Top 10 Colleges For MBA in India: After the year 2000, commerce and management fields have picked up the interest of millions of students and young people all around the globe, and why not?
Top 10 Colleges For MBA in India
Because now a day, a management professional has so many options for job and career prospects like no other field. But choosing a field of study is not only sufficient to be successful in your career, but you must also attain proper knowledge and skills from a reputed top-notch institute. So, here’s a list of the Top 10 Colleges For MBA in India listed by NIRF IN 2020.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
The IIM Ahmedabad is the no. 1 MBA college in India as listed by the NIRF in 2020. The motto of the institute is “progress through application of knowledge.” The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields of management. It also offers part-time postgraduate programs and other diploma courses. The college has an affiliation with 78 leading business schools throughout the world. The admission process is based on the CAT score, which is also the basic must clear the exam for admission here. Some of the details about the institute are as follows.
- Location: Ahmedabad, Gujrat
- Accreditation: EQUIS, EFMD
- Average Package: 13 lakh per annum
- Highest Package:8 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: MC Kinsey, Master Card, Boston Consulting Group
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore
IIM Bangalore is another world-class top-notch management college in India, second to none but currently ranked second place by the NIRF in top management colleges. The motto of the institute is “let our study be enlightening.” The institute offers post-graduate and doctoral programs in the field of management. The MBA program is the main flagship of this college, and they offer it in 3 different ways. One-year full-time, two years full time and two years executive program (which offers weekend classes). The admission process is also based on the CAT score, with the candidate having experience of 0-4 years.
- Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Accreditation: EQUIS EFMD
- Average Package (last year): 26 lakh per annum
- Highest Package (last year): 30 lakh per annum (international)
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, Accenture, Bains and Company, and Microsoft.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta
The IIM Calcutta is one of the leading management institutes in the country and has been recognized as an institute of national importance. This was the first IIM established in our country. The institute offers the MBA course in different time duration for 1 and 2 years. 2 years in a full-time MBA course whereas 1 year MBA is for the people with previous working experience. The college also offers doctoral courses, and the total number of students is above 1100 in all fields. The motto of the college is “knowledge for the benefit of all.”
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Accreditation: AACSB
- Average Package (last year): 8 lakh per annum
- Highest Package (last year): 80 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: McKinsey, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Accenture, BCG
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow
Established in 1984, The IIM Lucknow has been recognized as an “Institution of Excellence” by the Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development. If offers post-graduate diploma, fellowship, and executive programs in the management field. This offers a one-year full-time MBA program and two-year PGP through the score of CAT score. the motto of the institute is “Better management towards the better nation.” Some important details are as follows.
- Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Accreditation: AMBA
- Average package: 26 lakh per annum
- Highest Package: 51 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, BCG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur, established in 1951 by the government of India, is located in the state of West Bengal with approximately 12,000 students. The IIT Kharagpur is the first institute in IITs to be listed as an institute of national importance and was also awarded the status of “Institute of Eminence” by the government of India.
The institute offers a wide variety, such as MBA, LLB, MHRM, PGDBA, MMST, MTech, MCP, MIPA, and all other engineering-related courses. It was first established as an engineering institute, but now it offers various other courses such as management, law, humanities, etc.
- Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal.
- Accreditation: DOE-MHRD
- Average Package (last year):5 lakh per annum
- Highest Package (last year): 19 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: HUL, Reliance, Tata, L&T, Barclay, Microsoft.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode is the fifth IIM which the government of India has established in the year 1996. They go by the motto of “Diligence leads to excellence.” The 2 years MBA program is the flagship program of this institute which produces a brilliant workforce for the country year by year. It also provides doctoral programs in the management field with an admission rate of 10-15 students per year only. The college campus is spread over 111 acres with full facilities to understand their potential and excel in their knowledge fully.
- Location: Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Accreditation: AMBA
- Average Package (last year): 69 lakh per annum
- Highest Package (last year): 58 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: ICICI, Amazon, Deloitte, IBM.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore
IIM Indore is the sixth IIM which the government of India has established in the year 1996. They go by the motto of “The root of all achievement is management.” The institute has a total of students above 1300 in both post-graduate and doctoral programs and is spread in 193 acres. The institute offers 2 years full-time post-graduate MBA program, a one-year executive post-graduate MBA program, an integrated 5-year Ba plus MBA program, and 2 years integrated executive weekend MBA program.
- Location: Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Accreditation: AQUIS, AACSB, AMBA
- Average Package (last year): 10 lakh per annum
- Highest Package (last year): 45 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: Google, Ernst & Young, Amazon, Aditya Birla Group
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi (Top 10 Colleges For MBA in India)
The IIT Delhi is an institution of national importance located in the country’s capital city, which was first established as a college of engineering in 1961 by the government of India. The mission and vision of the institute are to contribute to India and the world through excellence in scientific and technical education and research. This institute has produced more than 48,000 graduates in various engineering fields along with physical sciences, management, and humanities & social sciences. The institute is spread over 375 acres of area. Some of the details about it are as follows.
- Location: Delhi
- Accreditation: DOE-MHRD
- Average Package (last year): 16 lakh per annum for PG course.
- Highest Package (last year): 1 Crore lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: American Express, Amazon, E&Y, Axis Bank
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)
XLRI is one of the best management institutes in India, which offers various full-time and part-time management programs. It is a private business school run by the Society of Jesus and was founded in 1949. Their motto is “Excellence and Integrity.”
This institute offers a PGDM postgraduate course equivalent to the MBA program as mentioned in our list. This institute has tie-up 22 top business schools to exchange students to study in a foreign country for a short duration during their academic years.
- Location: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Accreditation: AACSB, AMBA, NBA
- Average Package: 08 lakh per annum
- Highest Package: 50 lakh per annum
- Top Recruiters: Goldman Sachs, Airtel, Tat Electronic, IDFC Banks
Management Development Institute (MDI)
Established in the year 1973 by the industrial, financial corporation of India, MDI is a premium business school located in the commercial hub Gurugram near the capital city of Delhi. They go by the motto of “Perfection in action is yoga.” It offers a full-time postgraduate diploma and executive programs in the management field. It also offers fellowship research programs in management. This college also offers various PGDM courses which are equivalent to the MBA program. Some important information about the college is below.
- Location: Gurugram, Haryana
- Accreditation: NBA, AMBA
- Average Package: 15 lakh per annum
- Highest Package: 44 lakh per annum
In which domain is MBA best in India?
MBA in Finance
MBA in HR
MBA in IT
Which is the best MBA college in India?
Ans- IIM Ahmedabad
Which is the biggest MBA college in India?
Ans- IIT Kharagpur spread over 2000 acres.