Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India:- The scientific name of kidney doctors is Nephrologist. Kidney doctors are educated in internal medicine and then undergo more training to treat patients with kidney diseases. Kidney doctors must graduate from an approved medical school, complete a three-year residency in internal medicine, and pass the American Board of Internal Medicine certification exam before studying Nephrology. A kidney generally sees patients referred by their primary care physician or general physician for problems related to the kidneys, High Blood pressure, or certain types of metabolic disorder.
In this list, we have mentioned the Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India. By our research and study, we have prepared this list. According to their qualification, the number of patients treated by them and their specialized course. So here is the list of Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India.
Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India
No.1 Sandeep Guleria
Sandeep Guleria was born in Mazra, a small village in Indora tehsil of Kangra, Himachal Pradesh. His father is physician Jagdev Singh Guleria, and he is the younger brother of physician Randeep Guleria. Dr. Sandeep is currently working as a senior consultant surgeon in general, GI surgery, and Transplantation. He started his career at the department of surgery at All India Institute of Medical Science. The medical team in India performed the first cadaveric renal transplant under his supervision. Guleria was honored with the Padma Shri award by Ramanath Govind. He is on the top of the list of Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India.
- Position:-Senior Consultant Surgeon.
- Experience:- 35 years
- Recognition/Awards:- Exemplary Contribution Award by the Indian Medical Association, Himachal Gaurav Himalayan Jagriti Manch, Luminary Award” by the IMA, Smt. Rukmani Gopalkrishnan Award, etc.
- Education:- MBBS , MS(Gen. Surgery) , DNB , FRCS(Edinburgh) , FRCS(England) , FRCS(Glas) , DNBE(Gen. Surgery) , PLAB , MNAMS.
No.2 Dr. Rajeev Sood
Dr. Rajeev Sood is a Nephrologist with 36+years of experience. He was born on 26th November 1959 and a graduate of the 76 batches of Armed Force Medical College. He took voluntary retirement from the armed force in the year 2003. He has the second position in the list of Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India. Dr. Sood has expertise in the treatment of urologic oncology, Bladder prolapse, Cancer, Enlarge prostate, kidney, and ureteral stones. He has served in Armed Force, where he has performed more than 1000 kidney transplants. He has been invited to various seminars and conferences.
- Services:- Laser Prostatectomy, Renal transplant, Nephrectomy.
- Experience:- 35 years
- Recognition/Awards:- Vishisht Seva Medal conferred by the president of India for performance beyond the call of duty. Gold medalist in MBBS, MS, MCh.
- Education:- MBBS, MS – General Surgery, DNB – General Surgery, DNB – Urology/Genito – Urinary Surgery, MCh – Urology.
No.3 Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is currently working in Medanta, The Medicity. He is one of the most sought-after kidney transplant specialists in India. He is the first doctor to perform a successful robotic kidney transplant in India. He is credit with establishing high-volume urology and renal transplant programs at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of medical science, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Position:- Group Chairman Kidney and Urology Institute.
- Experience:- 39 years
- Recognition/Awards:- President’s Gold Medal by USI, 2016.
- Education:- Urology and Renal Transplantation, Endo-Urology (PCNL) for the upper tract, Renal Transplantation, Laparoscopic Urology, and Robotic Urology.
No.4 Dr. Pranab Kumar Nandy
Dr. Pranab Kumar Nandy is a highly experienced and skilled Nephrologist with 45+ years, specializing in kidney removal surgeries besides treating other renal conditions. Dr. Nandy has been performing kidney removal surgeries besides treating other advanced conditions of the kidney such as CKD, UTI, diabetes renal failure, among other such conditions.
- Experience:- 45 years
- Education:-MD, MBBS
No.5 Dr. Anant Kumar
Dr. Anant Kumar has 35 years of experience in Urology and kidney transplants. He is well known as one of the best robotic and laparoscopic surgeons in India. He is the best urologist in Delhi. He specializes in kidney transplantation, Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Urology, Renovascular Hypertension, Laparoscopic Urology, Urological Oncology, Laser Urological Surgery, and Reconstructive Urology. He is currently regarded as one of the most well-known urologists in India.
- Position:- Chairman of Uro-Oncology, Robotic & Kidney Transplantation.
- Experience:- 33 years
- Recognition/Awards:- K.L.Gold Medal in Surgery, Hewett Gold Medal.
