Top 10 Richest City In India: India is a diverse country with 29 different states and 9 Union territories. They all have different cultures, monuments, art, and languages. Whatever you want, you can find it in India. Every city in India has a different industry and much more to offer the tourist. India is a growing country, and many of its cities have a successful GDP rate. Different domestic and international tourists visit these cities and have remarkable experiences.
Top 10 Richest City In India | List of Rich Cities in India 2021
If all the cities of India continue to perform better and generate revenues like the below-mentioned cities, then it is not far that India becomes a developed country. As technology is increasing the scope for new sectors, expansion is also increasing. Now India is producing multiple products of its own without exporting. Here is the list of the top 10 Richest City In India.
No 1. Mumbai
The first city on the list of the richest city in India is Mumbai. It is also known as the Film city of India, the city of dreams. Mumbai is the richest city as billionaires, highest-paid actors, bungalows, and the fashion industry reside there. The GDP of Mumbai is $310 billion making it the richest city in India.
- Famous heritage sites/ monuments of Mumbai that are great places to visit are Gateway of India, Ballard Bunder Gatehouse.
- Other tourist spots are Essel world, Elephant Caves, Siddhivinayak Temple, Red carpet Museum.
- It is mainly famous for the Bollywood industry.
- Mumbai has great 5 hotels to reside in and have a bite like Taj Mahal, JW Marriott Sahar, The Oberoi’s Nariman Point, and many more.
- Mumbai has a vast fashion and to get this fashion you can go to Fashion street, Colaba causeway market, Zaveri Bazaar, Linking Road to buy amazing clothes.
No 2. New Delhi
The national capital of India, Delhi, is the second richest city in India. The city has an amazing infrastructure which includes a different business center, Delhi metro, International Airport. The total GDP of New Delhi is $293.6 billion.
- The city has Parliament House and Rashtrapati Bhawan, and many other state Houses.
- Delhi has many monuments as it also the capital when Mughals used to rule India, like Red Fort, Qutub Minar, India Gate.
- There are others places like Cannaught Place, Chandni Chowk, Agrasen Ki Baoli, Garden of five senses that are famous tourist spots.
- Temples like Iskon temple, Akshardham are also very famous and must when visiting Delhi.
- Various markets like Jannapath, Sarojni Nagar, Lajpat Nagar, Rajouri garden are best to shop in Delhi.
- Many industries make Delhi the second richest city in India, like IT, Hotels, Banking, and many more.
No 3. Kolkata
Kolkata is the cultural capital of India. Kolkata is famous for its culture, art, music. One of the most famous parts of Kolkata is the yellow taxi. The city is among the richest city in India because of multiple industries. The GDP of Kolkata is $150.1 Billion.
- Some of the famous tourist spots that are heritage monuments are Victoria Memorial, Fort William, Marble Palace.
- Kolkata has Alipore Zoo, which is the largest zoo in our country.
- Famous temples of the city are Kalighat, Birla Mandir.
- Kolkata has one of the largest jute-processing industries.
- The city is also famous because of some finest individuals like Satyajit Ray, Rabindranath Tagore, Mamta Banerjee, Mithun Chakraborty, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
No 4. Bengaluru
Bengaluru is the Silicon Valley of India and the most advanced state in India that has a GDP of $110 billion. It is also the capital of Karnataka. The city has an amazing GDP because of its IT sector, architecture.
- Famous monuments to visit are Bengaluru Fort, Tipu sultan’s Fort & Palace, Mayo Hall.
- Tourist spots of Bengaluru are Cubbon Park, Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bannerghatta Biological Park.
- Bengaluru is known for its IT industry.
No 5. Chennai
Chennai is also called as Detroit of South Asia. It is also most advanced in india. Chennai has $78.6 billion as its GDP. Chennai is known for its culture, economy, and education. It is ranked 6th in the list of the richest city in India.
- Famous monuments are St. Geoge’s Fort, Freemasons Hall.
- Famous temples are Kapaleeshwar temple, Valluvar Kottam Monument, Tirupati Devasthanam Balaji.
- The city has various industry which helps it to make the fifth richest city, Biotechnology, VA Tech wabag.
No 6. Hyderabad
Hyderabad is also known as the city of pearls. Hyderabad has a GDP of $75.2, which is mostly generated by the pearl industry. The city is also famous for its Hyderabadi Biryani.
- There are monuments in Hyderabad which are very famous among tourists, like Golconda Fort, Charminar, Chowmahalla Palace.
- The City is famous as it has a large Pearl unit.
- Hyderabad has many famous temples like Jagannath temple, Birla temple, Iskcon Temple, Chilkur Balaji Temple.
No 7. Pune
Pune is known for its educational institutes and has a GDP of $69 billion. The city has very pleasing weather. It has wide history, landscapes which makes it visually beautiful and attractive.
- Some tourist places are Sinhagad, Shaniwar Wada, Aga Khan Palace, Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple.
- The most famous industry are the automobile, IT, education, education Industry.
- The city is also famous for its fashion, Nightlife
No 8. Ahmedabad
Textile Hub of India, Ahmedabad, has a GDP of $68 billion. It is the capital of Gujrat and also known as Manchester of the East, as the majority of its GDP is generated from textile. The city has a wide variety of monuments, temples, and buildings.
- Sabarmati Ashram, Kankaria Lake, Adalaj stepwell, and calico Museum of Textiles are famous tourist spots in Ahmedabad.
- The major industry is the Textile industry over there.
- The place is also famous for Mr. Narindar Modi as he was previously the Chief Minister of Gujrat and made many changes in Ahmedabad and other parts.
- Ahmedabad is also very famous for its Navratri festival celebration in which the dandiya dance is performed.
No 9. Surat (Top 10 Richest City In India)
The city of Sun, Surat is having a GDP of $59.8 Billion. It is another richest city from Gujrat. The place has a large number of merchants visiting Surat. The city is located at the mouth of the Tapti River. The city generates most of its revenue from Diamond and textile.
- Surat’s famous tourist spots are Dumas Beach, Science center, Sardar Patel Museum, Surat Municipal Aquarium.
- The main industry that supports the GDP is the textile, Diamond, and diamond cutting industry.
No 10. Visakhapatnam (Top 10 Richest City In India)
Visakhapatnam is situated on a coastal line and is the largest city of Andhra Pradesh. Visakhapatnam has a GDP of $48.5 Billion. The place has amazing beaches, landscapes, a heritage that is historical for a long time. It is the last city on the list of the richest cities in India.
- Araku Valley Kailasagiri, Borra Caves Submarine Museum, and Rushikonda Beach are famous tourist places in Visakhapatnam.
- Its major industry is from the government sector example, Hindustan Petroleum, BARC, Naval Science and
Technology Laboratory, Bharat Heavy Electricals.
1. Which is the richest state in India?
Mumbai is the richest state in India in terms of its GDP.
2. Which is the most developed city in India?
New Delhi is the most developed city in India.
3. Which is the No 1 city in India?
Bengaluru is the No 1 city in India as it has amazing weather, It sector with a lot of jobs. It is a smart city.
4. What is the third richest city in India?
Kolkata is the third richest city in India.