Top 10 Biggest City By Population In India: Mumbai is the number 1 biggest city in India that has a population of 12,691,836 and is a famous Bollywood city. India is a country with 29 states but these states have various cities. These cities are famous for food and culture, but some cities are more famous for the huge population which is the problem of modern times. India too is known in the world as a highly populated country. It is the seventh-largest country in the world and as per population, it ranks second.
Top 10 Biggest City By Population In India
When we talk about the cities in our country there are a number of 39 cities that are densely populated with more than a million residents. Our government keeps on collecting data regarding the population, the birth and the deaths rate and also aware people for small and happy families. Here is our list of the top 10 biggest city by population in India.
No 1. Mumbai
Mumbai is a city with a population of 12,691,836. The popular name of Mumbi is the “city of dreams” and the “city that never sleeps”. This city is the hometown of the important financial, commercial, and entertainment enterprises of the country and is among the topmost populated cities in India. Mumbai is the city that is the hub of the entertainment industry, many film stars live there. Mumbai’s street food is also very famous in India. You can see thousands of people on roads in the evening here in Mumbai making it the most populous state of India.
- Ganesh Utsav is a festival that is celebrated in a very exciting way in Mumbai.
- The city of Mumbai lies near water bodies and hence has some beautiful beaches. The city also has various monuments like the Gateway of India.
- The area of the city is 603.4 square kilometers. The density of the city is 21,000 per square kilometer.
No 2. Delhi
The population of the city of Delhi is 10,927,986. This metropolitan city is the capital of India. New Delhi after Mumbai, is the richest city in the nation. The city has rich culture and heritage. The city has an area of 1,484 square kilometers. The density of the city is 29,259 per square kilometer. The city, Delhi is denser than Mumbai. Delhi has street food which has maintained its fame in the country for ages.
- Along with huge expensive malls, Delhi has markets like Sarojini, where people can find clothes at cheaper rates.
- This city has also been home to pre-eminent civilizations and rulers.
- The metro stations are heavily crowded with people every time making it a populated state of India.
No 3. Bangalore
The city in the south, Bangalore has a population of 5,104,047 people. The other name of Banglore is “The Silicon Valley of India”. Bangalore is the center of all IT firms. Bangalore is the capital of the southern state of Karnataka, the city is also acknowledged for its numerous parks and wonderful nightlife. The area of the city is 709 square kilometers with a density of 12,000 per square kilometer.
- The city of Bangalore is the birthplace of technology in India.
- Bangalore along with being the hub of IT sector firms, also has reputation for biotechnology firms.
No 4. Kolkata
Kolkata is a city of West Bengal with a population of 4,631,392. Kolkata is the most traditionally rich city in India. The capital of West Bengal is Kolkata and is also known as the land of philosophers as it is the house of many Nobel Laureates and other people of influence. The city is the third most populated city in India. The area of the city is 205 square kilometers. The density of the city is 22,000 per square kilometer.
- The city is very famous for its sweet dishes.
- The festival of Durga Pooja is celebrated in the most extravagant manner in the city.
No 5. Chennai
Chennai is a city with a population of 4,328,063 people. The city is nicknamed the “Detroit of India”, the country’s one-third of the automobile companies are situated in this city. Chennai is the city that is the capital of the state Chennai Chennai is still popular with its old name- “Madras” and is a beautiful tourist place. The area of the city is 426 square kilometers and it has a density of 17,000 per square kilometer.
- Chennai has many beautiful temples and beaches. Marine food of Chennai is also very famous.
- Coffee in Chennai is very popular.
No 6. Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is a city with a population of 3,719,710 people. Swiftly developing as the industrial and financial core of India, this city is situated in the state of Gujarat. It managed to be the capital of Gujarat but had lost the privilege to its twin city Gandhinagar. Presently, the city is the sixth most populated city in India. The city has an area of 464 square kilometers and a density of 12,000 square kilometers. The street food of Ahemdabad is very famous.
- People doing “Garba” during Durga Pooja adds more glory to the city.
- The famous river, Sabarmati is in Ahemdabad. The city is popularly called “Amdavad”.
- The city is famous for its cotton industries as well.
No 7. Hyderabad
Hyderabad is a city with a population of 3,597,816 people. Hyderabad is popular for its rich culture and also for its mouthwatering foods. Hyderabad is the capital of Telangana. It is also a significant center of the technology business of the country. The city has an area of 65o square kilometers and has a density of 10,477 per square kilometer.
- Hyderabad is the home of dynasties like Nizams and Mughals who shaped the history of India.
- The city has famous monuments like Charminar and the fort of Golconda.
No 8. Pune
Pune is a city with a population of 2,935,744. The city is also identified as “Oxford of the East” due to the ubiquity of many well-acknowledged educational institutes. It is the second-largest city in Maharashtra after Mumbai and is also a future IT hub. Pune presently falls on the eighth position according to the study of most populated cities in India. The area of the city is 331.3 square kilometers and it has a density of 9,400 per square kilometer.
- Pune houses many huge automobile industries.
- The delicious street food of Pune is appreciated and enjoyed by all.
No 9. Surat
The population of Surat is 2,894,504. Surat is the country’s leading IT brazen city. Situated in the state of Gujarat, this city is recognized for its diamonds and is also an important industrial textile manufacturing center. The city has an area of 326.5 square kilometers and has a density of 14,000 square kilometers.
- The city is also famous for its Zari craft.
No 10. Kanpur
The population of Kanpur is 2,823,249, among the Top 10 Biggest City By Population In India. Situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur is popular for its textile and leather firms. The area of this city is 403.7 square kilometers and the density of the city is 6,900 square kilometers.
- The local food of the city is very famous in the country.
Which is the biggest city in India by population?
Mumbai is the biggest city in India by population.
Which are the largest 5 cities in India?
Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Chennai are the largest 5 cities in India.
Which is the most populated state of India?
Mumbai is the most populated state of India.
Be First to Comment