Top 10 Best Airlines In India: Indigo Airline is the number 1 best Airline in India that provides the most comfortable boarding and travel to the carriers. India has a rising market for the airline market with a notable increase in the number of air passengers traveling for both holiday or trade plans. The increasing traffic issues in a healthy contest between various airlines with each of the airlines working to upgrade its service, connectivity, preparation, charges, and in-flight assistance as well to take a bigger share of the market and named as the best airlines.
Top 10 Best Airlines In India
The airlines in India are the fast-growing business in India of the Civil Aviation. India’s domestic airline market has been the third-largest in the world as it is a vast business that provides superior services to the passengers that board in the planes. Below mentioned is the list of the 10 best airlines in India.
No 1. IndiGo Airline
Indigo Airline is the number 1 Best airline in India. This is an Indian economical airline that has its hub in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. Indigo Airline was established in 2006 as a private company by Rahul Bhatia of InterGlobe Enterprises and Rakesh Gangwal, a United States-based Indian.
- Indigo Airline took the travail of its 1st aircraft in July 2006 and initiated operations a month later in 2016.
- The Indigo Airline grew as the largest Indian carrier according to the passenger market share in 2012.
- The Indigo Airline proceeded to Limited in November 2015 and issue shares to the public.
No 2. Air India
Air India the national transporter of India has its hub in New Delhi. The airline was established by J. R. D. Tata as Tata Airlines in the year 1932. After the Second World War, it converted into a public limited company and was then named Air India currently. Air India Airlines is admitted by Air India Limited, a government-owned business.
- Air India at present, is the largest International transporter in India, holding 18.6% of the market share.
- The Air India airline serves 103 destinations with international flights to 45 cities in 31 countries and domestic flights to 58 cities.
No 3. Vistara Airline
Vistara Airline was established in 2013 as a joint enterprise between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines, Tata SIA Airlines Limited. Vistara Airline works as an Indian full-service carrier and has its hub in Gurgaon. The airline has commenced its work on 9 January 2015 with its first flight between Delhi and Mumbai.
- The Vistara Airline has possessed a safe journey of more than 20 Lakhs passengers and has achieved a 4% share of the national carrier market to date.
- Presently, Vistara Airline offers 33 destinations inclusive of 4 international destinations and owns a fleet of Airbus A320 and Boeing 737-800NG aircraft.
No 4. SpiceJet
Spicejet is an economical airline that has its hub in Gurgaon, India. The Spicejet was founded as air taxi provider ModiLuft in the year 1994, and later in 2004 Indian businessperson Ajay Singh took this and renamed this Spicejet. Spicejet commenced its operation in May 2005. Spicejet is the second-largest airline in India considering the number of passengers carried. Spicejet got 13.6% of the market share in the number of passengers.
- The airline owns a fleet of Boeing 737 and Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft and manages an average of 630 daily flights to 64 stops, including 52 Indian and 12 international destinations, the preponderance of its flights are managed from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Hyderabad
No 5. Air India Express
Air India Express is an Indian economical airline that has its hub in Kochi, Kerala. The airline is administered by Air India Express Limited (AIEL), a fully-owned subsidiary of India’s national carrier Air India.
Air India Express manages around 649 flights per week to 33 addresses inclusive of some major areas of the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
- The Air India Express boards around 4.3 million passengers every year.
- There is a fleet of 25 Boeing 737-800 aircraft owned by the airlines.
No 6. AirAsia India
AirAsia India is an Indian economical carrier having its hubs in Bangalore, India. Air Asia rises as a joint undertaking with Tata Sons and Air Asia Berhad. In collaborated venture, Tata Sons holds an 87% stake in the airline, and AirAsia Investment Limited (Malaysia) holds the remaining 13% stake. AirAsia India initiated operations on 12 June 2014 with Bangalore as its primary headquarters.
- AirAsia India is the 4th largest economic carrier in India, after IndiGo, SpiceJet, and GoAir.
- AirAsia achieved a market share of 5% in the financial year 2019.
- AirAsia India serves over 200 daily flights joining 21 destinations across India and has a fleet of Airbus A320-200 aircraft.
No 7. GoAir Airline
GoAir had obtained the rank of number four but has now moved down to number seven in the list of Best Airlines in India. The GoAir airline was established by Indian industrialist, Jeh Wadiain in Nov 2005. GoAir is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Wadia Group. GoAir has initiated its operations in November 2005. It happened in the financial year 2019 that GoAir got 9% of the market share.
- GoAir has managed a flotilla of Airbus A320 aircraft configured as all marketplaces.
- GoAir offers a total of 38 destinations inclusive of 27 domestic and 11 international destinations with more than 325 flights every day.
- GoAir has its centers in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Kannur.
No 8. Alliance Air
Alliance Air is a domestic airline of India and a fully-owned subsidiary of Air India Airlines. Alliance Air was established in the year 1996 and particularly operates on regional routes as part of the government’s Regional Connectivity Scheme (UDAN Scheme). Alliance Air flies to 64 destinations.
- Alliance Air controls regional service in India utilizing its hubs in famous cities like Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Alliance Air works on 18 ATR 72-600 and 2 ATR 42-320.
No 9. TruJet Airline
TruJet Airline was established in March 2013 but the operations began in July 2015 and is an Indian regional airline. TruJet was developed to offer low price connectivity between Tier-2 cities from its hub based at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
- Talking about the present situation TruJet flies to 27 domestic sectors and has aircraft including 3 ATR 72-500 and 2 ATR 72-600.
No 10. Star Air Airline
Among the Top 10 Best Airlines In India, Star Air Airline was set up in the year 2017 but was started in the year 2019 under its hub which is situated at Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore, Karnataka. Star Air Airline initiated the operations, by providing the flights within Karnataka state as well as to the nearby states like Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat under the Central Government’s UDAN scheme.
- Presently, the Star Air Airline flies to 6 domestic locations all within India, with its hub at Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore.
- Star Air owns two Embraer ERJ-145s all the aircraft are well-equipped with 50 seats.
Which is the best airline to travel in India?
IndiGo Airline is the Best Airline to travel to in India.
Which is the safest airline in India?
AirAsia is the safest airline in India.
Which is the richest airline in India?
Alliance Airline is the richest airline in India.
Which is the best airline in India in 2021?
TruJet Airline is the best airline in India in 2021.