Top 10 Cleanest City In India: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, is the number 1 cleanest city in India with a proper waste management system to keep the entire city clean. With a population of 136.644 crores of people, a lot of waste is generated. India produces tones of bio-degradable and non-biodegradable waste. Many citizens are not aware of proper disposable of this waste; some of them are aware but Don’t follow it. It is necessary to understand that if we don’t find out a proper way of waste management, there will be more waste in the coming 50 years than humans and animals on the earth.
Top 10 Cleanest City In India
Government, activists, and entrepreneurs are working on techniques to reduce, reuse and recycle this waste. Some have found ways to use this waste in useful materials like brick. It is also essential to keep our streets and locality clean. India is a developing nation and has tourism as one of its largest industries. All the dirt and waste will directly affect the tourist as no one wants to see a beautiful place and then stand next to all that garbage or wants foul smell. Here is the list of our Top 10 Cleanest City In India.
No 1. Indore, Madhya Pradesh
The number 1 cleanest city in India in Indore. The city has a proper waste management system. They have disposable plans and bifurcation for their bio-degradable and non-biodegradable. The city has been ranked 1 for the cleanest city for more than 2 years.
- All over the city, there are dust bins, and the road is clean. No stray animal can be seen on the road.
- Even with a magnificent food market in Indore, there is no food-related waste on the roads.
- Every citizen living in Indore is proud of their city.
- They also have painted walls and posters related to how to dispose of waste and not to throw any waste on the road for spreading awareness.
- Tourist spots of Indore are Chappan Dukan, Central Museum, and Sarafa Bazaar, Rajwada Palace, and Lalbagh Palace.
No 2. Surat, Gujarat
Suraj, Gujarat, is famous for its diamond cutting industry and textile industry. The city generates tons of industrial waste. But the municipal corporation of Surat has decided to do proper waste management and utilize these wastes.
- The city is turning into a growing tourist attraction.
- Surat is famous for Dumas Beach, Dutch Garden, Ambaji Temple, Surat Castle, Surat clock tower, and Andrew’s library.
No 3. Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
While Navi Mumbai is ranked third in our list of the cleanest city in India, it is one of the most crowded places in India. The city has decided to use the age-old method of waste management, the 3 R’s ( Reduce, Recycle and Refuse).
- It is also essential to keep the city clean as the Arabian Sea is also connected to them, and waste inside water is very harmful to humans and water bodies.
- Tourist spots of Mumbai are Juhu Beach, Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Sidhi Vinayak Temple, Gateway of India, and Bombay Castle.
No 4. Ambikapur, Chattisgarh
Ambikapur is one of the Clean cities in India for a very long time. They have converted their waste into profits. Around 90% of their daily waste is recycled and used to produce effective goods.
- The city is filled with temples, and that’s why it is known as the Temple Town of Chhatisgarh.
- Tourist spots of Ambikapur are Jogimara Caves, Tiger point waterfall, Mahamaya Temple, Thinthini Patthar.
No 5. Mysore, Karnataka
Mysore practices a Zero-waste plant. Mysore segregates industrial and household waste into bio-degradable and non-biodegradable, which is separated daily. The city is also popularly known as Garden city or City of Palaces.
- Some tourist spots are St. Philomena’s Church, Brindavan Gardens, Karanji Lake, Daria Daulat Bagh, and Gol Gumbaz.
No 6. Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, is motivated to achieve a higher rank for being the cleanest city. They are segregating their waste and educating households also to follow waste management practices. The city is developing and attracting more tourists.
- Some tourist spots are Sri Durga Malleswara, Undavalli Caves, Rajiv Gandhi Park, Isckon.
No 7. Ahmadabad, Gujarat
Next on the list of Cleanest cities in India 2021 is the capital of Gujarat, Ahmadabad. The city is motivated to make it cleaner and use recycle, refuse, reduce. The city uses waste treatment and many other methods to control its plastic waste. The city welcomes tourists from all over the world and has many amazing places that you can visit.
- Some tourist spots are Swaminarayan Temple, Vaishno Devi Temple, Sabarmati Ashram, Bhadra Tower, and Ahmed Shah’s Mosque.
No 8. New Delhi
New Delhi has a lot of pollution and waste that is generated by people who live there. Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has used different waste segmentation practices to control waste production in the city. The government implemented many other rules like a ban on firecrackers, Odd and even car rule, placing dust bin at places where the foot count is more.
- The city has many tourist spots and attracts a lot of tourists domestically and internationally.
- Many tourist spots are Lotus temple, Chandni chowk, Bangla Sahib, Connaught place, Lal Quila, Qutub Minar, and India Gate.
- There are many shopping markets in Delhi like Janpath, Lajpat Nagar market, Greater Kailash market.
No 9. Chandrapur, Maharashtra
Chandrapur, Maharashtra, is trying to work better on its waste management. They are segregating their waste and educating households about proper waste management. The city is also an amazing tourist spot and attracts visitors with its beautiful architecture.
- Many tourist spots are Shree Mahakali Temple, Jatpura Gate, Pathanpura Gate, Junona Lakes, Tadoba-Andhari National Park, and Bhamragarh Wildlife Sanctuary.
No 10. Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
Khargone in Madhya Pradesh is small and not very populated. They follow proper garbage management and waste management system. If the city follows more methods to control waste and uses that waste for effective use in the following years, it can rank much higher on the list. There are multiple tourist spots in the city.
- Ahilyabai Ghats, Queen’s Fort, Shrimant Bajirao Peshwa Samadhi, Ahilyeshwar Temple, and Jaam Gate are tourist spots.
- Which is the cleanest city in India in 2021?
Surat, Gujarat is the cleanest city in India in 2021.
- Which is the No 1 clean city in India?
Indore, Madhya Pradesh is the No 1 clean city in India for 4 years.
- Which is the dirtiest city in India?
Khargone, Madhya Pradesh is not the dirtiest but ranked lowest in our list.
- Which is the richest city in India?
Navi Mumbai is the richest city in India with the highest Gross Domestic Product.