Top 10 Best Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR: Fashion designing is the most sought course by creative minds. Fashion designing in different fields allows you to introduce an artist inside you to the world through your unique design and style quotient.
Top 10 Best Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR
There are varied fields in fashion designing which you can opt for such as textile design, apparel design, jewellery design, and product design to name some of them. If you have that fashion spark inside you, then you should develop your career in fashion designing. So here we are providing the list of the top 10 fashion design institutes in Delhi and NCR.
NIFT-National Institute of Fashion Technology
NIFT is the name for which every fashion designing students dream for. The institute was established in the year 1986 and now it offers ten different programmes seven of bachelor and three of masters. The institute has a big campus designed on the concept of step-well for rainwater conservation. It offers UG programmes in accessory design, fashion, knitwear, textile, and leather design. Fashion communication is also offered at the UG level. Bachelor of Fashion Technology is one of the most popular courses of the institute. At the master’s level, it offers the master of design, fashion management, and fashion technology. The highlights of the institute can be read below.
- Location: Hauz Khas, Delhi
- Accreditation: AICTE
- Highest Package (2019): 11 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Monte Carlo, Future Group, Blackberry, Amore Magazine, and Chitrakosh.
- Notable Alumni: Ritu Beri, Shani Himanshu, Gaurav Gupta, Ashish Soni.
National Institute of Design
Next on the list, we have the National Institute of Design. The institute has a status of “National Importance” under the National Institute of Fashion Design Act 2014. The institute is one of the oldest institutes in the field as it was established in the year 1961. M. Des. is one of the most popular courses of the institute. Some of the key points to be noted are given below.
- Location: Lodhi Estate
- Accreditation: Ministry of Science and Technology, GOI
- Highest Package: 36 LPA
- Top Recruiters: VIP Industries Ltd., Bombay Design House, DDecor Exports, and Tanishq.
Another institute that hits our list with decades of experience is Pearl Academy. It has become a renowned name in fashion designing countrywide. The academy offers numerous courses that are appropriate as per today’s changing business scenario to develop your career. The institute offers certification programmes at the UG and PG level in various fields of design such as accessory design, jewellery fashion design, lifestyle business management, costume design, textile design, fashion entrepreneurship, and many more interesting fields.
- Location: Rajouri Garden, West Delhi
- Accreditation: Autonomous Institution, and National & International University Facilitation for the students.
- Average Package:6 LPA
- Highest Package: 14 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Myntra, Pero, Amazon, and ITC.
Amity School of Fashion Technology
Next, we have Amity School of Fashion Technology which is highly prestigious in terms of fashion designing courses. The school offers a curriculum that is based on industry inputs that make the course content-rich and dynamic that increases the employability of the students. Some of the courses offered by the school include a Ph.D. in fashion designing, MA Design (Fashion & Textile), and B. Des. in fashion designing. The school is a part of Amity University. Labs, libraries, and studios are designed for the school. Let’s have a quick glimpse of the school.
- Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Accreditation: University recognized by UGC & NAAC.
- Highest Package: 6LPA (B. Des., 2019)
- Top Recruiters: Richa Global, Lifestyle, Woodland, Levi’s, and Ritu Kumar.
Apeejay Institute of Design
Apeejay Institute of Design is a reputed college providing degree courses in the field of fashion designing. The institute was established in 1991 and envision man-making and nation-building by providing quality education of global standards. It offers four specializations at Bachelor and Master level namely fashion design, graphic design, interior design, and animation & multimedia. Some fact check is provided as under:
- Location: Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Delhi
- Accreditation: UGC
- Average Package: 6 LPA
- Highest Package:6 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Shoppers Stop, Rohit Bal, Satya Paul, Biba, Givo, and Orient Craft Limited.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology
JD Institute of Fashion Technology is another trusted name if you want to pursue fashion designing as your career. The institute offers multiple courses at UG, PG, and diploma levels in varied fields such as fashion designing, interior design, and jewellery design. Some of the points of consideration about the institute are as under:
- Location: Hauz Khas Village, Delhi
- Associations: Cumulus, Association of Designers of India, IIID
- Average Package (2019):25 LPA
- Highest Package (2019):25 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Zara, H&M, Pantaloons, Calvin Klein, Dharma Production, Lime Road, Pepper Fry.
