Top 10 Businessman in India 2021: A business is defined as an organization in commercial, professional, or industrial activities. Making money by goods and services such as producing or (buying and selling products). It is an activity which entered into profit. It is a separate legal entity that provides limited liability and corporate tax rates, which means that business owners are responsible for their debts( incurred by the business). A company structure is expensive to set up, but at the same time, it offers more protection and as well as benefits for the owner.
Top 10 Businessman in India 2021 | Indian Businessman List
In this article, we are going to discuss the Top 10 Businessman in India 2021. This list will classify this businessman based on their net worth, family info, overall companies, shareholders, and many more details. The below lists India’s
richest people as per their net worth.
NO.1 MUKESH AMBANI
The richest person and as well as the wealthiest person in India. Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries occupies the fifth slot in the world’s richest person’s list. His board memberships are members of the board of governors Institute of chemical technology, Mumbai. Chairman, managing director, Former chairman, Indian petrochemicals Corporation limited, Former vice-chairman, Reliance Petroleum, President, pandit Deena Dayal petroleum university, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Net WORTH: $73.6 Billion
- Born : Mukesh dhirubai Ambani 19 April 1957 (age 64 years)
- Nationality: Indian
- Occupation: Chairman and MD, Reliance industries
- Spouse(s) : Nita Ambani
- Children : 3
- Parents: Dhirubhai Ambani (father)
NO.2 Gautam Adani
The chairman and founder of Adnani Group, He is an Indian billionaire industrialist. He is the president of the Adani Foundation, that which his wife, Priti Adani, leads. Gautam Adani help’s during India covid-19 Crisis; he imported four ISO cryogenic tanks filled with 80 metric tons of liquid medical oxygen from Saudi Arabia to Gujarat. Each day his group supplies approx 1500 cylinders with oxygen wherever needed in the kutch of Gujarat.
- Net worth :$67Billion
- Born: 24 June 1962 (age 58 years)
- Full Name: Gautam Shantilal Adani
- Spouse: Priti Adani
- Children: Karan Adani, Jeet Adani
NO.3 Shiv Nadar
The third richest Indian was HCL founder and chairman SHIV NADAR in 2008, and he was also awarded the Padma Bhushan for his efforts in the IIT industry. The nickname of Nadar by his friends id Magus . he also awarded by the Madras university an HONORARY DOCTORATE back in 2007. He also became the Dataquest IT Man of the year in 1995. He also ranked 16th in India under the 50 most powerful people in April 2017.
- Net worth: $22.5 billion
- Born: 14 July 1945 (age 75 years)
- Occupation: Founder of HCL technology, founder of SSN College of Engineering, Founder of SHIV NADAR UNIVERSITY
- Spouse: Kiran Nadar
- Children: Roshni Nadar
NO.4 Lakshmi Mittal
Founder of Mittal steel Company in 1976. He is a philanthropist and also several boards and trusts. He is the chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, the owner of the world’s largest steel-making company. He also owns 38% (Arcelor Mittal ) and a 20% stake in queens park rangers. He also ranked the 57 thunder in most powerful person in 2015. The Sunday Times named him “Businessperson of 2006 ” in 2005. And also, Time magazine named him an International newsmaker of the year in the year 2006. he comes under in the india richest in the year of 2019.
- Net worth : $18.7billion
- Born : 15 June 1950 (age 70)
- Occupation: Chairman and CEO of AECELOR MITTAL, Owner of Karrick limited, Co-owner queens park rangers F.C
- Known for: Steel magnate ( king of steel )
- Board member: Goldman Sachs
- Spouse: Usha Mittal
- Children: Vanisha Mittal, Aditya Mittal
- Awards: PADMA BHUSHAN ( 2008)
NO.5 Radhakishan Damani
He is an Indian billionaire investor, businessman, and the founder of Dmart. He also maintained his investment firm, Bright star investment Limited. His investments hold stakes in various companies, from the tobacco firm industry to cement producer india cement. In today’s day’s, he has approx 214 DMart stores across india.
- Net worth: $15.4 billion
- Born: 1 January 1954 (age 67 years )
- Spouse: Shrikanta Devi Radhakishan Damani
- Children: Manjri Chandak, Jyoti Kabra, Madhu Chandak
NO.6 Pallonji Mistry
Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry is an Indian – born Irish billionaire construction tycoon and the chairman of Shapoorji Pallonji Group. He is the richest Irish person. He is the largest shareholder in India’s largest private in tata group .he was also awarded the PADMA BHUSHAN in January 2016 by the Indian government because of his contribution to trade and industry.
- Net worth :$15 billion
- Born: 1929(age 92 years )
- Spouse: Pat Perin Dubash
- Parents: Shapoorji Pallonji
- Children: Cyrus Mistry, Shapoo Mistry, Aloo Mistry, Laila Mistry
- Title: Chairman, Shapoorji Pallonji Group
NO.7 Hinduja Brothers
Hinduja Group an Anglo-Indian transnational conglomerate based in Mumbai, and the headquarted is in London, United Kingdom. The Hinduja Group is present in all the eleven sectors, including automotive, oil and specialty chemicals, banking and finance, IT AND ITe’s, cybersecurity, health care, trading, media and entertainment, and infrastructure project development.
- Net worth: $14.4 billion
- Type: Private
- Industry: Conglomerate
- Founder: Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja
- Headquarters: London, England, United Kingdom
- Products: Automotive, Financial services, ITEs, Oil and gas, Media, Telecom, Healthcare
No.8 Uday Kotak
An Indian billionaire banker and the executive vice-chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank. He started a finance firm in 1985 and then converted it into a bank in 2003. The Kotak Mahindra Bank is coming under India’s top four banks in the private sector.
- Born: 15 March 1959 (age 62 years )
- Spouse: Pallavi Kotak
- Children: Jay Kotak
- Occupation: Founder, MD, and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, Chairman of IL and FS
NO. 9 Savitri Jindal
Savitri Jindal is a businesswoman and chairperson Emeritus of OP Jindal Group. She is the president of Maharaja Agrasen College, Agroha. Jindal Group includes steel, power, cement, and infrastructure . she is also the seventh richest mother, and she also contributes to the public work which her husband starts. The Haryana Vidhan Sabha elected her from Hisar in 2005. Jindal steels ranked as the third-largest producer of steel in india.
- Net worth: $14 billion
- Born: 20 March 1950 (age 71 years )
- Full Name: Savitri Devi Jindal
- Spouse: Om Prakash Jindal
- Occupation: Chairperson of Jindal group
- Political party: Indian National Congress
No. 10 Cyrus Poonawalla
Cyrus S. Poonawalla is an Indian businessman and the Chairperson of the Poonawalla Group, which includes the Serum Institute of India. It is an Indian biotech company that manufactures Vaccines . in 2005, he was awarded by the PADMA SHRI by the Indian government because of his contribution in the field of medicine. In 2007, he was awarded Ernst & Young ” entrepreneur of the year ” in health & science and again awarded with “entrepreneur of the year 2014 ” on 5t February 2015 .in 2019, awarded with the honorary doctorate of science by the oxford university.
- Net worth: 13.2 billion
- Born: 1941 (age 80 years )
- Organization: Serum Institute of India
- Known for: Founder of Serum Institute of India
- Spouse: Villoo Poonawalla
- Children: Adar Poonawalla
- Awards: PADMA SHRI (2005 )