Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India: Pursuing an MBA after graduation is a choice of many students every year. MBA is a professional course that has been regarded as a prestigious one that can boost your career by landing you in a reputed MNCs. Though, it would be best if you did MBA from a reputed college.
Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India
Top B-schools are offering PGDM that is equivalent to MBA. So, here a list is being provided of the top 10 Private MBA/PGDM colleges in India. This will help you to select the right college which is the first step towards building your career.
XLRI is a private B-school that the Society of Jesus manages. It was set up in the year 1987. The motto of the institute is “Excellence and Integrity.” XLRI offers a PGDM, which is equivalent to the MBA program. This is the best private college for a master’s in management. The institute conducts a student exchange program to foster global learning among the students. For this purpose, they have a tie-up with 22 top business schools in the world. The institute has a campus of 19.77 acres. The institute has good infrastructural facilities in terms of a library with a large collection of books (more than 72,000) and other resources, hostel facility, sports complex, AC classrooms, Auditorium, and other basic amenities. Admission to the PGDM program is based on XAT, and GMAT test scores are essentially required. The institute is offering 100% placements. A piece of noteworthy information is provided as under:
- Accreditation: AACSB, AMBA, NBA, and NIRF.
- Average Package: 30 LPA
- Highest Package: 50 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: KPMG, Deloitte, Sun Pharma, Reliance Industries.
- Course Fees: 23.60 L (₹)
MDI, Gurgaon (Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India)
Management Development Institute, Gurgaon is one of the top 10 management colleges according to NIRF Rankings. It is offering a PGDM program in different specializations like HR and IB. To take admission, you must have a valid CAT Score for shortlisting followed by GD and PI. The college has well-equipped classrooms, a resource center, a computer center, and a hostel facility. Few details are as under.
- Accreditation: AICTE, NBA, and NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 23.15 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 44 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Nestle, Coca-Cola, Axis Bank, Tech Mahindra, Airtel, and many others.
- Course Fees: 9,73,000 (₹)
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
Next, we have SPJIMR, another top shot that offers a PGDM program. The institute strives to be the country’s most innovative and socially responsible school of management. The institute gives flexibility to the students to change their major specialization and a select minor one. The institute is an academic partner to many corporate houses. Admission here is based on CAT and GMAT scores followed by a personal interview. The various factors important for selection here include overall profile, previous work experience, academic background and versatility, and achievements. Good infrastructural facilities are provided to the students. Few highlights are provided below.
- Accreditation: AMBA, NBA, AICTE & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 26.36 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 51 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Adani, Amazon, Airtel, to name a few.
- Course Fees: 17.5L ₹
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
SIBM is a premier B-school of the country set up in the year 1978 under Symbiosis International University (SIU). The institute aims to promote international understanding through quality education. The institute offers a two-year full-time MBA program specializing in HR, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Leadership and Strategy. Admission to the MBA program is based on the SNAP score. SNAP stands for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test conducted by SIU. The institution offers modern classrooms, a library, and a computer center for learning infrastructure. Moreover, it offers health facilities, sports facilities including cricket, football, basketball, swimming pool, and pool table, carrom, and chess for indoors. Recreational facilities here include a gymnasium, yoga, aerobics, and bicycle facilities. Few details are mentioned as under:
- Accreditation: UGC, NAAC-A grade & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 20.08 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 34.26 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): GAIL, Lenovo, KPMG, HCL, and Google.
- Course Fees: 21.27 L ₹
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai (Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India 2021)
Padmashree awardee Dr. Bala B Balachandran, Professor Emeritus at Kellogg School of Management, established the institution. The inception year was 2004. The institute also offers various programs-PGPM, PGDM, PGXPM, PGPM FLEX, and MBA in business analytics and other courses. For admission, the test scores of CMAT, CAT, XAT, GMAT are accepted here. In terms of infrastructure, it provides all modern facilities at the campus. Few details about the college are as follows:
- Accreditation: AMBA, SAQS, NBA, AICTE, NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: 13.63 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 31.75 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): Microsoft, Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant, HCL, Infosys.