- Notable Alumni: Rocky S, Shane Peacock, Urvashi Kaur, Aanchal Gulati.
Indian Institute of Art and Design
IIAD another reputed college to pursue fashion designing constitutes part of our list. It was established in the year 2015 and being a newcomer it has performed well and earned a good reputation. The institute considers people, process, and community as three pillars for their working. The institute offers the various course at PG and UG levels in fashion designing, fashion management, interior and architecture design. The campus has its specially built studios, digital labs, adaptive spaces, and 3D material workshops. The institute also offers good placements with some top-notch companies. Let’s have a quick fact check.
- Location: Okhla, Delhi.
- Affiliation: Kingston University, London.
- Highest Package: 12 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Pero, Levi’s, Ashima Leena, Nitin Bal Chauhan, BIBA, CTA Apparel, and Prapun.
- Notable Alumni: Abhinav Narayan, Tanu Kapoor, Vanya Verma
International College of Fashion
International College of Fashion is located at the prime location in New Delhi is another top shot in the field of fashion designing. Its unique curriculum designed by NID, IIT-Delhi, and NISBUD makes it stand apart in terms of education quality. It offers BBA, Master’s, and diploma courses in fashion entrepreneurship. The institute offers state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities to the students for uninterrupted learning. So, you can consider it to undertake a course in fashion designing, some snapshot of the institute is as under:
- Location: Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- Accreditation: University of Mysore and Ansal University
- Highest Package: 4 LPA
- Top Recruiters: GAP, ZARA, UNIQLO
Satyam Fashion Institute (Top 10 Best Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR 2021)
SFI is another dream college for fashion designing women aspirants. The Institute offers a bachelor in fashion design, textile design, lifestyle accessories design, mass communication, and fashion communication. It also offers 2 years PG Diploma in fashion designing and various short-term courses ranging from 3-6 months. The field of short-term courses includes costume jewellery design, leather bag design, footwear design, belt design, clay design, home décor, and accessories design. Let’s have a look at some of the college’s highlights.
- Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Accreditation: NAAC, SNDT Women’s University
- Average Package: 1-3 LPA
- Top Recruiters: ITC, P.C Jewellers, Shoppers Stops, and Marks and Spencer.
- Only for girls
Polytechnic for Women (Top 10 Best Fashion Designing Colleges in Delhi NCR 2021)
At the end of the list, we have Polytechnic for Women. It is affiliated with Jawahar Lal Nehru Technical Education, Council of Skill Development. It offers various vocational courses to inculcate skill development among women. Some of its popular courses are B.Voc. in fashion design, and interior design, B.Sc. & M.Sc. in fashion, and interior design. Some of its diploma courses are fashion designing and merchandising, advanced fashion design, textile design and printing, and interior design and display. The college is ideal for women to pursue a career in fashion designing.
- Location: South Extension, Delhi
- Accreditation: MHRD & Planning Commission, GOI
- Top Recruiters: Raw Mango, The Leela, BIBA, Nalli, Ritu Kumar, P.C. Jewellers.
- Which Institute is best in Delhi to pursue a career in fashion designing?
- Is fashion designing a good career choice?
Yes, fashion designing allows you to serve the industry’s dynamic demand pattern and satisfy your creativity through your designs like Art.
- What skills do I need to become a fashion designer?
You have to be creative, be eyeful, drawing and have artistic skills to develop yourself as a good fashion designer.
- What qualifications are required to get admission in fashion designing?
After 10+2 with a certain percentage of marks, you become eligible for admission in the Bachelor’s programme of fashion designing. Thought you have to go through the rigorous admission process of a particular institute.