Top 10 Old Hindi Bollywood Movies In India of All Time:- The 1990s was an amazing decade for Hindi movie buffs. The comedies were funny, the romance felt mushy, and the music was to die for. We have grown up watching these films on our television sets, and they have become the comfortable cushion that any Bollywood buff can fall back on.
Top 10 Old Hindi Bollywood Movies In India of All Time
Here’s the Top 10 Old Hindi Bollywood Movies In India of All Time from the 90’s that you can relax with any given weekend. There is nothing like a classic film to lift your spirit and keeps you entertained, and these great movies represent the best Bollywood has to offer. I hope that my selection is the one you would make as you select the best Bollywood as you remember.
No.1 Mother India(1957)
Mother India is a 1957 Indian epic drama film directed by Mehboob Khan and starring Nargis, Sunil Dutt, Rajendra Kumar, and Raaj Kumar. The film’s title was taken to counter the American author Katherine Mayo’s 1927 polemical book mother India. This film was the most expensive Hindi cinema production and earned the highest revenue compared to any Indian film at that time. This is on the first position in the list of Top 10 Old Hindi movies.
- Plot:- It is the story of a poverty-stricken village woman named Radha(Nargis), whose husband was not there at that time, struggles to raise her sons and survive against a cunning money-lender amidst many troubles. When the construction of an irrigation canal to the village is completed, Radha is considered the “Mother of the Village.”
- Award:- The film won the All India Certificate of Merit for Feature Film, the Filmfare Best Film Award for 1957.
Mughal-E-Azam is a 1960 Indian epic historical drama film directed by K.Asif and produced by Shapporji Pallonji and The movie starring Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, and Prithviraj Kapoor. This movie shows the love affair between Mughal Prince Salim and Anarkali. It broke the Box Office record in India and became the highest-grossing Indian film.
- Plot:- This movie shows the story of Prince Salim and Anarkali’s love affair. Salim falls in love with a court dancer Nadira, later named Anarkali, meaning Pomegranate Blossom. Salim Plead to marry Anarkali, but his father refuses and imprison her.
- Award:- The awards to the film include one National Film Award and three Filmfare Awards at the 8th Filmfare Awards.
No.3 Amar Prem (1972)
Amar Prem is a 1972 Indian Romantic Drama film directed by Shakti Samanta. It is a remake of the Bengali film Nishi Padma(1970). Its music by R.D. Burman notices the film. The movie starring is Sharmila Tagore, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Mehra, Abhi Bhattacharya, and Madan Puri.
- Plot:- Pushpa(Sharmila Tagore) is expelled from her house by her husband and his new wife. When she refuses to leave, her husband beats her and throws her out; then she went to her village-uncle in Calcutta named Nepal Babu(Madan Puri), and on her audition, she meets Anand Babu(Rajesh Khanna) and falls in love.
- Award:- The film went on to received several awards and nominations. At the 1973 Filmfare Awards, Aarbinda Mukherjee won the awards for Best Screenplay.
No.4 Anand (1971)
Anand is a 1971 Indian Hindi language drama film Co-written and directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee. Rajesh Khanna in the lead role, with a supporting cast including Amitabh Bachan, Sumita Sanyal, Ramesh Deo, and Seema Deo. It has since gained a cult following and is hailed as one of the greatest Hindi films ever made.
- Plot:- Bhaskar, an Oncologist, treats the poor for no charges. He became disheartened after seeing the suffering, illness, and poverty all around. On the other hand, his friend was opposite to him. He treats the imaginary illnesses of the rich and uses that money to treat the poor.
- Award:- The film won several awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Film in 1972.
No.5 Angoor(1982) – (Top 10 Old Hindi Bollywood Movies In India of All Time )
Angoor is a 1982 Indian Hindi Language comedy film starring Sanjeev Kumar and Deven Verma in dual roles and directed by Gulzar. All character play innocent and destiny play the main role in bringing all characters at one place. IndianWeekly released the DVD version of the film under its own label.
- Plot:- The Film is about two pairs of identical twins separated at birth and how their lives go haywire when they meet in adulthood. However, Year later, their lives intertwine, leading to confusion and misunderstanding.
- Award:- This film won the best comedian film and best actor to Sanjeev Kumar.
