Top 10 Mysterious Places In India: Bhangarh Fort in Rajasthan is the number 1 most mysterious place in India with some rumors hidden inside, surrounded by a pond from all sides. India is a country in South Asia, the second-most populous and the seventh-largest by its area. The places in India are beautiful and full of nature, but there are still scary and dangerous mysteries and have many stories in some areas. These places have always been the most discussed ones in the country because of their dark and untold secrets.
Top 10 Mysterious Places In India
Many visitors have explored mysterious Places in India; some have had good experiences, whereas some had quite scary ones. Each place has a different and unique story connected with it. Some places have good ones while some have terrible ones. Out of all these stories, the mysterious ones remain at the top among the popularity graphs of places. We all are curious to know more about such places; this even makes them more liked and popular. India is a hub of such haunted places. Listed below are the top 10 mysterious places in India.
No 1. Bhangarh Fort
Bhangarh Fort, a 16th-century fort that is built in Rajasthan, India. There are many rumors spread about the fort, but they are hidden in the fort’s beauty. This fort is surrounded by all the sides, with a pond area having natural stream falls.
- It is said that a saint named Balak Nath lived near the fort area, and it was his prescription that any building built in the area of the fort should not be taller than the fort, if the shadow of any such building falls onto the fort, it will evolve in the devastation of the fort town.
- As per another tale, a wizard genius in black magic named Sinha fell in love with Ratnavati, a gorgeous and beautiful princess of Bhangarh.
- One day, the wizard went after her to the market and approached her with a love potion.
No 2. Kuldhara Village
A very mysterious place in India, Kuldhara village was established nearby the 13th century in the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan. Kuldhara is a forsaken village once people inhabited it. Still, according to critics, Salim Singh, the powerful and corrupt prime minister of the Rajasthan, fell in love with the daughter of the Khuldara head, and he craved to marry by forcing her.
- He pressurized and threatened the village people, so every villager decided to leave the village. While the villagers were leaving, they cursed that no one will be able to reside there.
- Till then, the Kuldhara village persists sterile; it is the same as its residents had left it centuries ago.
- There are many known reasons, but the main one is the sadness of the people who left the land of their forefathers.
- It is also recently said that the village is abandoned due to no water supply, earthquake, land issues, etc.
No 3. Dow Hill
Location- West Bengal
Dow Hill is the most haunted hill station of India located near Darjeeling in Kurseong. The Dow Hill is popularly known for its beautiful vistas, orchid gardens, forested hills, tea plantations, home to a death road, a headless ghost, haunted school, and countless real ghost stories with some rumors. Many abnormal and paranormal activities never stop occurring in Dow Hill.
- The people living nearby downhill like woodcutters had a distressing time watching the headless ghost of a young boy walking and perish towards the forests. Many have reported cases of being followed and continuously observed by an obscured body.
- Some have even seen a red-eye squinting at them. There is also a ghost of a woman dressed which people have seen in grey color clothes.
- There are still many dark and mysterious places in India when someone goes to explore.
No 4. Dumas Beach
Dumas beach is rural, alongside the Arabian Sea. Beach is a well-known tourist destination in South Gujarat and popular for being in India’s top 10 mysterious and haunted spots. The beach is known for its black sand and haunted atmosphere because it was once used as a Hindu burial site.
- Afterward, it has been barren for years and had abnormal phenomenal activities sometimes, so that why the Hindus built the Dariya Ganesh Temple adjacent to the main beach.
- Even after the temple’s construction, evils persist in that area, and visiting this place can actually be quite a scary experience.
No 5. Jatinga
Jatinga is a small rural village, and Assam’s only hill station is known for the mysterious suicide of birds during certain weeks of the year. The local people of Jatinga first observed few birds dying; those people compared the birds with spirits and ghosts. Still, later on, there were incidents recorded where many other animals were seen committing suicide from that same particular area.
- But after that, Conservation groups and wildlife officers in India have taken steps to prevent the killing of birds in India, creating awareness in the illiterate villagers.
- This place is still a mystery, and people are still trying to figure out the actual cause behind all these paranormal and mysterious activities in Jatinga.
No 6. Lambi Dehar Mines
Location- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
Mussoorie is a quite popular holiday destination among Indians, especially for those residing in north India. The Lambi Dehar Mines are situated in this beautiful hill station only and have been a debatable topic for a long time in Mussoorie. This place is Haunted and mysterious in the Mussoorie Range of Uttarakhand.
- Lambi Dehar Mines, in the list of the top 10 mysterious places in India, are well known for their paranormal activities after the death of 50,000 workers who died there due to wrongful mining practices, witness a woman at the mines who had much life in the past.
- Due to these occurrences, Lambi Dhar Mines become a haunted mine in the Mussoorie. It is said that it is the curse of all those workers that still paranormal activities persist in this area.
No 7. Agrasen Ki Baoli
Location- New Delhi
Agrasen Ki Baoli is a historic landmark in Delhi, established by the legendary king Agrasen. It has been haunted for years. Even though this place is haunted, many Bollywood movies have used it; movies such as Pk, formula 1, sultan, etc., are filmed at this haunted place.
- The timing for entry in the Agrasen ki Boali is between 9 to 5:30 as it is dangerous to enter it after the sunset.
- This place is still a mystery and has many secrets inside.
- Also, many people state that there is nothing wrong with this place, and they have visited it and returned safely, but still, many scary stories do exist.
No 8. Ramoji Film city
Ramoji film city is around 1,666 acres in area, also known as the largest film city globally, and has been certified by the Guinness World Record. Nearly 2 million tourists visit this massive place every year; it was made by a Telugu film producer Ramoji Rao in 1996.
- This film city has witnessed many paranormal activities many times in the past, and people say it is because of the place and structures.
- Even many actors deny working in this film city as in the past, many incidents have taken place with commoners and actors in this place. So this place is still mysterious on the list.
No 9. D’Souza Chawl
D’Souza Chawl was active and full of feel place, but at night its vibe changes. The stories and rumors are made that this place becomes haunted at night. The main story is that a woman once was filling water from the well and fell into the crawl well; people have spotted a woman’s figure who passes away later as she is harmless, but people are told that not to go alone there at night.
- Another haunted thing in this chawl is the security man who oftentimes spotted in the one of tree in the crawl, he appears to be in the chawl at night, and residents often see him guarding the area of chawl.
- No one knows that what the fact is.
No 10. Bombay High Court
Bombay High Court is an iconic building in the city of Mumbai and is said to be haunted. It is said that the spirit of a murdered lawyer haunts the courtroom for the last 30 years. This place was established in 1862 and is one of the oldest courts present in India.
- The Bombay High Court is mysterious and still rumored with many stories, but the major factor is that no one is sure about the actual story that has led to all these activities going on.
1. What are some haunted places in India?
India has no dearth of places that are considered to be haunted; Bhangarh Fort remains the most popular one among all these places.
2. Are there any haunted places in India?
Yes, India is full of haunted and mysterious places; you can find them here in abundance.