- Course Fees: 36.4 L ₹
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
NMIMS is a college that provides education in various fields ranging from performing arts to management. The institute not only focuses on quality education for the employability of students as well. It imparts research-based learning. It offers various programs at the PG level, including PGDM and MBA, in various fields like HR, Pharmaceutical Management, Business Analytics, and many other interesting fields. Scores of NMAT by GMAC entrance exam are accepted here, followed by case discussion and PI. Few details are as under:
- Accreditation: AMBA, AACSB, and NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: 18.33 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 38.57 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): Swiggy Surge, OYO the catalyst.
- Course Fees: 12.5 L ₹
T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal (Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India)
Also known as TAPMI, it is a premier business school of India that was established in 1980. It has global recognition as it has been listed among the top 150 institutes for Masters in Management worldwide by QS World University Rankings. So surely, doing a master’s from here increases the chances of your successful career. It offers PGDM in General Management, Banking and Financial Service, HRM, and Marketing. The institute also offers scholarships to meritorious students and has 44 acres with all modern state of art infrastructural facilities. CAT/MAT/GMAT scores are accepted for admission but several other components are considered for admission including profile-based shortlisting, statement of purpose, test scores, and work experience. Few important details about the institute are as under:
- Accreditation: AMBA, AIU, AACSB, and NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: 10.5 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 14.6 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): Aditya Birla Sunlife Insurance, Amazon, Amul, and ICICI Prudential.
- Course Fees: 15.1 L ₹
International Management Institute, Delhi
IMI-International Management Institute located in Qutub Institutional Area is a corporate-sponsored B-School. It was established in the year 1981. The institute is among the top-notch private B-Schools in India. Currently, it offers PGDM, PGDM (Executive) with specializations in HRM and Banking & Financial Services. The institute has world-class faculty members having rich experience in corporate, academia, and research. Admission is based on cut-off criteria based on CAT results. GMAT scores are also valid for international students. After shortlisting, candidates are called for individual assessment in terms of essay writing and personal interview. Academic background is also checked. Few details are given below.
- Accreditation: AMBA, AACSB, AICTE & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 12.77 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 29.75 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Citi, HCL, Infosys, Oppo, Shell, Viacom 18, many more.
- Course Fees: 18,34,900 ₹ p.a.
Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB), Bhubaneshwar
XIMB is a B-school established in the year 1987 under a social contract between Odisha govt. And Odisha Jesus Society. It aims to provide quality education in the management field to develop managers with strong values and ethics. The institute offers MBA-Business Management, Executive MBA, and Ph.D. They also arrange for the international student exchange program. CAT/XAT/XGMT/NMAT scores are accepted for admission followed by a final selection process involving WAT, GD, and PI. Few college details are as under:
- Accreditation: AMBA, AACSB, AICTE & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 15.15 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 24 LPA
- Top Recruiters: HCL, HSBC, Blue Star, Mindtree, and Hexaware, to name a few.
- Course Fees (MBA in Business Management): 19.50 L ₹ p.a.
IMT, Ghaziabad (Top 10 Private MBA Colleges in India)
In the end, we have IMT Ghaziabad, another reputed B-School from Delhi NCR. The institute was set up in the year 1980 under the aegis of Lala Lajpat Rai Educational Society. It offers PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGDM on a part-time basis. CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are required for admission, followed by the final rounds of selection. Few highlights are as under:
- Accreditation: AACSB, SAQS, NBA & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 12.42 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 29.32 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Google, Mahindra and Mahindra, E&Y, L&T.
- Course Fees: 19.53 L ₹ p.a.
Which is the best private MBA college in India?
Will PGDM give me the same career opportunities as MBA?
Yes, PGDM is equivalent to MBA. Top B-School offers PGDM and has good placement records.