Sholay is a 1975 Indian action-adventure film written by Salim-Javed, directed by Ramesh Sippy, and produced by his father, G.P. Sippy. Sholay is considered a classic and one of the best Indian films. It was ranked first in the British film institutes 2002 poll of ”top 10 Indian films” of all time. The film Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar, Amjad Khan, Hema Malini, and Jaya Bhaduri.
- Plot:- the film is about two criminals, Veeru and Jai ( played by Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan respectively ), hired by a retired police officer ( Sanjeev Kumar ) to capture the ruthless dacoit Gabbar Singh ( Amjad khan ). Hema Malini and Jaya Bhaduri also star, as Veeru and Jai’s love interests, Basanti and Radha, respectively.
- Award:- In 2005, the judges of the 50th Filmfare Awards named it the Best Film of 50 years.
Golmaal is a 1979 Indian Hindi-language comedy film directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee and written by Rahi Masoom Raza and Sachin Bhowmick. N.C produced it. Sippy, with music by R.D. Burman. The Starring of the film is Amol Plaekar, Utpal Dutt, and Bindya Goswami. Hrishikesh Mukherjee first selected Rekha as the heroine part, but he replaces her with Bindya Goswami.
- Plot:- In this film, Ramprasad(Amol Palekar) is a CA looking for a job, and Shankar is a man of traditional values. He hires him. One day he takes leave by pretending his mother was ill, but Ramprasad saw him in a hockey match, so he accuses that person was his twin brother lucky, and there is lots of comedy in this film.
- Awards:- Filmfare for Best Actor- Amol Palekar , Filmfare Best Comedian Awards-Utpal Dutt.
Yaarana is an Indian musical drama film directed by Rakesh Kumar, Starring Amitabh Bachan, Amjad Khan, Neetu Singh, Tanuja, and Kader Khan. Three songs ” Chhookar Mere Mann Ko”, ” Tere Jaise Yaar Kahan” and “saara Zaman Haseeno Ka Deewana” were superhits and are still love.
- Plot:- Kishan and Bishan are childhood friends. Bishan is a successful businessman, and he wants to promote Kishan’s singing talent. After becoming Kishan as a rockstar, Bishan loses mental stability and is shocked by his uncle’s torture. At last, Kishan helps him to overcome this problem. This film shows the extreme bond of friendship.
- Awards:- In this film, Amjad Khan won Best Supporting Actor, and Kishore Kumar won the Best PlayBack Singer-Male.
Agneepath is a 2012 Indian Hindi language action drama film produced by Hiroo Yash Johar and Karan Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions. Hrithik Roshan plays the role of the protagonist Vijay Deenanath Chauhan, and Sanjay Dutt plays the antagonist Kancha Cheena and other supporting starring is Rishi Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Om Puri, and Zarina Wahab.
- Plot:- Agneepath is a story of revenge of Vijay Chauhan against an evil and sadistic Kancha, who hang Vijay’s father to death. Vijay grows up with the single aim of avenging his father’s death. The story revolves around Vijay Chauhan, his relationship with his family, and above all, his Revenge.
- Award:- Agneepath received five nominations at the annual Filmfare Awards ceremony and won five IIFA Awards and Four Zee Cine Awards.
No.10 Bobby(1973) – (Top 10 Old Hindi Bollywood Movies In India of All Time )
Bobby is a 1973 Indian Hindi-language musical romance film, produced and directed by Raj Kapoor and written by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. The film stars Raj Kapoor’s son, Rishi Kapoor, in his first leading role, Opposite Dimple Kapadia in her debut role. The film became a blockbuster, the top-grossing Indian hit of 1973 and the second top-grossing hit of the 1970s at the Indian box office.
- Plot:- The Story is about the love between two Bombay Teenagers of different classes Raj Nath(Rishi Kapoor), the son of rich Hindu businessman Mr. Nath and Bobby Braganza(Dimple Kapadia), the daughter of a poor Goan Christian fisherman Jack Braganza.
- Award:- Rishi Kapoor won the Best Actor Award and Raj Kapoor as the Best Director.
- Which is the most entertaining movie?
Golmaal is the most entertaining movie.
2. Which is the most romantic movie ever?
Bobby is the most romantic movie ever.
3. Who is the thriller and action movie?
Agneepath and Sholay is a thriller and action movie.
4. Which movie is the all-time favorite?
Yaarana and Mother India is the all-time favorite movie.