Top 10 Medical Colleges in Maharashtra 2021: Maharashtra is the second most populous and the third biggest state in India. It has always proved to be an important part of our country to provide employment top-class colleges and institutions. Maharashtra has provided our country with many top-notch Medical colleges, which has given our country some of the best workforces in the Medical field.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
We all are familiar with the current pandemic situation in the world. So, the concern about the need for medical staff has increased as we all want the best doctors to treat and cure us. So, if you are a student and looking forward to entering into this noble profession by taking admission into a good college in Maharashtra. Here is the list of the top 10 Medical Colleges in Maharashtra.
No.1 D.Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune
This institute was established in 1996 by Dr P.D Patil. The most interesting part is that it is the first private college in Maharashtra which has received the approval of the Medical Council of India and also by Govt. of India. The college itself has a well-equipped hospital with 2000 beds, which the Research Centre backs. The amazing thing about this college is that it has won a coveted position in the Guinness Book of World Records by screening the greatest number of patients in one hour on the eve of World Heart Day (2018). Key features of the college are as under:
- Accreditations – NAAC (‘A’), NIRF (24th)
- Courses – M.B.B.S, M.D., M.S., Super Speciality, and many more
- Lowest Package – 3 LPA
- Highest Package – 19 LPA
- Top recruiters – Infosys, Wipro Technology, Webtech Solutions, Nokia
No. 2 Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wartha
This institute is located in Sawangi-Meghe, which is approx. 80 km away from Nagpur. It has a status of a Deemed University given by UGC on 24th May 2005. The campus is built over 125 acres of area, and its infrastructure is well established with superb ambience. The classes are well equipped with the latest teaching methods as this is the most important factor that makes an institute better than others. This is a private institute with some of the best faculty members in the state. Placements and other related details are below.
- Accreditations – NAAC(‘A’), 12B Certification from UGC, NABH, ARIIA
- Courses Offered – Medicine, Dentistry, Ayurveda, Nursing and many more
- Lowest Package – 3 LPA
- Highest Package – 4 LPA
- Top Recruiters- NSE Infotech Services Ltd, Capgemini Consulting India Pvt Ltd, IBM.
No.3 Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed to be University, Karad
This institute is located in Karad (Western Maharashtra). The campus is spread over 57 acres. It was established 35 years old and also recognized by the Medical Council of India and Malaysia. International students are also allowed here for pursuing their studies. The university has also been ranked 5th amongst the cleanest higher educational institutions (2018). Experienced faculties and co-curricular activities have made this institution popular. The college is mainly popular for its research activities. Some of the highlights of the institute are listed below.
- Accreditations – NAAC, NABH, NABL, NNF, NIRF (37th)
- Courses offered – Dental, Medical
- Lowest Package – 6 LPA
- Highest Package – 12 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Hinduja hospital, Apollo hospital, Nanavati hospital.
No.4 Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
Established on 1st May 1948, this college is one of the premier medical institutes of India. The Institute has the distinction of being “The First Medical College”, set up by the Armed Forces of any country in Asia. This institute is one of the best in Maharashtra, as it has well-equipped studios, classrooms, a well-stocked library, and highly qualified, experienced faculty. If we talk about Accreditations, it is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. Take concern of the below-mentioned points.
- Accreditations – NAAC, MCI, NABL
- Courses offered: MBBS., Nursing, Post Graduate, Super Speciality, PG Diploma.
- Lowest Package – 10 LPA
- Highest Package – 16 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Air force, Navy force, Military force, Delhi Medical Science Hospital
No.5 Grant Govt. Medical College, Mumbai
This is one of the best institutes of medical sciences located in the city of dreams. Last year it completed 175 years of existence, and it is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. This institute is one of the oldest institutions run by the Government of Maharashtra, which offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical training and health care ranging from basic to advanced. It’s also affiliated with “Sir JJ Group of Hospital”. It is also recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation.
- Accreditations – Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Courses offered – UG, PG, and PG diploma levels in Medicine and Pharmacy and Science streams.
- Lowest Package – 6 LPA
- Highest Package – 12 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Tata Memorial Centre, Delhi Government Hospitals
No.6 GSMC MUMBAI – SETH MEDICAL COLLEGE
This institute was founded in 1926 and is amongst the foremost teaching and medical care-providing institutions in India. It is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The campus of the college also includes a hospital named King Edward Memorial Hospital. This institute is located in Acharya Dende Marg, Parel. The Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai mainly funds it, and it provides treatment facilities from basic to advanced. Recently, the Covid-19 pandemic Indian Air Force choppers showered petals on King Edward Memorial Hospital for paying tribute to healthcare workers on 3rd May 2020. Few details of the college are provided as under:
- Courses Offered – Medicine, Ayurvedic, Biochemistry and many more
- Lowest Package – 4.5 LPA
- Highest Package – 9.6 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Nanavati hospital and Lilavati hospital.
No. 7 Jawaharlal Nehru And Memorial college, Wardha
This institute is a 31-year-old, privately-owned medical college with a dedicated hospital and is affiliated with DMIMS. The college campus is spread over 125 Acres with a dedicated laboratory. The infrastructure is full of the facilities one needs for proper education and training in the college. A hostel facility is also available on the campus. Some of the other important details are below.
- Accreditations – Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Courses offered – MBBS, MS/MD, DM, Diploma
- Lowest Package – 3.4 LPA
- Highest Package – 6.8 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Apollo hospital, Health cares
No.8 Kasturba Health Societies Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram
As the name itself suggests, this institute is committed to the pursuit of exemplary standards of professional excellence in medical education by providing value-based medical education with accessible and affordable health care facilities. It was established in 1969 by Mahatma Gandhi. We usually don’t have a uniform in colleges, but these college students always wear khaki or the handspun fabric on campus for representing Gandhi’s lessons and teachings.
- Accreditations – NAAC
- Courses offered – Medical Sciences, Anaesthesiology, Dental
- Lowest Package – 5.6 LPA
- Highest Package – 12.4 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Government and private hospitals
No. 9 Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion Mumbai
This college was established in 1964. It is affiliated with MUHS Nashik and is also referred to as the top medical institution in the country. The institute is named after one most eminent freedom fighters Late Shri “Lokmanya Tilak”. The institute has achieved more than 50 years of excellence in the field of medical sciences. This also holds the credit for being the country’s first trauma Services and specializes in disaster management services.
- Accreditations – MCI
- Courses offered – MBBS, MD, MD general medicine.
- Lowest Package – 6.5 LPA
- Highest Package – 9 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Tata Memorial Centre, Seven hills Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
No. 10 Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Medical College, Pune
This institute was established in February 1989 and is renowned for its academic excellence and the facilities provided inside the campus. Inside the campus, a hospital caters to both the medical needs of patients and the students for studying. There are more than 90 departments in the college, along with an excellent teacher-student friendly environment.
- Accreditations – NAAC(‘A+’) and ‘A (2017) and ‘A’ by the ministry
- Courses offered – Medical Sciences, Surgery. General Medicine
- Lowest Package – 11 LPA
- Highest Package – 36 LPA
- Top Recruiters– Harvard, Mount Sinai, Royal NHS Trust hospitals
FAQs (Top 10 Medical Colleges in Maharashtra 2021)
- Which is the best Medical college in Maharashtra?
Ans- Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune.
- Which Medical college has the best placement in Maharashtra?
Ans- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.