National Award for Best Choreography.
- Farah Khan has choreographed dance routines for more than a hundred songs in over 80 Hindi films.
- She won the competition for Indian entry to the “World Dance Championship” in 1986.
FAQ~(Frequently Asked Question) Top 10 choreographers in India
Q-Who holds the first rank in the category of top choreographer?
A- Saroj khan holds the first rank, as she is the queen of the mujra dance. And also, she choreographed more than 3000 songs.
Q- What skills does a choreographer need?
A- You’ll need a high level of dancing ability and good teaching and communication skills. Patience, Stamina, and concentration will help you work with a range of people and support them to learn new dance skills.
Q- Is it hard to be a choreographer?
- A- Having more dancers allows you to create intricate shapes and do more lifts. At the same time, you are one person, and choreographing for a large group can be extremely difficult unless you have an army of people ready to try out the movement.