Top 10 Indian Journalist: In India, there are many talented and popular journalists. These journalists provide us much information through tv and newspaper.
Top 10 Indian Journalist
The journalist is the person that gives information about many things such as weather, politics, sports, Bollywood, and more. Here is the list of the Top 10 Indian Journalists. In this article, you will get information about their monthly and salary, career, net worth, and other things.
No 1. Arnab Goswami
Arnab Goswami ranks at the first position in the list of the Top 10 Indian Journalists. He is the managing director and editor-in-chief of Republic Media Network. He started his career as a journalist with The Telegraph in Kolkata. After some months he moved to Delhi and joined NDTV. In 2006, he left NDTV to join Times Now news channel as an editor-in-chief. In 2016, he resigned as editor-in-chief of Times Now. In 2017, he launched his own channel Republic TV. In 2004, he won Best News Anchor of Asia in Asian Television Awards. In 2008, he won the Ramnath Goenka Award Excellence in Journalism.
- He was born on 7 March 1973 in Guwahati, Assam.
- He is married to Samyabrata Ray Goswami and has one son.
- His monthly income is 1 Crore+.
- His total net worth is $ 34 Million
No 2. Navika Kumar
Navika is a very known Indian Journalist. She is a Group Editor Politics at Times Network and also hosts the prime time show The Newshour on Times Now news channel. She started her career as a journalist in print media. Later she joined Times Now News Channel. She is still working with the Times Now news channel and has also become its brand ambassador. She has completed almost 3 decades in the field of Journalism.
- She was born on 11 March 1978 in Sindri, Jharkhand.
- Navika Kumar is married to Sunil Marwah and has a son Suchet Kumar Marwah.
- Her per annum salary is Rs.1.30 Lakhs.
- Her total net worth is $ 3 Million.
No 3. Rajdeep Sardesai
Rajdeep Sardesai is a very popular Indian news anchor, journalist, and author. In 1988, he started working with The Times Of India and was also the city editor of its Mumbai edition. In 1994, she started television journalism as Political Editor of New Delhi Television (NDTV). He was the Managing Editor of both NDTV 24X7 and NDTV India. In 2005, she quit NDTV and started his own company Global Broadcast News collaborated with CNN AND TV18. In 2008, he was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- She was born on 24th May 1965 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- He is married to journalist and author Sagrika Ghose and has a son and a daughter.
- His monthly income is Rs. 60 lakhs.
- His total net worth is $6 Million.
No 4. Ravish Kumar
Ravish Kumar is a very known Indian journalist, author, and media personality. He is the Senior Executive Editor of the NDTV India channel. He also hosts a number of programs such as the channel’s flagship weekday show Prime Time, Hum Log, Ravish Ki Report, and Des Ki Baat. He has won Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism two times in 2013 and 2017. In 2019, he became the fifth Indian journalist to receive the Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- He was born on 5 December 1974 in Jitwarpur, Bihar.
- He is married to Nayana Dasgupta and has two daughters.
- His monthly income is Rs. 18-20 Lakhs.
- His total net worth is Rs. $20 Million
No 5. Shekhar Gupta
Shekhar Gupta is a very known Indian journalist and author. He is the founder and the current editor-in-chief of ThePrint. He started his career in 1977 as a journalist for The Indian Express. After working for 6 years, he resigned to join India Today. In 1996, he rejoined The Indian Express as editor-in-chief and CEO of it. In 2014, he resigned from it and joined India Today. In August 2017, he launched an Indian online newspaper ThePrint. In 2009, he was awarded Padma Bhushan by the UPA Government.
- He was born on 26th August 1957 in Palwal, Haryana.
- He is married to Neelam Jolly.
- His total net worth is Rs. 1-5 Million.
No 6. Rahul Kanwal
Rahul Kanwal is an Indian TV journalist and News Director at India Today. He is the host of the prime-time show Newstrack on weekdays and interview-based show, Jab We Met, on India TV Today. started his career in 1999 as an anchor-cum-reporter with Zee News. Later in 2002, he joined the Aaj Tak channel. He has also worked as the Editor-at-Large in Aaj Tak and India Today in TV Today Group. In 2013, he was awarded the best anchor at the Indian Television Academy Awards.
- He was born on 14th September 1980 in Patna, Bihar.
- He is married to Jasleen Dhanota and has one son.
- His monthly salary is Rs.10 Lakhs.
- His total net worth is Rs. 1 Million.
No 7. Prannoy Roy
Prannoy Roy is an Indian economist, chartered accountant, author, and journalist. He is the executive co-chairperson of NDTV. NDTV was the first independent news network in India. In 1979 he started working as a consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers India. In 1977, he produced his first election forecast for the India General Election. He began his career as a television journalist by covering the general election for Doordarshan. In 2015, he won the Red Ink award by Mumbai Press Club for lifetime achievement for his consistent contribution to news television.
- He was born on 15 October 1949 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- He is married to Radhika Das and has a daughter named Tara.
- His monthly income is Rs.65 Lakhs.
- His total net worth is $15 Million.
No 8. Sudhir Chaudhary (Top 10 Indian Journalist)
Sudhir Chaudhary is an Indian journalist and media personality. He is the editor-in-chief and CEO of Zee News, WION, Zee Bussiness, and Zee 24 Tass. He has started working in the television news industry in 1990. In 2003, he quit the Zee News channel and launched the Sahara Samay Channel. He also joined India TV for some time. In 2012 he rejoined Zee News and hosted the news show Daily News & Analysis. In 2013, he won Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism.
- He was born on 18 June 1974 in Hodal, Haryana.
- He is married to Niti Chaudhary and has one son.
- His monthly income is Rs. 27 Lakhs.
- His total net worth is $ 3.26 Million.
No 9. Barkha Dutt (Top 10 Indian Journalist)
Barkha Dutta is a very popular Indian Journalist, author, and owner of the YouTube news channel MoJo Story. She is also an opinion columnist of The Hindustan Times and The Washington Post. She started her journalism career with the NDTV Channel. After working for 21 years, she left the NDTV. In 2019, she worked as an anchor and consulting editor at Tiranga TV. In 2008, she was awarded the Padma Shri By the Government of India.
- She was born on 18 December 1971 in New Delhi.
- She married Mr. Mir but got separated.
- Later, he married Dr. Haseeb Drabu and got divorced.
- Her monthly salary is Rs 22 lakhs.
- Her total net worth is $ 7 Million.
No 10. Rajat Sharma (Top 10 Indian Journalist)
Rajat Sharma is an Indian journalist and the Chairman and Editor-in-chief of India TV. He joined the Onlooker Magazine as a trainee and became its editor. After three years, he joined Sunday Observers. Later. he joined The Daily as an editor but he didn’t know how to write editorials in English so he hired Mr. V. Gangadar to write in his place. After this, he was forced to resign from the position of editor. In 1992, he joined Zee News and heard about the concept of Aap Ki Adalat. In 1993, he shot the first episode of this show with Lalu Yadav. He has interviewed more than 750 guests on his show. In 2015, he was honored with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- He was born on 18 February 1957 in Delhi.
- He married Ritu Dhawan in 1997.
- His monthly salary is Rs.30 Lakhs +
- His total net worth is $15 Million.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Who is the No 1 journalist in India?
Arnab Goswami is the No 1 journalist in India.
Who are the top journalists in India?
In the above article, you can check out the top journalists in India.