Top 10 Badminton Players In India | Famous Badminton Players: Prakash Padukone father of Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, is the most famous badminton player followed by Saina Nehwal the young and talented Indian Badminton Player. Badminton was the first racquet sport on the planet and is perhaps one of the most famous sports. The consistently simple game Badminton has consistently been a famous game in our subcontinent and is continuing to grow tremendously popular in India.
We have the top 10 Indian Badminton Players who are the most famous badminton players in India too well-renowned and successful. Have a look at their career and lifestyle.
Top 10 Badminton Players In India | Famous Badminton Players
No 1. Prakash Padukone
Famous Indian Badminton Player Prakash Padukone is a legend of the game and quite possibly the most conspicuous player in the Indian Badminton category. The fact that he is the father to the renowned actress Deepika Padukone makes him more famous.
- He was also the first Indian to win the All England Championships Title.
- He was the first Indian Badminton player to arrive at the No.1 spot in 1980.
- He is likewise a fellow benefactor of an establishment called Olympic Gold Quest which promotes Olympic games in India.
- He is tremendously regarded in the Badminton circuit for his humble and aiding demeanor towards youthful maturing badminton players.
- Thus he is regarded as one of the best Badminton players in India.
No 2. Saina Nehwal
There’s no denying the fact that badminton star Saina Nehwal is the most popular female Badminton player in India. Many in India credit her for making the sport badminton popular in India.
- In the Commonwealth Games of 2010 and 2018, she has won two singles gold medals.
- Along with this, she is also the first Indian player to get an Olympic award in Badminton, Bronze in the 2012 London Olympics.
- Saina is an extremely popular Badminton player in India and is likewise the solitary Indian female player to become World No.1 and has won 24 titles in her continuous vocation.
- She has propelled plenty of young ladies to get this game and is quite possibly the best ladies in Indian Sports.
No 3. P.V. Sindhu
Following Saina Nehwal, we have another very popular female badminton player on our list. P.V. Sindhu became renowned during the 2016 Rio Olympics, where Sindhu became the youngest and first Indian lady to win a silver medal in the Olympics.
- She additionally won the 2013 World Badminton Championship, making her the first-ever Indian Badminton player to accomplish this.
- Sindhu is one of the renowned badminton players in India and the current force to be reckoned with in the Indian Badminton scene.
- She has a ton of youthful fans who wish to duplicate her exceptional abilities on the court.
- In a brief period, PV Sindhu alongside Saina Nehwal has become the banner conveyors of Badminton in India.
No 4. Pullela Gopichand
After Prakash Padukone, Pullela Gopichand, one of the top 10 badminton players of India, is the subsequent player to win the All England Championship Title. He isn’t just extraordinary compared to other Indian badminton players. He is the best mentor for budding badminton players. He is the current National Badminton Coach.
- He is one of the essential inspirations behind the achievement of India’s two renowned badminton players P.V.Sindhu and Saina Nehwal.
- He has his coaching institute in Hyderabad, where he prepares youthful badminton wonders.
- Gopichand had to retire early due to frequent injuries.
- Yet he stills strives to assist Indian Badminton with coming to the top in the world.
No 5. Shrikant Kidambi
Srikanth Kidamb is currently the best male Badminton player in India. He had become World No.1 in 2018. After his debut, it took him only two years to arrive at the World No.1 spot. He is a striking and popular player, frequently crushing top shuttlers Chong Wei and Lin Dan.
- He has secured himself a spot in the list of extraordinary Indian Badminton players by winning the most number of super series titles by any Indian male player.
- Srikanth is additionally another marvel kid out of the Gopichand Academy in Andhra Pradesh.
- He is also the first Indian male to win the Swiss Open Grand Prix.
- He has likewise won the Arjuna Award and Padma Shri for his praiseworthy exhibitions in representing our nation at the international level.
No 6. Jwala Gatta
Jwala Gutta is renowned for the fact that she is the first Indian badminton player to qualify for two events in the Olympics. Jwala Gutta is famous for her strong mentality and never give- up attitude.
- This drove her to a ton of achievement in the doubles category.
- She is quite famous and has a ton of fans, possibly due to her gifted netplay and one-of-a-kind style of service.
- She is also the only doubles player to utilize the forehand service.
- She is an extremely brilliant and tricky player and furthermore has huge frontcourt abilities.
No 7. Nandu Natekar
Nandu Natekar won the worldwide title for India in badminton in the year 1956. He is also very famous and regarded as the ‘Lord of Indian Badminton’.He has been an exceptional player when at the pinnacle of his career and had started the fever for Badminton in India.
- Individuals used to say Natekar was simply invulnerable and considered him as the home court’s best player.
- With a sum of winning in excess of 100 global and national titles, Natekar is one of India’s most renowned Badminton players.
- He additionally established an institute “NSF – Natekar Sports and Fitness” to prep desiring and impending badminton talents in India.
No 8. Parupalli Kashyap
Parupalli Kashyap is the husband of famous badminton player Saina Nehwal and is a pro-Badminton player in India who plays for the Banga Beats in the Indian Badminton League.
- He became popular after the 2012 London Olympics, where he arrived at the quarterfinals of the competition and was the only Indian male to arrive that far at that point.
- Despite the fact that he has asthma, it took sheer will and hard work to clear his way to the rundown of the top best Indian badminton players.
- He additionally got a men’s singles gold medal at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014.
No 9. Aparna Popat
Amazing shuttler Aparna Popat is one of the best among the list of all-time most famous players in India. She is also renowned for holding the record of achieving National Senior level Women’s badminton titles the most continuously.
- She was trained by the famous Prakash Padukone to hone her abilities and upgrade her skills on the court.
- She at that point proceeded to equal her mentor’s record with 9 National Single titles.
- She likewise had a fair career and won a Women’s singles silver in Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games.
No 10. Ashwini Ponappa
Ashwini Ponappa, alongside Jwala Gutta, is a renowned duo who shared a great association and proceeded to win a number of awards in India. The two of them proceeded to be India’s top Badminton players in the doubles category.
- Ashwini Ponappa is one of the players of the first Indian pair and only the second overall to win a medal at the BWF World Championships.
- The Ashwini-Jwala pair had won various global titles.
- The most famous badminton player Ashwini Ponappa has won the bronze for Uber Cup, gold in Commonwealth Games, and Asian Badminton Championship.
For many years India has been delivering the best badminton players who have carried incredible bliss and pride to the observers around the globe. Famous Indian Badminton players have set their foot on every global platform of badminton, be it Olympic, Commonwealth, or some other important global occasions.
- Who is the No 1 badminton player in India?
Prakash Padukone is the number 1 badminton player in India who is also the father of popular actress Deepika Padukone.
- Who is the God of badminton in India?
Nandu Natekar is The God of Badminton. His career lasted over 15 years and he is renowned for winning 100 national and International Titles.
- Who is the mother of badminton?
Jwala Gutta is one of the best Indian female badminton players is the Mother of Badminton.
- Who won India’s 1st Olympic medal in badminton?
Saina Nehwal has won India’s 1st Olympic Medal in Badminton during the 2012 London Olympics.