Top 10 Best Hill Station In India: Leh Ladakh, famous as the land of the high passes, is the number 1 hill station in India where the honeymoon couples enjoy the most, having sunstroke and frostbite facilities. India has a diverse range of destinations to give in almost every part of the world. The British built some of India’s most popular hill stations to escape the hot and humid conditions of the lower-lying cities. Visitors from all over the country and the world have flocked to these hill stations.
Top 10 Best Hill Station In India
If you are bored at home and want to spend some gala time with your loved ones at some holiday destinations in India, we are going to help you make a better choice that will prove worth your money and are budget-friendly too. India’s best hill stations are ideal for a fun and unforgettable vacation with family and friends or even a solo trip. These stunning and tranquil hill stations in India are sure to take you on an unforgettable journey. Here is our list of the Top 10 Best Hill Station In India.
No 1. Leh Ladakh – Land of the High Passes
Travel to Leh Ladakh, one of India’s best hill stations, is also one of the most well-known. There are many reasons why Leh Ladakh is considered one of India’s most popular hill stations, from traveling through the world’s highest passes to taking in the scenic beauty. You can take an easy tour package that includes transportation and lodging, or you can schedule an exciting bike ride to the destination.
- Pangong Lake, Royal Leh Palace, Tso Moriri, the Magnetic Hill, Zanskar Valley, and many other attractions are among the most famous things at the Leh Ladakh, the best hill station in India.
- Ladakh exudes beauty in every aspect, from nature to landscapes to culture to geographical terrain, and it enchants anyone who visits this mystical land in the north.
- Ladakh has an assortment of elements that make it a total Heaven on Earth and one of India’s best topmost hill stations, from sparkling blue lakes to freezing desserts to colorful monasteries and gompas.
- It’s probably the only place on the planet where you can get both sunstroke and frostbite.
No 2. Nainital, Uttarakhand – The Hill Station of Lakes
Nainital, a small town in Uttarakhand’s Kumaon region, is India’s most popular honeymoon destination. It is also known as India’s “Lake District,” and it has something for everyone, from families to couples to solo travelers.
- Rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, horseback riding, and parasailing are just a few of the activities available at this well-known hill station in India.
- Naini Peak, Snow View, Tiffin Top, and Naini Lake are among the tourist attractions in Nainital.
- There are also small markets that are often bustling with activity and streets that lead to lovely forest patches.
No 3. Manali, Himachal Pradesh – Valley of the Gods
Manali is one of the best hill stations in India in May and June, known for its scenic beauty, flowery gardens, snow-capped mountains, and orchards of red and green apples. Manali, one of India’s most famous hill stations, has a touristy feel to it from the moment you arrive.
- Heli-skiing, camping, trekking, rock-climbing, and trekking are some of the adventure sports available.
- Manali’s tourist attractions include a host of Tibetan monasteries, Rohtang Pass, and Solang Valley.
No 4. Uttarakhand’s Mussoorie – “Queen of Hill Stations.”
Mussoorie is one of India’s most popular hill stations and is known for being the birthplace of Ruskin Bond. The hill station, which is about 34 kilometers from Dehradun, provides breathtaking views of the Himalayas to the north and the Doon valley to the south.
- Mussoorie was built specifically for tourism and is full of interesting places to see and things to do.
- Take a cable car ride to Gun Hill, walk along Mall Lane, or hike to Lal Tibba, the highest point in the region, for spectacular views.
No 5. Gulmarg, Jammu, and Kashmir- Famous Hill Station and Skiing Destination
Gulmarg is home to the world’s tallest gondola, which reaches a staggering height of 4000 meters above sea level. In the summer, this hill station transforms into a trekkers’ paradise. The main tourist activities at Gulmarg include skiing and snowboarding, while the main market is brimming with jewelry, pashmina, and other one-of-a-kind souvenirs to take home.
- Gulmarg, which literally means “flower meadow,” is renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty.
- In addition to being a popular ski destination in the winter, its pine forests and wildflowers make for a beautiful summer trip. This is another ]example of India’s best hill stations 2021.
No 6. Darjeeling, West Bengal, is known as the “Tea Plantation Hill Station.”
Darjeeling provides breathtaking views of the Kanchenjunga and other mountains. This is one of India’s hill stations known for its extensive tea plantations. In reality, most Darjeeling tour packages include visits to tea plantations as well.
- Darjeeling is known for its waterfalls, but it is also known for its Toy Train, which provides a memorable journey.
- Observatory Hill, Ghoom Monastery, and Senchal Lake are among the prominent tourist attractions in Darjeeling.
No 7. Shillong, Meghalaya- The East’s Scotland
The monsoon season is the best time to visit Shillong and book a tour package. During the rainy season, the entire city of Meghalaya seems to be bathed in a new life. There are many things to do here, like seeing breathtaking landscapes. A relaxing picnic near the Elephant Falls, a boat trip on Umiam Lake, or a climb to Shillong Peak are all options.
- If you’re looking for an adventure, look for a Shillong tour package that includes water skiing or kayaking at one of the city’s lakes.
- Shillong is an amazing hill station in North East India, with lush green fields, picturesque scenery, and sweet-smelling flowers.
- It is all about natural beauty mixed with colonial hospitality.
No 8. Gangtok- Sikkim (Top 10 Best Hill Station In India)
Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, is another well-known hill station in India. This is a town that combines the charm of a hill station with the conveniences of a community. In Gangtok, the ropeway offers a panoramic view of the entire city and the surrounding areas.
- Walking through the town is said to be the best way to discover Gangtok’s charm. Tsongmo Lake, Tashi View Point, Banjhakri Hill, and the Rumtek Monastery are just a few of the famous tourist attractions in Gangtok.
- Gangtok, surrounded by lush green forests and situated on the Shivalik Hills, is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the country’s northeast.
- Gangtok is one of the best hill stations in India for honeymooners, and it should be on your itinerary.
No 9. Chamba, Himachal Pradesh- Also known as The Picture Perfect Hill Station
Chamba Valley has been the subject of many legends, both mystical and historical, in the past. This Indian hill station is home to a host of temples, the majority of which are dedicated to Lord Narayan, Hinduism’s “most versed god.”
- Chamba is ideal for nature lovers and adventurers because it provides breathtaking views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
- The Bhuri Singh Museum, Akhand Chandi Palace, Rang Mahal, and the Champavati, Chamunda Devi, Vajreshwari, and Laxmi Narayan Temples are just a few major tourist attractions in Chamba.
No 10. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh- The Hill Station Where Tsangyang Gyatso, the Sixth Dalai Lama, Was Born
Tawang is home to India’s largest Tibetan monastery, which houses nearly 500 monks. Tawang, one of India’s top 10 hill stations, is known for its fresh mountain air and amazing trekking opportunities.
- If you visit Tawang, you must spin the prayer wheels at the 400-year-old Tawang Gompa before walking around the lovely town and chatting with the friendly locals.
- Which is the most beautiful hill station in India?
Leh Ladakh – Land of the High Passes is the most beautiful hill station in India.
2. Which are the popular hill stations in India?
The above-mentioned top 10 best hill stations in India are the popular hill stations in India.
3. Which is the most beautiful hill station in the world?
Manali is the most beautiful hill station in the world.
4. What is famous as a hill station?
Twang Arunachal Pradesh is famous as a hill station.