Top 10 Best Selling Cars In India: Hyundai Creta is the number 1 most popular car in India, and Maruti Alto is the most selling car in India. Since the last decade, cars have gained a lot of popularity in India. New cars are being developed and launched frequently. The technology used in cars has also changed drastically. Also, consumers are becoming more and more aware of the feature and specifications of their vehicles.
Top 10 Best Selling Cars In India
Although the customers have a wide choice of vehicles from different manufacturers, some cars are more loved than others. Some of these cars have been around for quite some time now, while others have entered the market recently. These cars provide excellent value for money and are decently equipped according to their price. So, let’s dive into our list of the top 10 most popular cars in India based on their total sales.
No 1. Hyundai Creta
Hyundai is a South Korean car manufacturer that entered the Indian market in May 1996. Since then, it has grown to become one of the most popular car manufacturers in India. The Creta was first showcased as a concept vehicle in the 2014 Beijing Auto show. It came to India in its production-ready form in the year 2015.
- It is a five-seater subcompact crossover SUV based on the Hyundai-Kia PB platform.
- The current and the latest generation Creta was introduced in March 2020.
- It comes with the option of one diesel and two petrol engines.
- One of the petrol options is turbocharged while the other is naturally aspirated.
- It is one of the most famous cars in India in 2021.
- Hyundai Creta Price lies between INR 9.90-17.70 lakhs.
- 5 doors and seating space for 5 adults.
- Panoramic sunroof.
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Variable driving modes.
- Air purifier and ventilated front seats.
- Available colours of Hyundai Creta are red, rust, white, black etc.
No 2. Maruti Vitara Brezza
Maruti Suzuki has been selling affordable and quality cars in India since the year 1981. The Vitara Brezza is one of the most popular cars in India 2021. The Vitara Brezza is a subcompact SUV that came into production in the year 2016. It was powered by a turbocharged diesel engine mated to a 5 speed automatic or manual transmission.
- After 2020, this engine was replaced with a petrol engine with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
- It has also received 4 stars in Global NCAP safety tests.
- All LED projector headlamps.
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Automatic climate control.
- The price of Maruti Vitaria Brezza is INR 7.51-11.41 Lakhs.
- The colour variants available in Maruti Vitara Brezza are grey, black, red, pearl white etc.
No 3. Hyundai I20
The i20 is one of the best-looking hatchbacks on sale in India right now. The i20 was launched in many markets, replacing the Getz. It was launched in the year 2008. This car uses a platform that is completely new and is most popular in Europe and India. The third and current generation was set to launch in 2020 but was delayed due to the pandemic.
- The basic price range of I20 is INR 6.85-11.34 Lakhs.
- There is also a wide range of trim levels to choose from.
- Wireless charging and cooling for mobile phones.
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Option of the dual-clutch gearbox.
- 7 speaker sound system by Bose.
- Blue ambient lighting.
No 4. Maruti Suzuki Baleno
On the fourth spot on our list, we have a car from the house of Maruti Suzuki. It is one of the most popular cars in India since its launch. The company has used the Baleno badge since 1995 for many different cars.
- It was introduced in the year 2015 and has gained a lot of popularity since then.
- It was given a facelift in 2019 and came with some significant cosmetic updates.
- Speed alert system.
- UV cut glass all over.
- LED projector headlamps.
- The price of Maruti Baleno is INR 5.98-9.30 Lakhs.
- The colour variants of Maruti Baleno are blue, grey, black, rust.
No 5. Maruti Suzuki Dzire
Maruti Suzuki was formed when Maruti Udyog Ltd. The Dzire is a compact four-door sedan that came into production in the year 2008. It was the sedan version of the more popular Swift hatchback. It is a sub-4-meter car to avail benefits given to cars under 4 meters of length.
- The car comes with the option of a manual or an automatic gearbox.
- Large boot space for luggage.
- Passenger airbags.
- Automatic climate control.
- The price of Maruti Swift Dzire is INR 5.98-9.02 Lakhs.
- The colour variants in Maruti Dzire are all common colours.
No 6. Maruti Suzuki Swift
The most popular car in India is probably the Maruti Suzuki Swift. This car gave birth to the much-loved Swift Dzire. The global version of the first generation Swift was first shown to the world in Paris Motor Show 2004. It also received 4 stars safety rating in Global NCAP tests.
- It also received many cosmetic and mechanical upgrades over the years.
- This car is also popular in motorsports like rallying and circuit racing.
- INR 5.73-8.70 Lakhs is the price of the Maruti Suzuki Swift.
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Cruise control feature.
- Start-stop idle function
No 7. Hyundai Grand i10
Hyundai has made some of the most popular and compact cars in India for a long time. The Grand i10 is a premium version of the small and affordable i10, which is the smaller brother to i20. The overall quality and durability of the car have increased drastically. For someone looking for a small and easy-to-use car, this is a perfect choice. After-sales service and maintenance are also very cheap and good.
- Hyundai Grand I10 Price in India is INR 5.23-8.45 Lakhs.
- Compact and easy to drive and park.
- Great fuel economy.
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Wireless charging for mobile phones.
No 8. Tata Tiago
Tata is one of the most recognized and famous car manufacturers all over the world. They currently own Land Rover and Jaguar, which are British manufacturers. They make some of the best private and public vehicles in India. The Tiago was a replacement of the Tata Bolt, which was based on the much older Tata Indicia Vista.
- It is a popular sub-4-meter compact hatchback made by an Indian manufacturer.
- Superior built quality and body strength.
- Reversing camera.
- Height adjusting seat.
- Full digital instrument console.
- The price of Tata Tiago is INR 4.99-6.95.
No 9. Maruti Suzuki Celerio (Top 10 Best Selling Cars In India)
The Celerio is another popular compact hatchback made by Maruti Suzuki, which came into production in 2014. It was the first car in Pakistan that came with an automatic gearbox. It is also among the most selling cars in India. The earlier model came with a petrol engine, and the diesel variant was introduced later in 2015.
- It is one of the cheapest and smallest that you can buy in India.
- The Celerio was marketed as a car that eliminated the manual gearbox and promised ease of use.
- Affordable automatic transmission.
- Height adjustable seat.
- Steering mounted audio controls.
- The Maruti Suzuki Celerio price is INR 4.26 Lakhs onwards.
No 10. Maruti Suzuki Alto (Top 10 Best Selling Cars In India)
Maruti Suzuki launched the first Indian car in the form of the Maruti 800. It was an instant hit and was the most affordable car in India for a long time. The Alto was sold much later and was a replacement for the much-loved 800. But, the manufacturer decided to resurrect the 800 badges in the form of the Alto 800. It was launched in October 2012 and mixed the Alto and the 800 badges. It is a perfect beginner car.
- The price of the Maruti Suzuki Alto is INR 2.99-4.60 Lakhs.
- Perfect beginner’s car due to its small size and affordability.
- Remote keyless entry.
- Mobile dock infotainment system.
- Dual front airbags.
- Which is the most popular car in India?
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is the most popular car manufactured in India.
- Which is the No. 1 car in India?
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is currently the No. 1 car in India. It is also one of the best-selling cars in India currently.
- Which is the best car in India 2021?
The best car in India is the Hyundai i20.
- Which is the best car to buy in 2021?
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is the best car to buy in India due to its value for money and huge boot space.