- Education:- DNB, M.CH, M.S, M.B.B.S.
No.6 Dr. H.S. Bhatyal
Dr. H.S. Bhatyal is one of the most renowned and experienced surgeons in urology in India. Dr. Bhatyal is an active member of various prestigious organizations like the Urological Society of India, the India society of organ transplantation, and the Indian Medical College Association. He completed his M.B.B.S from Madras University, Chennai, India, in 1972, MS- General surgery from the University of Pune in 1978.
- Position:- Senior Consultant & Advisor in Urology.
- Experience:- 49years.
- Recognition/Awards:-Dr. CKP Menon Award for Best Scientific Paper Presentation at USICON 1989, Ahmedabad. “INOSINE” in Ischaemic Renal Surgery, Vijayawada Award for the Best Poster Paper Presentation, USICON 1987, Jodhpur, Urology Society of India Travel Fellowship- 1990 for Training in Renal Transplantation at CMC Vellore and8 Apollo Hospital Madras, North Zone chapter USICON 2nd best Paper Presentation, AIIMS 1991, New Delhi, Limca Book of Records.
- Education:- MBBS, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Urology.
No. 7 Dr. Joseph Thaichii
Dr. Joseph Thaichii is functioning at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai as a senior consultant. He is a member of the Tamil Nadu Medical Council. Some of the services provided by the doctor are Urinary Tract/ Bladder stones treatment and Vascular surgery etc. Dr. Jospeh has successfully carried out the first Kock’s Pouch Continent Urinary Diversion and Cadaveric Renal transplant, for which he was awarded the Gorden- Richard’s Fellowship of Canada.
- Position:-Senior Consultant in the Urology department.
- Experience:- 40 years.
- Recognition/Awards:-Gorden – Richard’s Fellowship of Canada.
- Education:- MD – Urology – University of Zurich, 1968, FRCS – University of Toronto, 1983, Diploma in Urology – American Board of Urology, 1982.
No. 8 Dr. B Shiv Shankar
Dr. B Shiv Shankar is regarded as a highly successful urologist and holds expertise in general urology, endo- Urology, Pediatric Urology, Uro-oncology, Andrology, Gynec- urology, and Renal transplant surgery. Further, he has treated more than 20000 patients for urinary tract stone diseases and many Uro- oncology procedures.
- Position: Sr. Consultant and the Director of the Department of Urology at Manipal Hospital.
- Experience: 33 years.
- Education: MBBS, MS in General Surgery, M.Ch in Urology and FICS.
- Specialization: Urology.
- Recognition/Awards: Fellowship from International College of Surgeons, USA.
No. 9 Dr. Bejoy Abraham
Dr. Bejoy Abraham has operated in prestigious medical units such as CMC, Vellore, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, and the UK. He carries out Renal Transplantation, Uro Oncology treatment, and Robotic surgery. He has special acumen in managing kidney stones, bladder cancer, reconstructive urology, erectile dysfunction, and pediatric urology.
- Position: Consultant – Urology and Transplant Surgery
- Education: MBBS, MS, DNB, MCh, DNB, FRCS
- Experience: 30 years
- Specialization: Renal Transplant, Uro Oncology, Robotic Surgery.
No. 10 Dr. Sanjay Gogoi
Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is currently working as the director of the Manipal hospital. He is famously known as the “fixer.” He has treated countless patients with kidney disorders in India. His team comprises board-certified experts specializing in female urology and endoscopic surgery for stones, prostate, and bladder, etc. He is one of the best urologists in Gurgaon and has over 17 years in this field.
- Position: Director.
- Experience: 20 years.
- Education: MBBS, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, DNB – Urology/Genito – Urinary Surgery, MNAMS – Urology.
- Specializations: Urology, General Surgery, Kidney Transplant, Reconstructive Urology, Pediatric Urology, and Urologic Oncology.
- Recognitions/Awards: Members of Urological Society of India (USI), American Urological Association (AUA), Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT).
Based on research and study, we have present this list. This list of Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India is mention according to their study, experience, and the number of patients attends. So many Kidney Doctors work in India. Some of them can also come in the Top 10 Kidney Doctors in India, like Dr. S N Wadhwa and Dr. Saurabh Pokhriyal. They can also come in this list, but their qualification is not so high as all other kidney doctors.
Please stay connected with us; we will always update you with some more gynecologists in Gurgaon and provide details.