Top 10 MBA Colleges in Mumbai: Mumbai is the economic capital of India. It is better known for the Bollywood industry. Not always entertainment is the things for which the city is known for.
Top 10 MBA Colleges in Mumbai
The city accommodates many good reputed higher education colleges, institutes, and universities that offer education at par with the global level. If you are interested in pursuing MBA, so below a list of the top 10 MBA Colleges in Mumbai is provided to make your choice easy.
IIT Bombay is the best institute to do MBA in Mumbai. It was established in the year 1958. Their motto is “knowledge is the supreme goal.” MBA is offered by the “Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management.” CAT score is accepted here for admission, followed by PI after shortlisting. Few details you might be interested in are as follow:
- Accreditation: NAAC
- Average Salary Package (last year): 8 LPA
- Highest Salary Package (last year): 4 LPA
- Top Recruiters: ONGC, TATA, Accenture, Samsung, Google.
- Fees: 26 L ₹
National Institute of Industrial Engineering
Don’t be surprised to find an industrial engineering college in the list of top 10 MBA colleges. NITIE offers management programs with a competitive edge as the fusion of engineering and management makes a perfect blend of knowledge. In addition, it offers PGDIM and PGDSM. Admission to these programs is based on GATE/GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, followed by the final round of selection involving personal interviews. Few details are as under:
- Accreditation: AICTE, NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: 46.50 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 24 LPA
- Top Recruiters: ETLI, EY, and IDFC.
- Fees: 7+ Lakh (₹) p.a.
VKM`s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
NMIMS provides education in various fields, including management. The institute focuses on developing employability skills in students. It offers various programs at the PG level, including PGDM and MBA with specializations like HR, Pharmaceutical Management, Business Analytics. Scores of NMAT by GMAC entrance exam are accepted here, followed by case discussion and PI. Few college details are as under:
- Accreditation: AMBA, AACSB, and NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: 18.33 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 38.57 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): Swiggy Surge, OYO the catalyst.
- Course Fees: 12.5 L ₹
Principal L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
Principal L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research was established in 1977 and continue its legacy of imparting quality education. It also offers a part-time master’s program in financial management, information management, and marketing management. The institute’s curriculum keeps you ahead of others. The admission procedure is similar to other colleges; a test score of MAH-MBA/MMS-CET/MAT/CAT/GMAT/XAT is considered for shortlisting, followed by the final round of selection. Some important details about the institute and its PGDM course are as under:
- Accreditation: UGC & AICTE.
- Average Salary Package: 8.61 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 18 LPA
- Top Recruiters (few): Dell, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Accenture, etc.
- Course Fees: 5.5 L ₹ (for the first year)
P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
SPJIMR is another top-notch institute offering the PGDM program. Admission here is based on CAT and GMAT scores followed by a personal interview. Other considerations for admission are overall profile, previous work experience, academic background and versatility, and achievements. Few highlights are provided below.
- Accreditation: AMBA, NBA, AICTE & NIRF
- Average Salary Package: 26.36 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: 51 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Adani, Amazon, Airtel, to name a few.
- Course Fees: 17.5L ₹
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
Another management Institute that hits our list is KJ Somaiya (in short). The institute was established in 1959 by Padmabhushan awardee Late Shri K.J. Somaiya. The institute aims to achieve academic excellence. It offers MBA in various specializations. Few exclusive subjects to the list include Sports Management and Integrated Marketing Management, apart from regular subjects like HR, Marketing, and Finance. CAT, GMAT, NMAT, and XAT scores are accepted here for admission. The final round involves CA and PI. The hostel provides hostel, medical, sports, and recreational facilities for the overall development of the students. Few quick information for a glance is provided as under:
- Accreditation: AACSB, ISO, NIRF.
- Average Salary Package: Rs. 13.25 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: Rs. 28.50 LPA
- Top Recruiters: ITC, Quikr, EY, HUL, GSK, Barclays.
- Fees: 7.81+ L ₹
ISME School of Management and Entrepreneurship
It is a reputed college that offers you a good opportunity after PGDM in terms of placements. Currently, it offers PGDM in business analytics and digital marketing. To enroll yourself here, you need to apply for a form through the institute’s website. The score obtained in different aptitude tests (CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, ATMA, State CET) governs the shortlisting process followed by GD/PI for the final selection. Further, the institute has state-of-art infrastructural facilities in terms of library, computer center, design studio, hostel, convenience store medical facilities, wi-fi campus, sports complex, labs, and dance room. It also has good placement records; few details are shared as under:
- Accreditation: NVT Quality, ISO.
- Average Salary Package: Rs. 3 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: Rs. 6 LPA
- Top Recruiters: TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, and JP Morgan..
- Fees: 10 L ₹
Amity Business School (Top 10 MBA Colleges in Mumbai)
Amity is a well-known name in higher education, and next, we have Amity Business School from Mumbai on our list. It was established in 2014. It offers BA in Banking and Finance, Insurance, International, Logistics and SCM, Real Estate, and Urban Infrastructure. The test accepted for MBA admission includes CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, NMAT, and CMAT. The school has modern infrastructure facilities like tech-savvy classrooms. Few points for consideration are as under:
- Accreditation: NAAC ‘A’ Grade.
- Average Salary Package: Rs. 4.5 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: Rs. 30 LPA
- Top Recruiters: HDFC, IBM, Adobe, and TATA Power.
- Fees: 6.60 L ₹
L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
The Dalmia Institute is among the top-rated management colleges in Mumbai. The college aims to provide value-based quality education in the management field globally and with a social conscience. The institute offers a Global MBA program and PGDM. To take admission in these courses, you need a valid score of the common aptitude tests such as CAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT, XAT, along with GD/PI for final selection. In terms of infrastructure, the institute has a library and a digital library, auditorium, seminar hall, management development center, incubation center, sports facilities, and a cafeteria. Few notable points are mentioned below:
- Accreditation: AICTE, NAAC, ASIC, AACSB, AIMA, AIMS, BMA, EFMD.
- Average Salary Package: Rs. 9 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: Rs. 9.25 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Citi bank, Deloitte, HUL, IndusInd Bank.
- Fees: 10.20 L ₹
Jamna Lal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies.
Lastly, we have JBIMS. The institution aims “to develop high caliber management thinker and practitioners for the efficient running of Indian business and industry.” The institute offers Masters in Management Studies with a specialization in Finance, Marketing, Operations, HR, and Systems. A test score of CAT/MH-CET, GMAT are accepted for admission in MMS. The final selection is based on group activity, WAT, and PI. Few details about the institute are as under:
- Accreditation: NAAC-A Grade.
- Average Salary Package: Rs. 14 LPA
- Highest Salary Package: Rs. 33 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Citi bank, JP Morgan, HUL, Wipro, TCS, Colgate.
- Fees: 3L ₹
Which Institute is best to do MBA in Mumbai?
Which college offers the best placements to MBA in Mumbai?