Babbu Maan Biography: Tejinder Singh, popularly known as Babbu Maan, is an Indian singer-songwriter, actor, and film producer. Maan was raised in Khant Maanpur in the Fatehgarh Sahib district of Punjab, India. Most of his artistic work focuses on Punjabi music and films. Maan’s main target audience is the Punjabi-speaking population of the world.
Babbu Maan Biography
Since 1999, he has released eight studio albums and six compilation albums; has written screenplays for, acted in, and produced Punjabi films; and has contributed significantly to regional and Bollywood film soundtracks. Maan is the ambassador for One Hope, One Chance, a non-profit organization based out of Punjab.
- Early Life:- Maan was raised in Khant Maanpur in the Fatehgarh Sahib district of Punjab, India. It is said that Babbu Maan was thrown out of his house by his father because of his love for singing. He’s worked hard and has become such a great personality, recognized by the whole country and Punjabis worldwide. He was educated at a private school in Maanpur and graduated from a government college in Ropar. He went to Chandigarh’s Punjab University to pursue M.A in Urdu. Maan has a passion for music right from his childhood, and at the age of 7, he gave his first stage performance.
- Babbu Maan birthday:- 29 march 1975
- Babbu Maan Marital status:- Married to Harmandeep Kaur
- Babbu Maan instagram:- Instagram
- Babbu Maan net worth:- 20 million dollors
- Babbu Maan age:- 46
- Babbu Maan height:- 5’11”
- Babbu Maan zodiac sign:- Pieses
- Babbu Maan’s favorite food:- Boiled egg and curd.
- Babbu Maan’s Hobbies: Making the best out of waste, Gymming
- Babbu Maan’s Favorite Actor: Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan
- Babbu Maan’s Favorite Singer: Gurdas Maan, Muhammad Sadiq, Sukhwinder Singh, Asha Bhosle, Bob Marley
- Babbu Maan’s Favorite Color: Black, Blue
Music Career (Babbu Maan Biography)
Babbu Maan recorded his first album Sajjan Rumaal De Geya, in 1997 but revised and re-released most of the songs in his subsequent albums. Maan’s first official debut album Tu Meri Miss India, was released in 1999. In 2001, Babbu Maan released his third album Saaun Di Jhadi, featuring Chan Chanani, Raat Guzarlayi, Dil Ta Pagal Hai, Ishq, Kabza, and Touch Wood. In 2003, he wrote and sang for his first film soundtrack Hawayein where he worked alongside Indian playback singers Sukhwinder Singh and Jaspinder Narula. Maan released his fourth album Ohi Chann Ohi Rataan, in 2004, followed by Pyaas in 2005, one of the best-selling Punjabi albums of the time. In 2007, Maan released his first Hindi album entitled Mera Gham, and in 2009, his first religious album Singh Better Than King. A song from the latter, Baba Nanak, a reaction to fake saints and preachers in Punjab, caused various debates about the growing phenomenon in the state. In 2010 he won “Best International Artist” at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards. On 4 July 2013, Maan released Talaash: In Search Of Soul, his first Punjabi commercial album after eight years. The album entered the top 10 in the World Albums chart by Billboard. In 2015, the album named Itihaas was released, and in 2018 Ik C Pagal was released. In addition to Hawayein, Babbu Maan has sung in Punjabi films Waagah and Dil Tainu Karda Ae Pyar and Bollywood productions Vaada Raha, Crook, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster, Titoo MBA, and 31st October. Babbu Maan has performed in shows across Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East. In 2014, Maan was a winner of four World Music Awards: World’s Best Indian Male Artist, World’s Best Indian Live Act, World’s Best Indian Entertainer, and World’s Best Indian Album for Talaash: In Search of Soul. Maan also won two dafs BAMA Music Awards Germany in 2017.
- Babbu Maan debuted in a supporting role in Hawayein, a 2003 film based on the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. Although banned in India, the film was a success overseas. In 2006, Maan starred in his first Punjabi film as the main lead in Rabb Ne Banaiyan Jodie. Dissatisfied with certain scenes and the film’s fate, Maan returned to form in 2008 with Hashar (A Love Story). He has since written, produced, and acted in his own films Ekam, Hero Hitler in Loveland Desi Romeos. Babbu Maan is a partner in Maan Films Pvt. Ltd, and in 2010, constructed a film set called Ishqpura in his native village. In 2018, he acted in the film Banjara which is based on the life of truck drivers.
- Babbu Maan Bollywood debut[as an actor]:- Hawayein
- Babbu Maan Bollywood debut [as a singer]:- Khel- No Ordinary Game
- Babbu Maan social life:- Apart from this, Babbu Maan co-owns a production company under the name ‘Maan Films Private Limited.’ He is the brand ambassador of ‘One Hope, One Chance,’ a Punjab-based Non-Profit Organisation. His dream project is to build a hospital for poor people and make nursing homes at his native place.
- Babbu Maan Achievements:- Babbu Maan won four World Music Awards in 2014, the World’s Best Indian Male Artist, World’s Best Indian Live Act, World’s Best Indian Entertainer, and World’s Best Indian Album for Talaash: In Search Of Soul. His album Talaash was also featured on Billboard charts. In 2017, he won another two awards at daf BAMA Music Awards for the Best Punjabi Act and BAMA’s Best Male.
- Babbu Maan controversies:- Babbu Maan accused of buying award. Babbu Maan, one of the most respected singers in the Punjabi music industry, was once accused of buying an award. Maan was given the prestigious Daf BAMA Music Awards for Best Male Artist and Best Punjabi Act.